Are players who play slowly annoying?

A

AmiableFool

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Eventually their timebank will run out? :)
This is a reasonable point of view.

I have trouble understanding the players who get annoyed. They seem to have a hidden, internal time limit that is different than the one provided by the game, but they usually don't explain why their internal limit is better than the one shown on screen.

Things that annoy us often seem to be ones we don't understand. The annoyed players can't see that the slow player is multitabling, or calculating EV, or waiting for a bubble to burst, or picking up a fallen child, or grabbing a quick refill, or any of 100 other valuable activities, so they assume that the player is just being rude.

What the annoyed players don't know is that we can use their annoyance against them. If I know that timebanking tilts someone on my table, I'll use it to my advantage to make a profit. They would be more successful if they didn't freely give us the tools we need to make them fail.

Last edited:
Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
People who slow play and deliberately wind down the clock, can be very annoying. Especially only to fold after all that time-wasting.
Doesn't prove to be a good player to me...

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The slow players dont bother me its part of the game some players need to think out there move.

whinwa

whinwa

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This is a reasonable point of view.

I have trouble understanding the players who get annoyed. They seem to have a hidden, internal time limit that is different than the one provided by the game, but they usually don't explain why their internal limit is better than the one shown on screen.

Things that annoy us often seem to be ones we don't understand. The annoyed players can't see that the slow player is multitabling, or calculating EV, or waiting for a bubble to burst, or picking up a fallen child, or grabbing a quick refill, or any of 100 other valuable activities, so they assume that the player is just being rude.

What the annoyed players don't know is that we can use their annoyance against them. If I know that timebanking tilts someone on my table, I'll use it to my advantage to make a profit. They would be more successful if they didn't freely give us the tools we need to make them fail.
Yup. People who want a quick fix should just put all they have on Black on the roulette :d

sincos

sincos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I play 6 tables at the same time, I don't notice that someone is playing slowly...

C

clotilde

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
players who sometimes lose they start to make people nervous,they see that they have lost and try to kill time.why do they do it?they try to irritate the opponent in front of them. your thoughts are very interesting.I did not do it myself
without saying that the blinds go up and we will play few hands

UnderDawg5501

UnderDawg5501

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
There seem to be a number of opinions.

To me, if I let the clock run to a particular spot before I commit to my action, That has some real advantages.
There are no timing tells from me.
I am not in a rush, even if I have 72o, who cares.
AND, if it tilts someone.. Yay me!

If it's on the bubble, I may go a little longer, rarely do I go into the timebank.

goaldriversv

goaldriversv

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just a part of the game. Some people do this intentionally to annoy people. Some people do this bc they are close to the money and don’t want to be the bubble boy. Both wrong with that

yuriko oyama

yuriko oyama

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
sometimes they are playing at multiple tables.

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think in todays poker sitter limpers are the biggest destroyers of value at the table.

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think depends on how many tables the player are playing and what is his hability by the way. Sometimes there isn't how play fast but in other cases it's just a annoying player that wants to irritate all table.

vitas_top

vitas_top

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I think that everyone has the right to play at a speed that is convenient for them and no one has the right to adjust them. Of course, within the limits allowed by the rules.

S

sonikki

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
FI
Chips
I dont find it annoying because i play +4table and i try to just make best possible decision.

lifecoach22

lifecoach22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Of course not, because there are poker hands that take time to think about. That's why they invented Timebanks in poker so that there would be time to think about their actions

drinker

drinker

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
players who sometimes lose they start to make people nervous,they see that they have lost and try to kill time.why do they do it?they try to irritate the opponent in front of them. your thoughts are very interesting.I did not do it myself
I don't care how my opponents use their time, that's their right. The main thing is that I value my time and always know how to use a spare minute.

cdntyler87

cdntyler87

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Slow players are annoying for sure constantly running the time bar down to zero just to fold every time gets old quick

seiya1989

seiya1989

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Personally, I find it a bit annoying if a player has been on all hands for a while, but I understand that maybe he is playing several tables at the same time, just like nothing to do, play music and relax.

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think anyone can use the time given by the table. Some people just like to think a lot, others play multiple tables. I already found players who use the same amount of time in every given hand too. I read once this is a strategy to block any reads based on the time players take their decisions.
I really don't worry about that.

dongato2

dongato2

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
sometimes it is, but it takes some getting used to as that can hurt your game if you start to get angry

TeUnit

TeUnit

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This happens for many reasons- bad internet, lot of games, getting their uber eats, etc, etc.

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Yes very annoying and players who try to play many tables at once but clearly don't have control over any and keep the table(s) waiting for their next action.

Very annoying indeed ......

Roobz75

Roobz75

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I use to try to play several tables at a time. But, found it slowed down the game, and upset players. Therefore, I play only one tabe at a time. Never understood how some players can keep up with several tables. Amazing to me.
Mike
That's the point. Realistically, they can't.

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
He really wants to annoy you, if a poker player gets angry he often makes mistakes, or sometimes slows down his game or reaction until he sees the turn and the river, I consider it a skill.