Are players who play slowly annoying?

N

NoMore

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
players who sometimes lose they start to make people nervous,they see that they have lost and try to kill time.why do they do it?they try to irritate the opponent in front of them. your thoughts are very interesting.I did not do it myself

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
some players who take longer take the time to think and analyze the situation and try to look for tells on you / their opponents

in online poker though many of the players who take long do so because they play several tables at once , or because they are distracted by TV or chat with someone etc. . thats what i think

Like2Play2

Like2Play2

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Sometimes in big tournaments, when getting close to the money, I notice that the small stack players tend to take more time to decide if they are going to call, raise or go all in. I think it's because the blinds are so hight and the bubble is near. They are trying to make the money.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
When I played 12 tables at the same time, it is very often impossible to play fast on each table. After all, you often have to think about your decision on one table, while others will not work at this time.

1KrazyMofo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
not always but they can be.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't think it's to annoy other players, it could be strategy or playing multiple tables.
The problem is not in those who play slow, but in those who suffer for it, it's part of the game.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Slow players are one of my biggest pet peeves in poker. I just have to remain patient and take a deep breath so I don't get too annoyed.

azforlife

azforlife

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't help but to tilt when a slow player is at my table, it's a good thing most people play faster. Also poker sites should lower the time bank, way too much time than necessary!

W

wavetune

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
players who sometimes lose they start to make people nervous,they see that they have lost and try to kill time.why do they do it?they try to irritate the opponent in front of them. your thoughts are very interesting.I did not do it myself
it seems to me that the more you play, the less it will annoy you, someone does it on purpose, someone has a lot of tables, the connection is bad, etc. this should not interest you, some kind of trouble or poorly played hand brings more stress:)

in tournaments, who has a short stack and prizes are not far away, I constantly meet with such behavior of players

MattRyder

MattRyder

🍏 Tech That Works!
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I can't help but to tilt when a slow player is at my table, it's a good thing most people play faster. Also poker sites should lower the time bank, way too much time than necessary!
No, the time bank is close to perfect for normal players who may need extra time occasionally. I hate playing games when the time bank is so short I get auto-folded every third or fourth hand.

And yes people do it on purpose. I’d love to see them come up with some way to shorten the bubble. It’s really annoying having to wait an hour or more just to lose ONE player when you’ve been losing a few every minute before the bubble and a few every minute after the bubble.

N

narc

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Online has timeout. Already in real table without time limit is very annoying, because some take a long time to act.

Markjduk

Markjduk

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I agree with @vardann over the years the more I have played less it bothers me.

M

mange12345

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use to try to play several tables at a time. But, found it slowed down the game, and upset players. Therefore, I play only one tabe at a time. Never understood how some players can keep up with several tables. Amazing to me.
Mike

W

wengz2002

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There are levels for game speed for a reason!
If you want to play fast, you should play the Hyper, Hyper Turbo!
Don't Play Slow or Normal Mode!

C

Cooking

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't know if you're talking about live or online poker. I think it's must be very annoying if some player does that in live poker. But in online poker this can happen because the player maybe is playing multiple tables. I know that I play multiple tables at the same time and sometimes I have to use all my time to play.

mushthebush

mushthebush

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Discalimer: By the "you" I use in this post, I am not referring to you or anyone else in particular. Also this is not a rant, just a straight explanation.

No, it is not annoying, it is a set rule and a certain amount of time is equally available to everyone. NON-extendable time, right? They don't use your decision time, they use theirs. Some use it as a tool to annoy you, I mean, why not use it if it works?

It is not a personal matter.

Let's make it as simple as possible:
Everyone has an alotted time to do with it whatever they please, as they please. Why does it matter for you what they do with it? And the simplest answer is: because you are an arrogant child and you want something that you are not getting. You want everyone to play for you, like you and to your advantage and pleasure. No one should care about you in a game meant to take your money. But there are set, fair rules for a reason (you) and thankfully you can't do anything about it.

It doesn't matter if you play 1 or 100 tables at the same time, if you scubadive, cook, jog, have sex, bathe, swim or whatever else you do in the comfort of your environment while you play online poker. Everyone still has the exact same allotted time and they can use it to make a decision (simple or difficult) or to help themselves get in the money or to annoy you (which means you are weak, not them, so it's your disadvantage) or to juggle another activity along with poker.

Even simpler: Daniel Negreanu, publicly and freely available on youtube, plays live poker at a live table with a tablet in his hand where he plays an online tournament at the same time, while he films himself doing it. I'm sure he takes his time with every decision he makes.

And don't forget to have a laugh about it!

Hope this explains it. It's really simple.

A

arshuns

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
It's a very good idea to reduce the thinking time. If you lose your Internet connection, half a minute will not save you, and less time will definitely be enough to make a decision. When I play on several tables, running out of time is my problem. If you don't have time, it's your own fault And it may be more difficult for me, but I am in favor of reducing time.

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

It depends on whether online or live. In online poker, I've noticed that some players are just busy with other things and don't even notice that there are other people waiting on the other side. Of course, there are also antisocial players who do not care. In live poker there are also some strange people who will fold 100% and still use the show for themselves. But such players also belong to poker, otherwise there would be only good players:)

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I believe it is due to playing at multiple tables in most cases, maybe it's a case of looking for games with a shorter time bank

Gritz18

Gritz18

To Cesar, what belongs to Cesar.
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Annoying was what happened these days at the table, the guy had 2.2 bb, he was the BB, there was one left to burst the bubble, the whole table waiting for him to fall to get into the money, the SB was all-in on him , the guy spent all his time, 60 seconds and called, guess what he presented a nice pair of AA, and he doubled, will say this guy is not annoying.:mad:

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
some players who take longer take the time to think and analyze the situation and try to look for tells on you / their opponents

in online poker though many of the players who take long do so because they play several tables at once , or because they are distracted by TV or chat with someone etc. . thats what i think
sometimes they are thinking a bad spot also but the several tables is the most commum

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Slow players are fine as long as they are not abusing it. We have all seen the players who will use all there time every hand even when the know its just a simple fold.

As for the multi table players I get it but if you really cant keep up with all the table they should drop a few,

ScooperNova

ScooperNova

Hair in a Biscuit
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
you are an arrogant child and you want something that you are not getting
Well, that was rude. I don't think most people are understanding the post. All the answers about distractions and multitabling aren't useful to the conversation. OP explicitly references when someone loses and they go into pouting mode and run their time bank down. We can safely assume they were acting quickly before a loss based on the available information.

To answer you OP, they are attempting to force others to share in their misery. It doesn't bother me personally. If a table is moving to slow I just pick up and leave.