M1n1GuN777

M1n1GuN777

Enthusiast
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Doesn't annoy me. They make decisions on time, I think it's fair to spend as much time on a move as you see fit within the rules.

C

caracaski220

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
players who sometimes lose they start to make people nervous,they see that they have lost and try to kill time.why do they do it?they try to irritate the opponent in front of them. your thoughts are very interesting.I did not do it myself
I hate it when players take minutes to make simple obvious decisions. I like sites that put time constraints on players actions.

pegasus888

pegasus888

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on how high is the buying, I don't mind slowing playing near on the bubble

jeambeam

jeambeam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
ID
Chips
players who sometimes lose they start to make people nervous,they see that they have lost and try to kill time.why do they do it?they try to irritate the opponent in front of them. your thoughts are very interesting.I did not do it myself
sometime they take longer action to telling you that im confuse, sometime tm thinking, im bluffing or sometime i just waiting another player table knocked out during that running time and make me closer to ITM

S

skaterick

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
you can use your time however you want ..... those are the rules . if slow players somehow upset you go find some blitz tables !

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're playing at a table with slow players it gets under their skin if play slower than them.

Ketienne

Ketienne

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the situation. Sometimes I have the impression that it is purely strategic and, for example, a raise after half the time clock has expired comes across very well considered and thus often has more weight than if someone raises instantaneously and impulsively.
But generally in online poker you can never know for sure. It can also be that the letter carrier has just rung or so :D

In any case, I wouldn't let it bother me and just pay attention to how often it happens with player XY and what he does with it.

In the bubble, for example, short stacks often want to cause players at other tables to be eliminated sooner.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Close to the bubble , it's absolutely normal and it's understandable trying to be ITM . On other occasions , some might have bad connection , or some problems with their pc performance , he distracted because of many open tables or a specific table where very important decision has to be made , etc

Of course there will always be done idiots who do it on purpose to break others' balls , especially on some freerolls , this you cannot avoid . Better play many games at the same time , so an idiot on a table won't bother you at all

Joe

Joe

99.98% Kiln dried
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
If you're talking about micro stack players max time banking every action trying to make it ITM, it's simply flawed logic.

You want maximum hands per hour possible to increase your chances of waking up with a hand with which you can begin rebuilding.

Play for the win rather than the min and snap fold until you can snap shove. (y)

ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Some people take longer to make decision than others that’s why they have hyper and turbo games.

Academico

Academico

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
some players who take longer take the time to think and analyze the situation and try to look for tells on you / their opponents

in online poker though many of the players who take long do so because they play several tables at once , or because they are distracted by TV or chat with someone etc. . thats what i think
I think something similar, many times I think he takes time because he is at another table, although there are some players who seem to waste time until the last possible second in order to irritate someone as a strategy, but I think they are the least

G

greenlarrow

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
I'm not, well, maybe in a small number of cases

smuckenfart

smuckenfart

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Zzzzzzzzzzzzz.

There are always players typing this into the chat when the table takes too long to revolve.
"If you're tired, go take a nap."

Poker is a game of patience, MTT's a game of endurance. To me, allowing emotions such as annoyance to affect us at the tables is a detriment and serves no benefit. We're playing poker so we've obviously got time to spare. The players that intentionally slow down their play are looking for a reaction because they themselves cannot control their own negative feelings and lash out. Don't play into their game, but rather feel bad for them as they are still a slave to their emotions.

The same can be said for the players insisting others speed up their play. The lack of attention spans, the constant need for entertainment or embellishment of excitement prevalent today is reflective of the sensory overload from the rapid advancement and embracement of our technologies without regard to the psychological consequences. Tik tok and other such platforms take advantage of this psychological dependence. This is nothing new and known to the majority so no need to diverge, but I think fast online poker play provides just the exact stimulation/rush this type of psychological crutch craves. In poker, the increase of anxiety in such players rises to such an uncomfortable degree that even a few seconds is enough to cause such discomfort that they cannot control themselves and lash out. Zzzzzzzzzzz

Feel bad for them, but only as a passing thought.

Last edited:

77ecos

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
lower their chip stack and try to get into prizes, normally that happens near the prize bubble, it annoys me only when there is no reason to do that and it surprises me when short-stacked players don't use the time to try to get into prizes in bubble

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sometimes players are dragging their feet against their will, they just have a slow internet connection.

Risto234

Risto234

põrandaalune pokkerimängija
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
EE
Chips
Of course there will always be done idiots who do it on purpose to break others' balls , especially on some freerolls , this you cannot avoid . Better play many games at the same time , so an idiot on a table won't bother you at all
Funnily enough in the early stages of tonight's CC game chipleader did just that literally every single hand lol ... Idiot indeed?
And it wasn't the first time with these antics from that brazilian ...

Whompus

Whompus

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
We all have a clock. Its your clock. Use it any way you please. !

W

Was1969

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
DE
Chips
Yes, of course, they know this and they do it on purpose ))

J

jj6m

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
slow players are worse at hiding tells, ie when they have good hands

slevinzed

slevinzed

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
slow or fast it doesn't mean anything. I think that our reaction to any kind of strategy is the key to stay focused (y)

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If it's not against the rules then what's the problem?

Duxflux

Duxflux

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
You can't see your opponents and sometimes you don't know if they are even in their place. It can be quite annoying when they are also very selfish or ignorant players. But that also remains a part of the game when you play it online.

tihomir_kula

tihomir_kula

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BG
Chips
Sometimes I play slow, but it doesn`t depend on me.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
there is no point in wasting time at the table (both online and offline) the exception is the bubble, where many short-stacked players take time to get into the ITM, there are of course difficult hands and you can think longer there, but this mainly applies to offline, since in online game time is always clearly regulated