Play only one table. Normal or not?

D

daurensdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's okay, I always play one table, well, a maximum of 2, a lot of tables strain me, maybe in the future I will add tables

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I usually play at one table,but sometimes I load two or more.

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think one table is normal. Maybe stretch to 2 if tournaments overlap or I get invited to another game while I'm playing.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I used to Multi-Table but found it to be hard work juggling tables and quickly adapting to different strategies as the blinds go up, and inevitably the blinds would alter as you bust out on one table and start another in it's place, I found it was not as profitable because I would bust out more often than win, and it became more work than fun, and you know my favorite saying.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In the 21st century, playing poker at a single table is no longer relevant.

Either it's just a hobby, or it's just a waste of personal time, then it's better to go to a normal job.

You have to keep up with the time, nowadays you can play at least 4 tables.
Hello, Russian bro weralomos! I don't agree full...:rolleyes: If playing in anyone more or less serious tournament :joyman:, for example,
Sunday Million, or Event WCOOP,:cool: or etc., and win this tournament,:D or to be on the final table, or near..,
then such an one table will more, than good!..:deal: But this is only my private opinion. :rolleyes: Each your own! ;):)

evildoesit2003

evildoesit2003

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have played many tables at the same time, but I find playing one a better game for myself.

B

beatlebug

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do play two or more tables and have no issues doing so. I like to play and the chance that I can win more is better for me.

Beatlebug

M

mouTAT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Being in one table is kind of boring not so many actions going on

weralomos

weralomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, Russian bro weralomos! I don't agree full...:rolleyes: If playing in anyone more or less serious tournament :joyman:, for example,
Sunday Million, or Event WCOOP,:cool: or etc., and win this tournament,:D or to be on the final table, or near..,
then such an one table will more, than good!..:deal: But this is only my private opinion. :rolleyes: Each your own! ;):)

Hello, I can tell you that one table = negative mathematical expectation. (IMHO)
Poker is just a mathematical game.
With some initial data and a lot of unknown variables.
I don't even think there is anything to add here.:deal:

D

Damian Baez

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Answer

I think that the ideal is 2 tables and once we get used to that we can gradually add more tables

fang215874

fang215874

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
To begin with, you can also use one table. Then gradually add one at a time. On average, you will reach eight tables and normally.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, I can tell you that one table = negative mathematical expectation. (IMHO)
Poker is just a mathematical game.
With some initial data and a lot of unknown variables.
I don't even think there is anything to add here.:deal:
Well, Everyone will remain with their own opinion. :smile: That's all! ;):)

regata123

regata123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings to friends! He noticed a tendency: playing several tables, the game is more rude. Instead of various tricks - you just fir and that's all. Therefore, the quality of the game in my opinion is declining. Is it like that or not? Please tell me who's been at poker for a long time. Of course, in this case, due to such a rough game, 1-2 tables are eventually doubled or lost and they are more comfortable to play later. But the overall quality is falling greatly.
And if I play one table: then it turns out even in seemingly losing moments, somehow twist out. With one table, you kind of feel that the opponent wants to make the result intuitively better. True, if you lose, then emotional depression is greater. Since physically, you kind of already know them. Is it possible to continue to play always on table 1? Or at a distance is this a hundred percent mistake and loss? Thank you in advance! It is very important for me to understand now.
I think that plaing at one table is the best option in poker . I've only played on one table for 10 years now .

C

CTPA3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some of my friends open tables 6-8-12 at once. Or even more) But I think playing at several tables the attention starts to dissipate, it's not very useful for poker. I play a maximum of 3 tables, for me this is the best option.

L

Lochika

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to found the amount of tables that suits you! Obviously if you are a winning player more tables will generate more profits, but you also can't play a lot of tables because your attention to each game will decrease. Find the maximum amount of tables that you can play with out a deacrese of the level of your game. Pay attention that all the tables get the maximum amount of focus that they need to come up with the best decisions.
I usually playing between two and three table. That alows me from on side to have a lot of action and from the other side pay attention to the show downs on the table and picking up information on the other players.:)

F

Fushicho

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm a one table guy. Sometimes 2 if there's a freeroll, but I never pay to play at 2 table at once.

jsnake716

jsnake716

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Is playing 1 table normal or ?? Well, let's consider what is normal, are you playing poker for the fun and love of the game?? If yes, then playing 1 table is normal if that is how you enjoy the game.

IF you are playing poker to earn money, and you are beating the games at your stakes, it does not make sense to only play 1 table. If you have a positive winrate you should want to multiply that by tables until you can no longer play your best poker. Just because you can beat a game at 2 tables does NOT mean that you will be a winner at 24 tables. You get the idea, play up to the amount of tables you can handle. This is really in reference to cash games. Now Mtt's could be considered a little differently, many people start out a tournament session with many tables because they know that the chances are slim that they will run deep in all of them.

Wow, what a rambling answer, sorry. Normal is whatever a person chooses for themselves. If you want to play 1 table and you enjoy it, do it.

47Belarus

47Belarus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am prefer to one table . I can start play in several tables only in freerolls.

mina271

mina271

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
It is up to you to decide whether you want to play 1 table or 20 tables at the same if you can, the main thing is that the game of poker does not suffer from it. Whether you play better or worse at just one table or several, I can't say sometimes there are days when you just feel like you are just losing and then there are days again when you think you are invincible. If you have the feeling that your concentration is disturbed when you play more than 1 table then you should definitely stick to only one. And I believe that it is definitely for people who are new to poker that it is better for them to learn the game properly before they start multi-tabling

Syltan

Syltan

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Playing carefully at the same table is never a mistake! But it is necessary to develop and level up the multi-table skill if you want to make money.

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I almost always play on just one table. I play using iPad and when I played multiple tables, it would often jump on me just as I was about to click at one table. So then that click was on a different table and it would cost me. So now I only play one table unless it’s freerolls then I make sure I’m on the table that matters so if it misclicks I only lose freeroll. That said, I’ve been a positive bankroll player but yes it will take much longer to win (or lose) a lot.

I think the same way as you, I used to multi table, playing 4,5,or 6 tables at the same time, but in general I lost a lot more than I managed to make the money, so in effect I was losing more than I won.
It is very hard to juggle many tables at the same time especially when tables get down to 5 or 6 players as the action speeds up, and I have miss-clicked on tables, where I should have called, and called where I should have folded.
Sure you can buy bigger monitors, and lay the tables out so you can "Tile" the tables, you can buy extra computers so you can play on multiple sites, but then it becomes more of a job than a simple pastime that I enjoy playing, Poker should always be fun to play, and playing more than one table at a time becomes hard work, Not Fun!

When the fun Stops, STOP!

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that learning in poker are stages of evolution, like learning anything else, playing at multiple tables is part of that learning, evolution has to be measured and in my opinion, to increase the number of tables that must be played, keep in mind to achieve at least 40% of Itm to be worthwhile as training

D

denis_og79

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, it's normal, and it varies from person to person, each one has a control according to the number of tables they play