Play only one table. Normal or not?

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings to friends! He noticed a tendency: playing several tables, the game is more rude. Instead of various tricks - you just fir and that's all. Therefore, the quality of the game in my opinion is declining. Is it like that or not? Please tell me who's been at poker for a long time. Of course, in this case, due to such a rough game, 1-2 tables are eventually doubled or lost and they are more comfortable to play later. But the overall quality is falling greatly.
And if I play one table: then it turns out even in seemingly losing moments, somehow twist out. With one table, you kind of feel that the opponent wants to make the result intuitively better. True, if you lose, then emotional depression is greater. Since physically, you kind of already know them. Is it possible to continue to play always on table 1? Or at a distance is this a hundred percent mistake and loss? Thank you in advance! It is very important for me to understand now.

fruittree

fruittree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Did it for years, almost always make money. Don't have to play all night either

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I almost always play on just one table. I play using ipad and when I played multiple tables, it would often jump on me just as I was about to click at one table. So then that click was on a different table and it would cost me. So now I only play one table unless it’s freerolls then I make sure I’m on the table that matters so if it misclicks I only lose freeroll. That said, I’ve been a positive bankroll player but yes it will take much longer to win (or lose) a lot.

M

mtmigmike

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I tried to play at several tables at the same time, but I can't do it, I can't concentrate, probably not everyone can do it, you need to have Caesar's abilities to play at several tables at the same time.:)

N

ntf1125

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It´s normal. Because, it can concentrate to one table.

L

Lucky River

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
1 table is good, you can play very accurately and not make many mistakes.

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just play whatever amount of tables you want. People who play many tables they are exploitable for some extend. Not that i know how but they are, i have read somwhere.

StealTheButton

StealTheButton

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At the moment I can only play on my mobile- and can only realistically play two tables on it. My game has improved substantially since I have been doing this.

J

jeffman123

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You can definitely play just one table if you're trying to really focus on your game and learn. Usually though I like to play atleast 2-3 tables. I just find that even with 2-3 tables it's rare that I'll be in more than one hand at a time, since most of what you do at the poker table is fold preflop. I hope this answered your question!

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Greetings to friends! He noticed a tendency: playing several tables, the game is more rude. Instead of various tricks - you just fir and that's all. Therefore, the quality of the game in my opinion is declining. Is it like that or not? Please tell me who's been at poker for a long time. Of course, in this case, due to such a rough game, 1-2 tables are eventually doubled or lost and they are more comfortable to play later. But the overall quality is falling greatly.
And if I play one table: then it turns out even in seemingly losing moments, somehow twist out. With one table, you kind of feel that the opponent wants to make the result intuitively better. True, if you lose, then emotional depression is greater. Since physically, you kind of already know them. Is it possible to continue to play always on table 1? Or at a distance is this a hundred percent mistake and loss? Thank you in advance! It is very important for me to understand now.
If I play at several tables I lost my focus .

Kenzie 96

Kenzie 96

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Really depends on your overall goal, if gaining experience is important to you, add table at a time as you get comfortable. If you just want to enjoy the game & have a good time & then 1 table is fine.

Zapahlohotrona

Zapahlohotrona

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Under favorable conditions, in order to climb the limits, you will have to play 50-70 thousand hands on each (if you do not get carried away with cashouts and play well).
There are 80 changes per hour on one table. Accordingly, if you play 10 hours a day, you will have to spend 3 months on the limit.

Dimission

Dimission

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is best, at two tables I notice that the concentration is already less. I'm going to make mistakes more often and play more arogant. But with all those tournaments it's so much fun to play at multiple tables, so I often play at 2 or 3 tables anyway.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Great question and I will clarify with the science of the human brain.
We tend to adapt to the conditions in which we impose ourselves on the actions collected by the eyes.
So your brain is just adjusting to what you see.

Lots of tables and little time to dedicate to the signs.

Signs that you clearly notice when you're at a single table.

So with multiple tables your brain has little time to study left by players over time.

So there is little time to concentrate.

I also have the same impression when I play two or three tables.

And a friend of mine also has the same impression.

and of course it gets monotonous and sickening when you play one table.

But if you want a little action from time to time when correcting to play multiple tables try to play tournaments or cash games in Zoom format you will adapt and come back with your reading quality, good luck and I hope I have helped you

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank you very much for your answers and good wishes! I will play a maximum of two tables at the same time, it is still kind of possible to focus on them and not completely boring to play, and more than two tables to play it already needs a lot of experience and skills so that all actions are on automatism! But it already looks like a goal and I will strive for it! I wish you good luck and good luck at the tables!

Stasey

Stasey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's ok I think, a good opportunity to focus on the game and good chances to win the tournament

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I agree that it's easier to focus that way and I usually play on just one table. I have a 17 inch screen and a poor vision so it's not easy to play two or three.

eniseysmail

eniseysmail

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The maximum that I have enough to concentrate on is three gaming tables at the same time.

V

viacheslavtezikov

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you play poker just for fun, then it's okay to play onle one table. But if poker is a serious deal, then playing only one table you will lose a lot, this is a lower winrate per hour when playing in cash, or a smaller ROI if you play in tournaments.

wrzlbrnft

wrzlbrnft

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
I tried to play more tables, but as a recreational player this confuses me more than enjoying it. So I prefer playing only one table now (sometimes two with freerolls) and try to improve my game and have fun.
I am not good in Multitasking anyway, besides watching sports and drinking beer at the same time.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If you play poker just for fun, then it's okay to play onle one table. But if poker is a serious deal, then playing only one table you will lose a lot, this is a lower winrate per hour when playing in cash, or a smaller ROI if you play in tournaments.
I completely agree with you that playing one table is a low winrate, but I am only learning to play a lot of tables you need to work everything out to automatism otherwise what a point if you lose on all tables! Of course, I will strap to more tables, but so far for me the limit is one or a maximum of two tables! Thank you very much for your attention and good luck at the tables!

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I tried to play more tables, but as a recreational player this confuses me more than enjoying it. So I prefer playing only one table now (sometimes two with freerolls) and try to improve my game and have fun.
I am not good in Multitasking anyway, besides watching sports and drinking beer at the same time.
I also try to enjoy the game more, sometimes also under beer! But alcohol for the most part affects me negatively than positively, gives a lot of confidence where it is not needed)))) Thanks for the time and attention to this post, and good luck to you at the poker tables!

G

Gamer4455

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Most of the time I'm playing 2 games, at 2 different sites together. I set then side by side, and in one I seat myself at the bottom right hand seat, and in the other I seat myself in the bottom left hand seat. At all times I can see my cards, so I just have to click back and forth. I have tried 3 but it sure don't work. GL

Sergei 9417

Sergei 9417

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello
I am not a supporter of playing at two tables, but I recently registered for a mini-tournament for 45 players and while I was waiting for the required number of players to enter another, I had to play at two tables, in one tournament I took first place in the second second, but it was sheer luck, but in general I only play at one table