Play only one table. Normal or not?

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It is the difference between really playing and being able to actively concentrate on what other players are doing. Their betting patterns, folding patterns, etc....
Online you have to look for more clues being you can't see their body language.
The more years I have played, the less tables I ended up playing. I thought I was doing real well, but was not really having the time to evaluate my hands. Just a quick look and react because the other tables were also ready for me to act.

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have no experience, then add one table at a time and see how your profit changes. It is definitely not worth starting to play several tables if you have just learned the rules of poker or are playing in the negative.

Disadvantages of multi-tabling:

- minimum time to make a decision (decisions must be made quickly, because often your turn will already be on other tables.
- lack of time for calculating chances, calculating outs and other things (in order to keep up with all this, you need to train these things in advance to automatism)
- lack of information about your opponents (there are often situations where decisions are made incorrectly, statistics displayed on the table with the help of special programs will not tell you some things)
- You are becoming easier and easier to read (often playing at a large number of tables leads to the fact that your game becomes monotonous and easy to read. Again, in order to make some unexpected decisions, it is necessary to see firsthand the opponent's game before that.).

54m

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing one table it’s normal but little slow or boring when your not catching any hands.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I will multi table many nights but not always, I do find I play much better when just playing one at a time. I have played as many as 9 at a time. Only did that once and dont like it. I will play 4 at the most now but not to ofton.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I think that the game of poker at one table is better, the player has time to think about the best options

AugustWest

AugustWest

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Only time I multitable is freerolls, never cash games.

Need to pay attention more at cash it seems like..

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I must have multiple tables in play or its too boring for me

Igor Popadyk

Igor Popadyk

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my opinion one table is very boring, but if there is a VIP player and he brings money, then you can be patient!

P

pjokay

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I generally play about 3 tables, but yes the less tables you are playing the more time you have for difficult decisions. But in large MTT's I think there is more chance reaching a final table if playing more than one table.

V

varadi sityu

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lately i used to play at one table so you can go out the other game and block more without the other and take in the game

T

Tidu84

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think play normally is one table. If you have tool to play many tables, you must master 2 of them Poker and Tools. Doing something easier is easier :))

E

easy play

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's normal to play one table at a time. Only when you think that the game is too slow when playing one table, you can add more tables.

But it should not become a button pressing exercise when multi tabling.

B

bugiardops

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
For me it's the most normal. I only play one table at a time!

U

ursout

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
tem que ter muita paciencia

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's okay to play at the same table, most of the poker game I play at the same table if the games I prefer to play do not overlap.

German629

German629

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I noticed, when I play for an one table:smile:, the result gets often better:),
if I play more, than an one table...:joyman: Or me this only seem?..:rolleyes:

Chebchoub

Chebchoub

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
Hello

Greetings to friends! He noticed a tendency: playing several tables, the game is more rude. Instead of various tricks - you just fir and that's all. Therefore, the quality of the game in my opinion is declining. Is it like that or not? Please tell me who's been at poker for a long time. Of course, in this case, due to such a rough game, 1-2 tables are eventually doubled or lost and they are more comfortable to play later. But the overall quality is falling greatly.
And if I play one table: then it turns out even in seemingly losing moments, somehow twist out. With one table, you kind of feel that the opponent wants to make the result intuitively better. True, if you lose, then emotional depression is greater. Since physically, you kind of already know them. Is it possible to continue to play always on table 1? Or at a distance is this a hundred percent mistake and loss? Thank you in advance! It is very important for me to understand now.
If I play on the computer, it's OK to play at two or three tables, but if I play on mobile or an ipad, I prefer playing at just one table. Because it is not possible to display two tables or three on the screen at the same time to see the result or the way the players play, and this is an important thing for me.

scottychase

scottychase

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have been paying close attention to multi tabling and the quality of my game. What I've found out is I get more deep runs in tourneys when I only play one table at a time.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
It's normal to play one table at a time. Only when you think that the game is too slow when playing one table, you can add more tables.

But it should not become a button pressing exercise when multi tabling.
I always do, but when both tables get boring I run a few more tables, but I notice that all the actions get on the machine and I don't think I do, and this greatly affects the quality of the game! But I try to work on concentration and discipline, I hope that in half a year there will be noticeable progress!

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it doesn't seem to you, I also notice that my results improve when I play at the same table, but it just happens very often that playable cards are not handed over for a long time and it becomes very boring, and I open several more tables, but when I open them, I feel that the quality of the game is falling, but I still play!

weralomos

weralomos

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips

In the 21st century, playing poker at a single table is no longer relevant.

Either it's just a hobby, or it's just a waste of personal time, then it's better to go to a normal job.

You have to keep up with the time, nowadays you can play at least 4 tables.

romullostts

romullostts

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
BR
Chips
isso é muito relativo

I think it's good for someone who's just starting out and still doesn't have a very good ability to play multiple tables at once, one or two tables is good for someone just starting out in online poker.

lukovnikofff

lukovnikofff

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I have been paying close attention to multi tabling and the quality of my game. What I've found out is I get more deep runs in tourneys when I only play one table at a time.
I completely agree with you, I have the same situation! But I hope that someday I will be able to play many tables at the same time, without losing as a game! I try to work on the game every time and hope that in at least half a year I will be able to play at three tables at the same time and not lose it as a game! I also wish you to be able to play at several tables at the same time and not lose as a game, and only win and win! Good luck!

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It´s better choice to concentrate your hands on one table.

G

gonzalo1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually play a single table to be more focused, but every now and then I play multiple tables for a bit of variation