Many hours played affect your game?

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
How long should I play a poker session?

Good afternoon, sometimes when I have been playing cash for more than two or 3 hours I feel tired and I think I don't play at the same level. What do you think is the reasonable time to play poker online without losing quality of play?

Fenix7

Fenix7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think so. after several hours one gets tired and does not act in the same way, it is difficult to make the better decisions as to what to do in certain plays.

m_v_a

m_v_a

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"Knowledge and self-control are the key to winning"

Of course, the amount of time does not affect the knowledge and ability to be hardy.

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Tired and Cash at Stake?

Good afternoon, sometimes when I have been playing cash for more than two or 3 hours I feel tired and I think I don't play at the same level. What do you think is the reasonable time to play poker online without losing quality of play?
In a normal tourney, make it to the pay and then let her rip! Take it to the All-inners and have fun doing it; especially if you're tired and were being crowded by the big money-sonnies (it's not Fun when the Rabbit's got da-gun!). However, there is a big difference in a Cash game. Playing tired, frustrated, irritated or even just bored? Don't waste time chasing losses, gather what you have left and Scat! There will be other days and other games, but better circumstances for you. You are there to Win, not give your money away. And you can't make'em earn it if you are not playing attentively alert! GOD bless you all. Now, go get them!

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Time is not the factor, your state of mind, attentiveness and alertness are the factors that make a difference. When those Factors leave the table, so should you!

T

tamara822

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After a few hours of playing, I start to lose concentration. I believe that is the case with most players. That is normal. We are human and not machines and we get tired after a while. It is best to play poker when you are rested and relaxed. It doesn't matter what time of day it is.

M

Marcelobp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you have prepared to play for a long time, it will not affect you. But if you was starting in poker, will afect. More practice and studies will give to you more skills

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many hours affect concentration, correct decision making and therefore directly affects our game.

A

Alberto Martinez

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not Difficult Playing At Night!

I start to play before lunch and stop only playing at dinner time , but when I think I'm doing well I just turn the night playing poker. I realize that the night games seem to get harder . I wonder if this might be because I played a lot after hours or if it really is difficult to play in night. What do you think?
It matters not, what time of day or night you play that Affect your game. How Fresh are you? How much Rest did you get? How's your Attitude? Have you been Drinking alcoholic beverages? There are many Factors that many times we (as humans) Ignore. View these types of Factors and make you a Mental note and Check list and Apply and then see what results you get. Maybe better Results. GOD bless you.

Last edited:
Crash Burn

Crash Burn

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Everything has its limits, including playing poker. I particularly play a maximum of 10 hours a day.

G

gryllz_wins

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the day, I can go strong for about 10 hours, but if I do play 10+ for 3-4 days straight my concentration levels go way down, so I take 1 day off between big sessions.

costy1300

costy1300

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It definitely affects your game, you give all-in or you pay without studying the situation too much

doOomer

doOomer

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thats true for me i have to appreciate the chess factor of the game if i won t become numb from the hours,of play!
I win alot and loose it all back after a while i do it like that since 2005!

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play from 8.30 - 11, then a break till 13: 00 (lunch). Then 14-00 - 17,30, (dinner) and then again from 19 - 21,30. I try to sleep at night. )))

V

valts102

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think if you play like 8 hours mtt tournament and loose for example with aces vv kings , important tournament,you feel empty and tilted.So better after that kind of situation ,the best thing is stop playing that day.

Gonmar111

Gonmar111

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it affects, most of us are not patient, and believing that we have a good hand, we risk and lose, in my case I must manage patience and focus on long games.

Danximo

Danximo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just finished Friday’s freeroll, it’s really like a computer against me, not a single normal hand, all the garbage. And so thoughts creep in that online games a setup ...

Danximo

Danximo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Nevertheless, I will continue to try, it can’t be that I’m never lucky. Definitely should be lucky ...

xmuggpokerx

xmuggpokerx

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
too many hours straight can burn out your desire and motivation and cause you to play bad.

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all....4 to 5 hrs online is good for me...live poker varies...tourneys could go long...cash, set your time limit before....thanks darrell

P

Parkez73

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi all!
Where is the Friday freeroll? Pokerstar? or 888?
Thanks..

N

ntf1125

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think so.
Many hour playing make us tired so much.
It´s not healthy activity to play poker because of setting for long time like an office work.

C

celtics33

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
considering the average person uses about 8%-9% of his or her brain daily and our body needs to recharge with sleep about every 15-16 hours in order to function (btw an average cell phone lasts longer then a human!). it might be wise not to push the limits beyond this for optimal play/ health imho.

H

Heresthecooler

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Play for fun and not ego. This is something I am learning. I'd sit at a table and stay until I had everyone's money, or went brought. 9/10 I'd gone broke.

Play for smaller wages if you're tired and want to play. Penny tables can be fun because of overbets and huge bluffs to still a few cents.

Top 10 Games