Many hours played affect your game?

rodo 2285

rodo 2285

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think so, if I've been playing for a long time, it means I'm doing well in tournaments, that's always good

Aldorabe

Aldorabe

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
if you play long hours you would have to be mentally trained to not fall asleep and be attentive to all the action at the tables

S

Sebarios59

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many hours played and without obtaining results if they affect mainly patience and especially confidence, that is why after hours it is better to pause and refresh your head.

S

stil370

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I start to play before lunch and stop only playing at dinner time , but when I think I'm doing well I just turn the night playing poker. I realize that the night games seem to get harder . I wonder if this might be because I played a lot after hours or if it really is difficult to play in night. What do you think?

Great topic, I wast just thinking about volume vs quality.
I find that playing a couple of hours a day allows me to player at a much higher level then when I grind all day long.
BTW, I find playing in the daytime Monday-Fridayd is tougher because all the regs are there.

Pindiez

Pindiez

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yes sure! I think that many hours playing poker can affect your game, but you must play all the hands 100% concentrated 🙂

Sorry for my english 😬

S

scubed

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I start to play before lunch and stop only playing at dinner time , but when I think I'm doing well I just turn the night playing poker. I realize that the night games seem to get harder . I wonder if this might be because I played a lot after hours or if it really is difficult to play in night. What do you think?
I think that after about 6 hours online I start to be tired. In live game, I don't feel tired until like 10 hours.

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play mostly mtts. You get used to long hours and need to concentrate. More than the
hours ,the variance seems to have a greater effect. Having one premium hand after another lose some times is harder to shake off. It does not matter if it's 30 minutes into the session or 6 hours later.
session or 4-6 hours

Matt_Burns88

Matt_Burns88

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
Good afternoon, sometimes when I have been playing cash for more than two or 3 hours I feel tired and I think I don't play at the same level. What do you think is the reasonable time to play poker online without losing quality of play?

Good question. The isn't a specific answer as it all depends on the person, but there are some things you can do to try to improve your endurance.
1) Be properly rested. There is no point expecting to be able to sit down for an 8 hour cash session at 9am on a Saturday if you've been out until 4am clubbing. You wouldn't do that if you had work, so why would poker be any different?
2) Diet. Eating the right food is really important for maintaining focus. Also, make sure you drink plenty to stay hydrated, water is great; don't drink too much caffeine as eventually you will crash.
3) Exercise. Being in good shape helps reduce fatigue and keep concentration levels high. A short 20-30 minute workout in the morning will do you wonders.
4) Get your house in order. Sometimes when I play, I know there is other stuff that I need to get done. It could be the laundry, or vacuuming or building the shed that your wife has been asking you to do for months. I'm not saying that poker should be your lowest priority, but if you have a list of chores to do that is nagging at the back of your mind, you will not be able to focus 100% on your game.

I'm sure there are other things that people can suggest as well, but I think this is a good start.

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything depends on my mood. sometimes I can play for several hours, sometimes Ira quickly gets bored. especially freerolls.

KrazyKoo

KrazyKoo

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
I can't play more than like 5 days straight even 2 hours or I get so bored and will start to play bad

linf

linf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in continuation to my last comment. I am in Russia. sometimes pokerstars tournaments start at 11-12 o’clock in the evening and go until 2-3 o'clock in the night. sometimes longer. Of course it's hard to play at night. especially if you need to get to work in the morning, and the prizes are small. I interrupted the game several times with stupid all-in because I need to sleep

D

daniel888

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Never play more than 10 hours. I'm not sure but I heard the rumor is that top pro players can play more than 20 hours and it's still profitable.

T

Tolyanchemp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yesterday at the marathon i played a full house in Four of a kind. I found the strength to press call, instead of pushing)). I wouldn’t have played like that before)

nimburkx

nimburkx

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play around 10 hours after that I'm getting tired definitely I make every hour a 5-minute break for exercising physically not to get blood stack.

Freewka6101129

Freewka6101129

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
if you play for a long time, then you don’t need to do it right away, get used to the long game and it will become easier over time, after a long break I couldn’t even play for 5 hours, and over time I began to play longer

noLatenzy

noLatenzy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes yes and sometimes no.
It happens to me that I get tired after 3 tournaments, but sometimes I can play like 6 or 7 tournaments in a day.

M

M Hicks

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as you continue to learn I think it is okay. Short breaks seem to help me to re-focus and gain concentration....

F

FluDhs

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Starting a new game after many hours playing another may affect i guess. I might not be as pacient as i should on the beginning.

D

darkgonz

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PE
Chips
I think that the one that does not affect playing many hours, affects your mental state

L

lisdiked

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Your probably just playing too many hrs nightime and evenings games should be softer easier to beat.

L

lisdiked

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Good afternoon, sometimes when I have been playing cash for more than two or 3 hours I feel tired and I think I don't play at the same level. What do you think is the reasonable time to play poker online without losing quality of play?

Given yourself your own answer dude, it's gonna be indivual thing, if I'm playing tournament my game slacks big time at the midway point only really snap myself out of it late stages final table so I get what you mean cash kinda different but same but like you say can always just take break for few hrs or half hr or whatever tournament not so much just 5min every hour that you don't decide.

E

emisalvo

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After several hours of playing around, I play with a little less concentration than at the beginning, as if my mind was a little exhausted.

Top 10 Games