Many hours played affect your game?

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always seem to start losing after midnight, even if I had started a tournament hours earlier. This is because I start to feel tired and try to play bigger pots. I have to change this behavior if I want to start winning regularly.

alex_dorda

alex_dorda

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
HELLO!

I play 3-4 hours a day. it does not harm the concentration protects the inner world of my wife, and protects the family!))):D

F

fast_frog

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on everyone but usually yes, especially without plenty of breaks

zlajazlaja2

zlajazlaja2

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think playing poker for many hours has a big impact on the game ... of course the bad ones ... the tournaments I play are big, and if, hmm say, 4 hours pass, I feel a decrease in concentration and I see that I play worse, but the strongest ones survive and take first prizes :)

F

freestocks

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I take more risks when I've played too long. It is part of me doesn't want to play anymore.

T

Tolyanchemp

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
as one literate person said, you need to play 3,000 tournaments to play poker and get your well-deserved salary for it)

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Too many hours played affect my game I no longer have patience I'm not sure I'm bored.

C

Cezar23927

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Îs good to have breaks duri g your game, I always take break during sessions and do something else to clear my mind

Z

zamozam

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like playing long times. Then i get focused on the players. Eventual breaks and meals are good. Any distraction can make you lose everything so if need to do something else, like phone calls, sit out of the table and attend something else for a while one or two minutes.

S

sharkyrazvan

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
however good it may be a balance, from my point of view it takes a break of one day after each long and demanding tournament. success at the table

M

maxmaster10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it`s depend if i`m tired or not...but yes...a little

O

Oakleydc

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes, it can affect yes. Poker, in addition to other features, is also a game of the MIND, so if you are tired after several games, your income may be lower.

A

Alexkaria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends, first of all, on the player, what time is better to play. He himself must calculate his strength and level of fatigue. Personally, I like to play at night. Nobody distracts you from the game.

B

benkob

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Unfortunately yes. If I play 5 or 6 hours I have not too much concentration than in the beginning 🙂

MikeDTT

MikeDTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Some players dont affect some do, me affect and i lose every time i play more than normal

Popescu97

Popescu97

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Of course yes,many hours affect your mind and don t think very good the hand

XYZ2123

XYZ2123

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
The human attention span is 4-5 hours max. For some, it is hard to keep focus during long sessions, especially when multi-tabling. Others do it easily without issues. Others use drugs or stimulants to keep themselves focused. But everyone needs time off and rest at a certain point. Best to minimize distractions as much as possible.

Last edited:
Glaucopone

Glaucopone

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it can influence...

I think it can influence, especially if you have been losing throughout the day, this increases your insecurity and with each hand it is difficult to bet with confidence. On the contrary, it can also happen, if you have been winning during the day, confidence increases and the game flows better.

linaxmama

linaxmama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don’t know how it works for those who grind a lot, but when I’ve played many tournaments and many hours I usually stop because I’m very exhausted,
it doesn’t affect the game at the moment, but I don’t end up playing it the next day or something, it makes me tired for several reasons

izmoroc

izmoroc

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About 2-3 hours.
But after some pause (1-3 hours more) can do the new session:)))
Totally I have days about 8-9 hours total

M

moshie

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Long sessions are common for me. 6 hours+ I am always playing mtts and with fields
of at least 3000 players just to get to the bubble is often 2 hours +. I just get used to the long sessions because of what I usually play.

Nicolasd07

Nicolasd07

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Undoubtedly it affects a lot, I spent a few days ago I was playing 5 hours the same tournament was a few places from the final table and fatigue made me make silly mistakes, that being with a calm mind they would not have happened to me.

geitenkamper

geitenkamper

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes, it does.
After a while ill get pokertired and stop playing for weeks.

It does effect my style, i get tired when i make many hours playing poker.
Although i like to play MTTs with 10 minutes levels and like over 2.000 players.

When you hit the final table, you are always playing for a minimum of 6 hours...

F

freeisfun

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually after 8 hours I start to get tired.after 12 hours is when I feel it starts to affect my play and start to make mistakes.

J

jorgetorres0

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The ideal should be shorter sessions, where you are 100% concentrated, after many hours of play your game tends to decline. And I don't think it is important to play during the day or at night, what you should do is label your opponents and thus look for tables where you have more accessible opponents

Top 10 Games