Many hours played affect your game?

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi! One of the main mistakes in poker is playing tired. Poker requires concentration, a clear mind, and all this is blunted with every hour of play. We need breaks. There are players who sleep during the day and like to play at night. And they're good at it. But often at night the body feels the need to rest, so I think it is not so effective in performing mental activities. Especially if you've been playing all day before. For example, I generally do not think clearly at night or when I play for many hours in a row, I have all the thoughts that I want to sleep and I feel bad. As a result, I rush to make a decision in the game and make mistake after mistake.

H

hellomynameiswhat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think on a good day I could play about 6 hours. If I ever get into high stakes I am not looking forward to the long about 11 hour tournament days

BlackJesus

BlackJesus

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any time you have spent at the tables affect your play, one way or the other. But nights' play is another case. After certain time those fishy rich europeans do not play any more and you have to start to play with russians or asians or whatever is the case. Those tend to be harder.

A

angelamsmith05

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a hard time concentrating after 5 to 6 six hours.

A

anadrijav

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Many players think not but more than 3 hours of poker you start to think badly and want to bet everything always.

sequoia

sequoia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play only mtt so if my session lasts more than 4-5 hours it's means i'm doing very well. The closer to the final stage, the more i stay focused.

T

Tomiveres

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I used to grind 7-8 hours per day of 6 max cash game and i can tell you after my first 2 hours i was exhausted .
I think depends what you are playing , if you are playing a live game you can play more , but if you play cash game online multi table after few hours you are already tired .
I find now playing couple of hours and then making a half hour break beeing more profitable for me .

P

padman400

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It seems at the moment, the more I play the more I lose :(

Short sessions from now on I think

B

bozo77

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i think there is a psihical impact on your playing style after playing many hours day by day...i also start to feel it somtimes...

gallora

gallora

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't think the time of day matters. The main problem is session length. The longer I sit at the table, the more tired. But this is not physical fatigue, rather psychological.

Top 10 Games