Insults in the game, you respond or ignore ?

O

olesyafarion

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As far as I know, you can complain about players for insults by making a chat screen and sending it to the support room. I try not to react to such things, but sometimes of course it hurts and I want to respond somehow.

Emily Trott

Emily Trott

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I try not to react to such things, but sometimes of course it hurts and I want to respond somehow.
:) I know it is corny, but your best response is to keep playing your game and let that be your response. Trolls live for a reaction, be it a verbal response or by you becoming reckless with your play. If they don't get it they will soon tire of you and move on. :)

S

slais_pro

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If it's an important stage of a tournament, then I try not to watch and not be distracted by the chat.

K

kefapos

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Respond

Try to respond with your game. Winning a big pot is the worst nightmare. Personally it hurts me most when someone takes my chips than insult me

Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
I have a Picture of my favorite dog as my Avatar, and in one game I played this guy asked me what kind of dog she was, I told him she was an Samoyed and he said she looked like a puffy poodle which I took offence at and I just ignored him. He went on to say he owned a Pit-bull and his dog would tear my dogs throat out and I just replied oh Yes! and my dad's bigger than your Dad bring it on sunshine.
He was ultra aggressive at the table in his play and with the chat and every time it was my BB or I just limped he shoved all-in, and I was forced to fold, He kept pushing me and saying I was a chicken and so on and he hit lucky when a guy called with a decent hand he sucked-out with 8/10 off and made a straight.
So because I had Ignored him at the table, when a new player joined from another table he had a Picture of a Yorkshire Terrier as his Avatar he said "what kind of dog is that? It looks like a rat!" and started to have a go at him.
This new player asked "what's his problem?" and I replied "He owns a Pit-Bull" "Ah!" he said "that explains a lot".So now he was picking on both of us. I got tired of all his insults and when I was dealt Pocket Rockets I thought that's it I either go all-in with this guy or go out, So I just limped in for the BB and straight away He shoved all-in, I snap-called and doubled up through him and I said thank you for the chips and was dealt KK on the very next hand, He said to me try that again, so I limped, He shoved I called and took him out of the game.
The Yorkshire Terrier Guy said I'm glad you did that He was beginning to get on my nerve's, I told him you think that's bad I have had the idiot since the game started.
I finished on the final table in that game, so my advice is to Ignore them and play them with your best game wait for the monster hands and do the most damage when they least expect it.

When the fun Stops, STOP!

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I play with chat disabled, so I don't have this kind of problem. But for anyone who suffers some insult, I always advise to report it to help curb this type of behavior.

J

Jim_Saras

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's better to ignore them. If you feel that by saying something can force your insulting opponent to make mistakes and force a profitable outcome for you, then sure, go ahead and talk back!

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ignore them completely without any kind of response

CDancer_1983

CDancer_1983

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
defenetly IGNORE. there is enough stress in the game (sometimes) to pay attention to some rude player.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I ignore these people, because if you answer them, you get into a prolonged chat conflict and of course blocking the chat is the best solution.

AzdajaD

AzdajaD

Meat Pounder
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
RS
Chips
I laugh like an idiot...tell that person to take his/her meds, please + send kisses and hearts :D

Who care what other people say, it means nothing to me... :)

Goku55

Goku55

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Being civil is always the best route to go

When people insult you on your play you should just take it and show no reaction no matter what your opinion is. If they have something to say they will most likely start opening up there range and playing more questionable hands. Word play can also be fun at the same time if you know you can execute it without going overboard, especially if there getting a little out of hand that will tilt them.

Johnny78B

Johnny78B

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Insulting in whole internet is a big problem. People sitting behind the screen and start to insult other people because they know it stays unpunished and I know for sure they will never do that in live due to on each action there is a reaction. In my opinion insult in the game should be punished and this is the poker room administrators responsibilities. Personally I try to ignore but it really difficult to stay calm when opponent go to far in his insult.

antonis32123

antonis32123

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Report them , they do not deserve anything better , report them to CC mods , or the poker room , if they are so bad boys , we will see how true this is , when the punishment comes , I bet most of these keyboard warriors cry then lol

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
chats turned off everywhere, stupid, psycho usernames can't make upset so much anymore, as i see their stats, most of them huge loser....

T

TomWH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm one of the few that like to chat, and it just depends on my wood when some yahoo decides to vent. I either ignore it, but if in the mood, I'll patronize them. :}

I

iamKK

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely ignore this type of player, I think that there should be punishment for this type of player.

Poker is a game of getting an edge over a player. I insult my friends when I am playing home game with them to get them tilted and they know that too. I have no intension of hurting them except for getting them tilted and make them play their worse game. As long as they know that it shouldn’t be a problem.

C

capo1014

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Insults

Two words grow up. Too many uneducated or not raised well by their parents. Respect everyone and ask for nothing in return. It is free Capo1014

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I always have chat turned off. There is nothing that any other player can say that can benefit my game.

C

chalghaf

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ignore for sure and keep playing my game .
when someone gets on your nerve you cant focus on the actual game , and best way to not let that happen is to ignore it for me .

L

luki_jakdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely ignore this type of player, I think that there should be punishment for this type of player.
That is totaly right.... I think toxic players should be punished therefore too.
There is no reason to be toxic to other players...
I mean, sometimes there are moments where you would like to destroy something because of your anger but then please release your anger to yourself and not to others...

Yours Luki:icon_sant

Top 10 Games