Insults in the game, you respond or ignore ?

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just ignore it. If they go too far they will probably be disciplined someday. Just take pleasure in knowing that they are no good at the game.

venycyos

venycyos

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I should ignore it, but I can't always do it.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Insultsin the game, you respond or ignore

Hello.
When a site has gives the player the ability to "table talk" usually have a way to mute players, so they do not bother you. Check it out. Try not let ugliness throw your game.
Dan'O

PatValShark

PatValShark

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ignoring is a good way to diffuse the situation, but I find Sarcasm a more useful tool to attempt to alter the behaviour.
Also, in the event that its a bully, as is nearly always the rule, since a bully is usually a dummy, any challenge to his intelligence will tilt him and allow manipulation.

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I try ,as much as I can to ignore him , but if he is persistent in his verbal attacks ,I will reply ,in general by asking him if he is 10 years old anf his parents know he is here. Usually that works and he settles down

florestaftw

florestaftw

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I completely ignore this type of player, I think that there should be punishment for this type of player.

I do the same as you. I ignore the insults.

P86

P86

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think you should take advantage of that opponent state... To push him over the edge..

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The advantage of playing online is that you can deactivate the chat, so that you only focus on your game

T

tata777rus

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to ignore. Sometimes they write very offensively, especially when the opponent loses. But it's easier for me than for you, I don't know English, I use Google translator, so I'm calmer. And, advice to you: do not pay attention, there are many stupid people in the world. Take care of your nerves, you need them to play. You will start to get nervous, you will lose.

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
online...ignore and report
live...call the floor after the first insult...don't take crap from anyone.

remember...'needle' is not an insult.

M

ManiakKK

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i disable chat anyway.. Once i was chatting and accidently put my other password into the box as it stayed.

So since then I dont use any of the chat and I block people when I can :D :D :D

igroksash

igroksash

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I almost always ignore and do not try to answer, but there are exceptions, and mostly focused on the game. As a last resort, I turn off the chat.

MauroMMMM

MauroMMMM

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I try to ignore them. I have seen that there are many who insult. I don't understand that strategy. Please play and let play. I have even seen a member of CC, with several years in this forum from what I could see later, insulting people because of their nationality and putting everyone badly on the daily freeroll table. Regrettable.

thwenth1983

thwenth1983

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Villains and their lines

Good morning everyone, I have been playing poker since the end of 2018, I usually play on average 8 hours a day, until today I have not met a player who has passed the limes, I have been doing many times with donk, fish, idiot and others, I I think it is very funny, I do not use to caheteiar, the villains and their lines do not bother me what makes me angry is some absurd results, more part of poker.

4give4live

4give4live

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If some villain decides to pour out his grievances on nature on you, this should definitely be used. The more he is distracted by his meaningless remarks to you, the better for you ;)

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I really don't care if a player is being a d!ck and trying to instigate foul banter. Although, when they lose and berate other players for besting them I will, sometimes, mess w/them and put them on tilt to take them out or scam some chips. it's funny when that happens

offeron

offeron

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It makes me laugh if a player's emotions are running high, they have no place in poker.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on my mood and how many games I am in at the time. But if I do notice it I make a note of it and to what level - trash talker looking for info or trash talker looking to insult and be offensive.

The only thing I really try to change in my own behavior is taking some extra joy when I can take chips from the person. Otherwise, I try to keep to the math and recognize it as a mistake on my part if I get emotionally invested in whatever drama they are trying to incite.

orchidra

orchidra

Allan with two Owls
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
I usually ignore it. Best not feed the trolls. But if it's on a Cardschat game and is really disgusting, I will take a screenshot and report it to the mods.

FIERROS

FIERROS

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think it's funny to see someone lose and say bad things it makes me laugh.

Chief talking bull

Chief talking bull

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most of the time I have the stats of the game showing not the chat so I don't see what they are saying most of the time but sometimes if something juicy happens I'll flick over to see if anyone had something to say about it.

kraemer

kraemer

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Mostly i ignore it. If it gets extremly rude i report them.
And sometimes i reply to drive them even further into tilt mode...
They get mad and focus only on winning chips from me and make
very costly mistakes then...

TerryBLE

TerryBLE

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
4 tables at the same time here, I can't even see

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Absolutely ignore. No need to respond or anything. Just not worth my time. Lol

Z

Stay Safe

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Usually I don't even look at the chat while playing, but if I happen to look and an insult occurs, I totally ignore it and agree that there should be some punishment for insulting players.

Top 10 Games