Insults in the game, you respond or ignore ?

7jules

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I ignore it or use the sacred teaching:
"A gentle answer turns away wrath, but a harsh word stirs up anger."

I Agree, there is the third option of blessing some one who curses. Difficult, but do-able!
Sometimes!.....
there are ,however," some people, you just can't reach"!

RagNar87

RagNar87

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
I'd say to ignore , but if the guy make an insult that will clearly make u feel uncomfortable you will react , thats how you re mind defend .

J

jretired

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually politely and reply and if need turn off chat.Making a note player is an AngerBOT.

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I don't care, I completely ignore it.
People who insult, actually don't know how to play and try to catch you at the psychologist.
But with me it doesn't work.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

The last year of my game, I generally disable chat during tournaments.

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi There

I don´t even look to the chat
No use and a waste of time and concentration

Rgds

O

oroochimaru

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
People are always seeking for methods to make the lives of other players more difficult.
They are generally timid people who use the anonymity of the Internet to evade detection.
My recommendation is to ignore these kind of people's provocations and insults. Consider that by responding to them, you are lowering yourself to their level and entering the conversation, which is precisely what that person seeks.
Furthermore, you may face repercussions if you do the same. So Add them to your blacklist and ignore them completely.:flute:

Last edited:
S

stank12345

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I normally ignore it but if I think I can put someone on tilt and have them play badly I will try to throw them off there game with comments .fair play in my mind poker is war

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Ignore

I usually just ignore rude comments that are made after winnng a hand and loser at times makes some uncalled for remark. If it continues I like others just block thier chat.

Have seen some pretty crude comments made from it seems the same players which many should have their chat revoked from some uncalled for and beyond rude comments.

just my opinion :D

A

Ac3 Meister

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Listen up. A good poker player must practice good poker player etiquette.One should never trash talk to anyone.You should always remain humble, and be tolerant with who ever you ar playing. Superiority in this game, comes from the spirit and from patience, not from anger and poor decisions. So try and be a better poker player and be nice to yor opponent,

B

bioman420

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
ONE option is to ignore aggressive behavior, if the person was bad with you, there's no reason to be bad for that person, it's better to keep your posture and elegance being good, than to respond aggressively with aggression....

veltins

veltins

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
JP
Chips
Switch off the chat n you will not get upset at seeing bad languages. We play poker for fun, not to have war

L

LOKIE77

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Turn off the chat ignore it they are being petty. I don't like any of that silliness (tossing things donkey/fish/sheep icons) takes. away from the game,

YuriDitz

YuriDitz

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I always ignore such messages because these people write them out of jealousy and anger at my victory over them, which means they insult themselves, I think.

J

jason2626

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends sometimes ignore, sometimes react.

mavrulit

mavrulit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I completely ignore this type of player, I think that there should be punishment for this type of player.

I try to ignore such people! Responding to their insults is useless! You will only annoy yourself and him. It is better to remain silent, otherwise he will not lag behind.

WDStipa

WDStipa

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
HR
Chips
I used to be that type of player.

I still am sometimes, but it is getting better.

I disagree, as some of you said, that the goal of insult is to provoke others with the intention of affecting their game. There are different tactics on how to get under the skin of others, insults are not one of them. Insults are a consequence of poor play by a person who insults others. A good poker player knows how to stay calm in all situations, so, I see it as a weakness.

How I react to them? I usually ignore them. They come to me as an indication that the player is probably not good and has a lot to learn.

Z

zipocool

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
it makes no sense to respond to such messages, it only distracts from the game, you can also fall into tilt, and these are suboptimal decisions and loss of money, then of course you can file a complaint with support about such a player

Top 10 Games