Is AA less likely to win online?

Sariane

Sariane

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
already losing pair of AA to crack several times, straight. some days the deck is bad rs

girts87

girts87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in higher end tournoments, AA never feiled me ! almost never !

N

No Bologna

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No Bologna

Yes. To may players call with lesser hands online and with more players Aces are susceptible to being cracked by weaker hands. Been there done that, many times.

P

pokersextreme

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's less likely to win when you play it badly I'd say.

Wrathchild

Wrathchild

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA at the end of the day is just a pair, and against many hands it's barely favored to win. It should still make a up a significant number of your winning hands when dealt it, but given you play A LOT more hands online, you see them more often, and thus they get cracked about as often as they should.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As amateur players we tend to think that with AA we are invincible. And we have seen, especially at online tables, that AA does not guarantee anything. Many times you win with AA, but many times you also lose. Do you think that the chances of winning with AA in online poker decrease?

No, the odds of it winning are the same online vs live

The reasons it seems not to be so are the following though

Online - You see more hands than you do live, and so you will see big hands get cracked at a higher frequency than you would live.

Even if AA wins 80% of the time, that's 1 time out of 5 it loses. If you see the confrontation of AA all in preflop 50 times in a day you're going to see it lose 10 times on average!

Multitabling and the high speed of online poker is what allows this happen.

Live - More players tend to want to see the flop than online. For this reason, with more players seeing the flop on average AA will 'get cracked' more often live that it does online.

AA is an 80% fav against 1 opponent
it drops to a 60% fav against 2 opponents
it drops again to just 50% vs 3 opponents.

So if flops are going multiway a lot of the time AA is going to be losing almost half the time. The question is whether or not the players are going all in with it or if they have the discipline to fold this 'one pair' hand when the action gets big and heavy. :icon_joke

A

Allyte

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I remember reading a while ago, can't remember where but it said most money lost is with pocket Aces.
Nothing to do with statistics, just people betting big and not backing out

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think AA has the same odds online or in live poker.

Pomf123

Pomf123

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no feeling worse than to lose to AK with AA.

girts87

girts87

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there is many cards that can beat AA :D
and, yes.. there is some specifics in online poker, and many people willing to call knowing they are against AAs ,

chippawa1234

chippawa1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Honestly never seems like it does for me! Even if I slow play them or pre flop all in they stink lol

Maekz1999

Maekz1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Nah.. Same RNG as offline. Everyone who says anything else is thinking also that Corona is made by China to destroy the world economy. For real, sometimes Aces do not win ofc, but same RNG as offline :)

C

Cinhos_2000

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No

Such as in online as in live poker the deck has 52 cards. The probability of any card showing up is the same in both cases. What may lead people to think you get your aces beated more in online than live poker is because you play way more hands online than live. If you play more of course you will lose more, 20% from 100 hands is way more the 20% from 8 hands. What may lead people thinking that aswell is that since you get way more aces online (because you play way more hands), after many hands played, the number of times you win tends to get closer to that 80% chance of winning most aces have. That means that you will have lost closer to 20%. In live poker, since the sample is way smaller, because of variance, you may end up winning even 100% of the aces you played, but that's because your sample is not big enough to let those numbers even out.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you have AA be wary of action flops.

Artbart805

Artbart805

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA KK

AA,KK

I am very tired of losing to a 4 card straight or 4 Card flush....

:captain::captain::captain::captain::captain::captain::captain::captain::captain::captain:

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confirm AA is not invincible. I think we lose more often with AAs online because we play more hands.

It's human nature to remember the big losses and not so much the big wins.

AA is not Invincible nor is it more likely to lose on-line as it is in a live game. The truth is if you play it right you will win 80% of the time and lose 20% of the time.
Simple mathematics prove this to be true.

100% correct.

Sometimes It seem so, but when u play online multitabling u play more hands then u play at livetables. U get the aces maybe more often then and u can loose more often against flips f.ex. ;)

100% correct.

Not one person brought up real data. meaning not using hud/tracker. So you have no idea. I pulled data from a site. My aces are 44/58 for last year. Just over 75% winning. Year before was 59%. I got it up by pure aggregation . Aces are terrible trapping hands . Specially since i see more hands of premium cards than normally possible online.

Interesting point you bring up about your win percentage with Aces, but you also mentioned that you adjusted your play and your win rate is closer to the 80/20 range, so it sounds like you fixed a leak in your game, and now you are winning the appropriate amount of the time.

Trapping with Aces decreases your winning percentage because now you have to beat two or more people with that hand postflop. The math bares this argument out.

No, the odds of it winning are the same online vs live

The reasons it seems not to be so are the following though

Online - You see more hands than you do live, and so you will see big hands get cracked at a higher frequency than you would live.

Even if AA wins 80% of the time, that's 1 time out of 5 it loses. If you see the confrontation of AA all in preflop 50 times in a day you're going to see it lose 10 times on average!

Multitabling and the high speed of online poker is what allows this happen.

Live - More players tend to want to see the flop than online. For this reason, with more players seeing the flop on average AA will 'get cracked' more often live that it does online.

AA is an 80% fav against 1 opponent
it drops to a 60% fav against 2 opponents
it drops again to just 50% vs 3 opponents.

So if flops are going multiway a lot of the time AA is going to be losing almost half the time. The question is whether or not the players are going all in with it or if they have the discipline to fold this 'one pair' hand when the action gets big and heavy. :icon_joke

The math right here in a nutshell.

Honestly never seems like it does for me! Even if I slow play them or pre flop all in they stink lol

If you are playing your Aces just those two ways mostly, that's a huge leak in your game. Now, there are times where "setting a trap" can be VERY profitable. I had one exact situation in an MTT the other day. The person to my immediate left was an extremely wild player, they would either open shove pre, or open shove on the flop, just really wacky plays. THIS is one of those times where NOT being in position is better. So I limped UTG+2, and they shoved, and I called. I won the hand, and soon after, they were out of the tournament.

But, otherwise, trying to set a trap is opening yourself up to a decreased probability of winning a hand, and conversely, if you're open shoving your stack (let's say it's the early stages of an MTT), you're losing out on value there too. People will pick up on this pattern and will exploit you.

Luvepoker

Luvepoker

Lost in the twilight zone
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Looking at the stats I have from AA online they win pretty much what they should.

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The AA poker has the same statistic probability in online ether in live poker.

The big difference is that poker online has more hands to play and even thought that you have 80% chance to win the hand when you have a pocket Aces the brain used to remember everything that is bad and traumatic.

Maybe you are having this problem only noticing the losts because of this.

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not really. However it does seem to be harder to shake a player who has proven to be pretty sticky. The more people you are facing with AA the harder it’s going to be for you to win.

Z

Stay Safe

F

Freepokerfree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi all!

I should win the same amount of times, it is probabilities and statistics, for me it is a pleasure when I see that they gave me AA, a feeling of "now if we are going to win" even though 20% of the time they will lose.

Greetings and GL to everyone :ah4::ac4:

monkey23

monkey23

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
maybe...depending on the stakes.

"live"...there are no 1/2 tables...people play with all kinds if crap cards at these stakes.

your percerntage win rate with AA drops dramatically with each extra player in the pot.

AA vs 45std , 99, QJ std...4 player pot...48% win chance with the Aces.
AA vs 99.......2 player pot...80% win chance.

Geyomobama

Geyomobama

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All I can I say is this...because you play more hands you're more likely to see it loose than live

funnyhook3

funnyhook3

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The odds with AA do not diminish exactly, but there are times when someone gets two pair or 3ple, AA very good hand, but no need to go all in with this hand at once

L

Laynester

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA does lose. BUT....not as often as it does online. One time...online... at BOL, I was dealt AA two times in a row. How does that happen?