Is AA less likely to win online?

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, by no means, in my understanding what happens is that many more hands are played online in an hour than live, between the dealer mixing and dealing the cards and all the players betting, it is very different at the time that this takes us in an online game, where everything is much faster and more automatic, that is, I think that 4 or 5 hands are played online in relation to 1 or 2 if it is live, hence they are optically so to speak a difference,

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR][COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

zvezdadelije

zvezdadelije

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No. I understand that at times it feels like the world is against you when you don't win it, but remember, it doesn't have a 100% win rate always! In the long run, if your play was done correctly and your aces get cracked, that's fine, it's part of variance.

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
AA gives me a sense of confidence, but when I fail with them, it upsets me.

aslanvanacha

aslanvanacha

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA is a strong hand

AA is the most powerful starting hand in poker/(Texas Holdem)/
But you have to understand that it has only 80% for win/
It is very important to understand it/
So AA is most win than loose/

Good luck to everyone:)

Poker_Mike

Poker_Mike

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As amateur players we tend to think that with AA we are invincible. And we have seen, especially at online tables, that AA does not guarantee anything. Many times you win with AA, but many times you also lose. Do you think that the chances of winning with AA in online poker decrease?

Statistically no difference.

BUT - online players have a tendency to call more. Click Click Click - easy.

So - if you don't isolate successfully - by betting enough to isolate - then AA is more likely to lose.

That is my theory.

tauri103

tauri103

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I confirm AA is not invincible. I think we lose more often with AAs online because we play more hands.

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I confirm AA is not invincible. I think we lose more often with AAs online because we play more hands.

I would concur and there are typically more opponents at the table. Lot’s of times, getting together with buddies you may not always have full tables.

Juan Oro

Juan Oro

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is the strongest hand in poker you are a favorite from preflop with the highest odds of winning, but in postflop you already decrease your odds and the more players enter the pot the hand can get complicated playing online, if you have AA in the The first stages of the tournament where everyone has a good stack of chips and they are almost all the same is where it can be more complicated since everyone can pay your re-raises and have limpers with small and medium pairs is where you have to be more aggressive and re-raise strong and try to isolate so you don't play a multiway pot with your AAs.

Last edited:
Pokerpoet2

Pokerpoet2

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
AA is not Invincible nor is it more likely to lose on-line as it is in a live game. The truth is if you play it right you will win 80% of the time and lose 20% of the time.
Simple mathematics prove this to be true. The fact remains that if you are in a free-roll people are more likely to call an all-in shove with any 2 cards because it has cost nothing to play so you lose nothing.
But if you have had to pay £10, or £100, or even £10,000 buy-in to a tourney you are less likely to call an all-in shove with a 7/2 suited.
I am guilty of doing stupid things on-line, I have called an all-in bet in the very first hand simply because I was bored of all the all-in shove's and thought if that's the way they want to play, so be it if I am beat, so what, it has cost me nothing and BOOM! I hit the nuts with 7/2 suited.

That's Poker and That's human nature.

horscht22

horscht22

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
Sometimes It seem so, but when u play online multitabling u play more hands then u play at livetables. U get the aces maybe more often then and u can loose more often against flips f.ex. ;)

J

johnmaltz19

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA may be the best hand preflop. I've lost with AA a lot online, I know that it losses 20% of the time but it feels like a little bit of a coin flip that's what others think:confused:

pandaboy

pandaboy

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I expect one of the three/four times I'll lose with aces, so I don't get too upset when it happens. American Airlines, Welcome to aboard.

Maekz1999

Maekz1999

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
No. Same possibility as offline. Aces always the way to go. Sometime just unlucky if opponent hit straights or flush.

G

greenman

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not one person brought up real data. meaning not using hud/tracker. So you have no idea. I pulled data from a site. My aces are 44/58 for last year. Just over 75% winning. Year before was 59%. I got it up by pure aggregation . Aces are terrible trapping hands . Specially since i see more hands of premium cards than normally possible online . Thats another thread.

Try this ,first get 80 dollar tracker . So you don't sound silly.Data doesn't lie . Play your aces super aggressive . Not all in because no decision left for him after flop . i like 10 bb raise minimum or shortest stack because they will gamble first. No one folds on 3 bb so unless you have position you raise, raise. Better to get small pots then lose big pot.

One guy suggested two pair is winning hand in poker. Normally true. My data shows its my biggest loser money wise . Winning at 55%. If i hit two pair on flop it wins 13% of the time. Info from two different sites, sorry.

I cant stress the importance of collecting data. advantage normally unavailable to live play. To each there own. Good luck

Vampduk

Vampduk

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is not Invincible nor is it more likely to lose on-line as it is in a live game. The truth is if you play it right you will win 80% of the time and lose 20% of the time.
Simple mathematics prove this to be true. The fact remains that if you are in a free-roll people are more likely to call an all-in shove with any 2 cards because it has cost nothing to play so you lose nothing.
But if you have had to pay £10, or £100, or even £10,000 buy-in to a tourney you are less likely to call an all-in shove with a 7/2 suited.
I am guilty of doing stupid things on-line, I have called an all-in bet in the very first hand simply because I was bored of all the all-in shove's and thought if that's the way they want to play, so be it if I am beat, so what, it has cost me nothing and BOOM! I hit the nuts with 7/2 suited.

That's Poker and That's human nature.

I do love it when you call all in just because you are bored of an idiot raising all in every hand pre flop, and it goes in your favour. Not so keen on when you reveal they have trash, but then get a winning set on the river.

DTaboada

DTaboada

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I believe that most players plays wrong when AA hands. Most of then often plays all in pre flop and the opponent has no chance to fold atfer pre flop and then every thing can happens. because two pairs often happens also....
Simple like that.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Not one person brought up real data. meaning not using hud/tracker. So you have no idea. I pulled data from a site. My aces are 44/58 for last year. Just over 75% winning. Year before was 59%. I got it up by pure aggregation . Aces are terrible trapping hands . Specially since i see more hands of premium cards than normally possible online.

Greenman, I agree with you. Poker is deep in data, stats and math. Having been in the role I was in for 32 years, I have found that I can not rely on anything without it. It really helps to know how many hands played and won for each pair of suited/non-suited cards I played. If you throw a lookup list into an excel table and setup a search on whatever hand you question, that is knowledge power. If one is good at excel or some other app and do that, they may be able to bypass other costs which are not cheap. One then can setup a blank template with columned information for player and whatever stats they would like to keep such as player name, number times bet, number times won, folds under pressure, cards played, etc., etc.

So hats off to ya'! data for knowledge is a very important element of Poker. Good luck with your games.
Dan'O

J

jretired

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA Looses a lot of money....bruises your ego when they're crushed..LOL

derek jones

derek jones

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is basicly a coinflip,. Had alot of good take downs, but at the sametime so many bad beats.

Jim Rivas

Jim Rivas

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As amateur players we tend to think that with AA we are invincible. And we have seen, especially at online tables, that AA does not guarantee anything. Many times you win with AA, but many times you also lose. Do you think that the chances of winning with AA in online poker decrease?
It seems that yes, the last five AA and KK that I have had playing online tournaments have not won, neither open raising nor going all-in at once.:eek:

pljosko

pljosko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think the chances of winning with AA in online poker are diminishing?
I think the hands we lost holding pocket aces happen occasionally, and we can’t ignore that.
Don't increase the points, before the referee's last whistle!

C

capujoss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If the hand goes past the turn, you are probably in trouble with AA in your hand.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA is about a 75-90% to win versus one player if hand goes to the river. Against 3 other players AA will win maybe around 60-65% if the hand goes to the river.

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

It all depends on how many players participate in the pot. Usually a pair of aces has very little chance if there are more than three players in the pot. With every street aces lose their power, unless of course they have already caught the nuts on the flop.

S

souza155

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I don't think the chance of winning with AA in online poker decreases. Pre-flop AA is the best hand, it is clear that the player will not always win with AA, but will win most of the time.