perrywh

perrywh

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
It is more likely to lose with AA online! Reason being in freeroll tournaments and micro cash games the players will call with any two cards and the more the callers the less chance AA has to win!

Players that play live are not going to call an all in with the bad starting hands!

tagece

tagece

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I think that in online poker you will lose more with AA in micro stakes because there are a lot of crazy players that can call a big raise with almost anything. So it's common play with AA against more than one villain. This decrease your odds for sure.

carlosnuno

carlosnuno

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The best Texas Holdém hand needs aggression, but be prepared to fold it if they beat you.

D

Dhendrixon

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
As amateur players we tend to think that with AA we are invincible. And we have seen, especially at online tables, that AA does not guarantee anything. Many times you win with AA, but many times you also lose. Do you think that the chances of winning with AA in online poker decrease?

They are a favorite to win, however if playing on a wet board and you are OOP, then I normally check and fold to a bet if multiple opponents...as the saying goes you may win a little or lose a lot. These types of boards will make you lose a lot, as so many other people connect with a wet board. I prefer to have A's in late position or in the blinds as it gives opportunity to 3/4 bet to thin the field to 1 opponent or take the pot right there.

M

Mariadelaluz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes. But, solo 80% of win.

P

ph_il

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
online poker is very different from real life poker . online the cards dont fall correctly (and no nobody can change my mind on this) like in real life poker . in real life your aces will hold most of the time against 1-2 opponents . online I cant count how often my AA KK QQ have been cracked (and no it is not because of "muh more hands played online ) . while we talk about it ....today I was busted from a tournament with AA against AKo (all in preflop)
well, it exactly is because more hands are played online.

try this at home. deal yourself aa and give your opponent any hand. lets say k7s. shuffle the deck and deal out the flop, turn, river. record who wins. now do this 100x, then 1000x, then 10,000x.

how many times did your aces get cracked? is it a lot more times when you tried this scenario 10k times than when you tried it 100 times?

hmmmm...i wonder why that is.

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
well, it exactly is because more hands are played online.

try this at home. deal yourself aa and give your opponent any hand. lets say k7s. shuffle the deck and deal out the flop, turn, river. record who wins. now do this 100x, then 1000x, then 10,000x.

how many times did your aces get cracked? is it a lot more times when you tried this scenario 10k times than when you tried it 100 times?

hmmmm...i wonder why that is.

the "more hands online" argument doesnt make sense

I have played a lot of hands in real life and the cards in online poker dont fall the way they do as in real life poker

you can play 100000 hands in real life and you will still see the difference to online poker

I am 1000000% sure that online the cards dont fall realistically and that either the rng is bad and can not replace a real life deck OR it is rigged for action . I have played online poker for 10 years now . I also always tried to argue that it is not rigged and was coping the whole time ....also with the "more hands online " , "I just need to improve my game" etc. etc. . but no ....it is how it is ...it is rigged

and the lulziest thing is that the sites are often rigged in their own specific way ...meaning that the way the cards fall on Site_A is different to how they fall on Site_B etc. . lol :D

you are free to think otherwise of course .

M

Maggio_A

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont play live games, but I heard a lot of stories from players about lost AA and they were playing only live poker, so I guess that it happen with the same probability

M

Mahdi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I saw today around 10 AA`s and all of them lost, but it means nothing, just such sample
In reality you see more games online than from live, so you remember more loses with AA and start to think that it happens more often, which isn`t really truth

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On line you probably have less chance of winning with AA because there are so many players that they would have no shot a winning with under normal conditions. They just play like somebody playing the VLT machines ………. shove yojur money in and let her go for broke and hope that you win.

EmiTou

EmiTou

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, they do not decrease, I think that when playing you have to reduce the number of players who enter to see the flop, the more players enter to see the hand, the more chances of losing you will have

sequoia

sequoia

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think same chances, the reason for the frequent losses is that online players are often more aggressive and open trash hands.

deeznutzz

deeznutzz

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As long as you're playing on a reputable site the cards should play out the same online as they do live. I think what happens though is players online have a tendency to overplay pocket aces much more than they do live.

R

Roger1960

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I feel as a whole, I am "luckier" when playing in person. It is like others have mentioned easier to remember the times you lost with AA. When push comes to shove, I will take them. lol

J

Jueheigl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lose almost every hand with aces

Swat1197

Swat1197

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hand are faster and you play more that's why you can lose more. Also in online there is no emotion seen

Rob Hobson

Rob Hobson

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
As once Sklansky said: “I mean, I’ve been playing for quite awhile, and when I write a book, I do a good amount of research, lots of statistical analysis, all that stuff. I was pretty darn sure AA was a good hand, the best hand in fact… but after hearing MRTILTY’s comments … I just want to say I’m sorry for misleading everyone. I just … I didn’t know.”

19aleks57

19aleks57

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
When AA comes to me, my mood rises, I won more with them than I lost.

N

ntf1125

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is the strongest pair. Therefore, it´s the most valuable on pre-flop.

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is better vs 1 or 2 players. Against 7 or 8 players it's probably around a 20-25% favorite.

I think this is the reason AA has such a bad perception online. You click one button to shove your stack, as opposed to live poker where you have to count it out and manually declare "all in." So when you shove with AA, it doesn't feel as great online because people don't feel the magnitude of the moment.

When multiple players are shoving their stacks online, AA gets less likely to win. You still have to ship it (because you have better odds than anyone else in the pot), but they're not invincible. I think AA loses 20% the time at least. It just feels worse because you think you *should* be winning those flips. Bless the variance. :)

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I would say no., AA has the same odds in both scenarios.

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA has an 86% chance of winning heads up. No matter what position I am in I will bet at least 3 1/2X the big blinds preflop. I will bet at least 2 1/2X a preflop raise from a player in an earlier position. I want to be able to isolate the hand down a single player to give yourself the best chance to win. I also want to be able to give myself a chance to be able to bail out whenever I feel that I have been beaten.

Slow playing aces can be a huge mistake sometimes. I will only do it if there is the occasional fish that plays pretty much every hand.

It may feel like AA gets beaten more online, but you are playing more hands in an hour than you are in a live game. The mathematics are still always going to be the same.

O

olivercito3

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you have big chance to win with AA , if you are not me :D i lost every hand when i got AA :(