Is AA less likely to win online?

SPANKYSN

SPANKYSN

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
AA will lose more often online than live if the stakes are micro or freeroll due to players going all in with nothing...then get lucky. If you play live, the stakes are usually at least $1-2, therefore, players are less likely to become "Chasers".

andreypuch

andreypuch

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A pair is not the strongest combination in poker (even if it is a pair of AA), the older pair is. But it's a couple. So don't think that your two aces can't be beaten. The more players who join us in the hand, the lower our chances of winning will be.

sarjdgo

sarjdgo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
No, its no reason to be less likely to win online, maybe is just harder to win on line in general.
More players can call with another good hands and low your AA equity.

telespf

telespf

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
control

How all hands, you need to have care. But, of corse when you receive the AA this is a good rewards, you need to put value in the pot. If you don´t put money in the hand, you have several risck of the tornament.

All time is better you win litte chips of that lose litte chips. If you put value in the hand and any player gave call. So you win the BB and SB.

As amateur players we tend to think that with AA we are invincible. And we have seen, especially at online tables, that AA does not guarantee anything. Many times you win with AA, but many times you also lose. Do you think that the chances of winning with AA in online poker decrease?

VVi10

VVi10

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
No way. What happens is that online we play more hands and more often, and consequently we will lose more often too, but always in the long run pair of aa will definitely bring profit.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I like to see the flop. If the flop is not "wet", the villain will 80%+ of the time lose.

C

czibak75

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm pretty sure that over time AA will prevail however has anyone noticed on PokerStars the frequency of an A on the board compared to other cards? In a recent MTT I kept track and there appeared an A 32% of the time pout of 85 hands of which there was a board for 58 hands displaying at least one A 19 times...I have logged similar results previously and am convinced that PS RNG has a preference built in for Aces.:):):)

Hi! :) The position matters a lot if we have AA in our hands because if 4 people went all in front of us then in the early stages of the competition it is the worst possible decision because in the end one of the 4 people will have at least 2 pairs to beat us: D: /

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
The percentage drops a lot, because it seems like people aren't afraid to go all-in with any card.
I think most people rely on luck.
Yesterday I had AA and lost to 2 pair Qe3, and who calls all in if sticking disconnected Qe3???
This made me very angry, but I think it was to be expected from online, right.

From today I'm going to play very different holding AA lol

V

vinest

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had hands on the table where I had to fold AA, it was very hard.

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. Although it is my most wins, there are times I am very careful. If I see a number of folks tossing in at the same time, something's going on.

PatriceM915

PatriceM915

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The probability of an AA winning is great but sometimes we can lose but the odds are still great online too. good luck with AA

T

thiagotup197

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it's no less likely because it's the biggest card in the game