What kind of errors do you consistently make?

david1bear

david1bear

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have a horrible habit of calling suited cards that could potentially end up being straight flushes:0) no matter how small of a straight they could be ill almost go all in at times:0) There my kryptonite man:0)

finaltable1

finaltable1

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:)
sometimes make the same mistakes continuously is very harmful! what kind of error, you have persisted?

Slowplaying a great hand in online poker is a my problem.
I've played too much live and slowplaying 2pairs or a set is always profitable, appear weak with such good hand and win a bigger pot.
In the mean time online poker at all of the sites that I'm playing is not rewarding such slowplay. Hitting a set and check/calling opponents bets always leads to a disaster, The agressor is always rewarded in online games. Limp AA, call preflop all-in against AK and guy who shoved with AK hits a set or straight or flush... Hit a set on the flop, play check\call and see that turn and river are those 2 necessary cards for opponent to make a flush. Couple of days ago limped AA again, some brasilian player went all-in with A9os and hit quads. People say that it's not rigged... I believe them. But there is some strange difference between my 10 year online vs 8 year live poker experiences.
I think that in online poker you can slowplay only unbeatable and unreadable nuts, like calling a huge preflop raise with 8-3os, hit 3 3 3 flop and let your opponent bet with his AA. Hitting 8 10 K flop and betting 20-30% of the pot or checking with AK or AA is not a EV+ decision.

Ohh and I've started to slowplay good hands because of the popular GTO system... GTO means big aggression with weak hands and low agression with good hands, that's why I'm GTOing GTO players and show no agression at all with any hand. The bad part of this story is the river card, which way too often rewards the agressor.

odo333

odo333

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think that I check before the flop too often with my hands that have a small chance of catching a set

K

kelvin22

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can't seem to get the right/approx. read on opponents calling my premium hands. Every time i get pocket pairs (TT+) i've started raising big with them pre-flop, and there is always at least one call. If i get more than 2 calls... i'm in serious doubt, most likely to fold to any raise. It's not a matter of odds or equities, since i know them well enough, but 90% of the times, one of the callers, start betting the flop with Ax (NO A on flop), and i simply call, and almost always, they either hit the A, or they go allin on the river, making me fold. It drives me insane sometimes, mostly when some of them gloat in your face by showing you their cards.

Ranish625

Ranish625

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My mistake is that I often take risks, not hoarfrost on the serious grounds.

M

Manifestor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my most frequent and terrible mistake is that I hope for good luck and not play by the nuts

D

dazeboy79

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
overcalling, overplaying big pairs, not raising proper sizes at proper times, etc, etc..

J

jbear54321

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I pay better attention if I haven't played in a few days. If I've played a few days in a row I easily get distracted.

WhiskeyFix

WhiskeyFix

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Trying to see the flop with Ace 3/4/5, getting the lower pair on flop and opponents hit sets :)

ghOst

ghOst

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
taking pot betters too lightly. They aggressively bet the pot in a lot of hands and I give them too much credit. I need to bluff more against c betters.

Misaki

Misaki

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I do not focus at all on cc tourneys when I play them because they are for free:p

masik6

masik6

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The biggest mistake I make is walking into a game in a bad mood.

Ropa

Ropa

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I used to play alot of low pairs and pay high raises and even tried to be aggressive/bluff when had chance to gutshot. But lately i feel like its not worth losing your chips when you don't hit anything on the flop. Just give up.

frost234

frost234

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Call all in with KK preflop. I often lose :confused:

Cherepashkakry

Cherepashkakry

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Constantly overrate hands and play too big banks.

Becky Eubanks

Becky Eubanks

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not being able to tell when I am being bluffed :(

FerC182

FerC182

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my mistake online is that I can not keep my bank healthy, whenever I can raise my bank I end up getting involved in games with bigger limits and thus resetting the bank, this has been done several times, my game has improved a lot but the bank continues at zero

Krypton173

Krypton173

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Not respecting bankroll management. :(
Hence i regularly put myself in spots where i'm straight up miserable, i cant really say why i do it, maybe i enjoy the drama or i did it so much that it became a habit. :(

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
today i talked about making mistakes and keep committing with the possibility of correcting them ... i remembered this old post, i came to visit it and remember some ideas

Polytarp

Polytarp

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Yep...we can all empathize with some of the gripes here since they're timeless. Overall, the slow-playing pays the biggest dividends...but in which games? Sometimes you're on the stinky end of the stick (which is to be expected) but it's a +ve EV activity...after about a 1000 or so games:D

T

tigervball

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Biggest mistake in poker. No patience! You must wait for your time.