What kind of errors do you consistently make?

K

katsbrasil

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
katsbrasil

loses when I have a small ladder always forgive me and also my inpatience

saha2000

saha2000

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My most common mistake I make is probably bluffing in a situation where I shouldn't bluff. There are situations like this: I mistake my opponent's hand, bluff and lose the hand.

jybhoy

jybhoy

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Common mistakes i make......

Its just last few months i have been playing ,well trying to play around 50 to 150 hands a day !!!!! I can hear the groans but also I have a problem with patience. I have severe PTSD so currently playing a few hands with a view to being a few thousand sooner ,rather than later when i learn more.

My biggest common mistake is obvious. I am a relative beginner just recently playing some hands and freerolls, 9 ring ,Zoom, Sit n Goes but i am not learning. Therefore I've just been looking at the study section.

I love the game and love watching Twitch and Pros multi tabling tournaments but overall i need a lot of time to Study ,study,study.

Aside from a brief intro this is my first post so presently not going to be in a position to contribute much to strategy or hand analysis etc.. but gimme time.

Good Luck Grinders. thanks for reading if you did.....

Jybhoy

I

imhereforfreerolls

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing over-aggressive sometimes, ends up in absolutes - either big win or big lose

V

vaseatca2

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My bigest error is that i want to play very agressive and many time s i may lose money on uselles blufs

H

Hsac

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Common Mistakes?

Well, let's see, I think my biggest mistake is my aggression. As everyone knows, there are times we must become aggressive. Actually, I'm pretty good at it, except for when it comes time to quit the hyper aggression or at least slow down. I sometimes remain aggressive often to my detriment. When I find myself asking "Why did you do that when you were no longer in danger of blinding out?" Well, when I ask myself that question then I know I did it again.

My second biggest mistake would be not always having the discipline to follow my charts. I've made up a set of my own charts of odds for each hand based on the number of players left on the table along with a complete set of rules to follow. Not often, but occasionally I'll deviate from the charts and call an all-in with a hand my chart says I shouldn't be calling with when I intuitively think the player is bluffing, again, often to my detriment. That's a slap yourself on the side of the head kind of mistake.

May the poker gods favor your journey

nghoffman

nghoffman

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing too many hands, which then forces me to have to bluff more often than I should.. Multi-tabling helps me to play less hands overall because I am not getting bored just looking at one game...

KeyJey

KeyJey

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often bluff when not necessary. I’m not doing aggression correctly. I often call with a weak hand

J

jamesbeards

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling that raise hoping i hit my card on the flop then on the turn and on the river most of the time i never get the hand i hoped for hard not to get sucked in.

T

Transitley

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good topic:

My biggest mistakes are:

- Doing loads of studying and practise but when it comes to game time forgetting to implement the strategy/follow MY rules. Its such a massive waste of time, all that hard work then bottle it due to lack of confidence or acting too quickly.

- I'm not great at all, but play low stakes SnG and I often overate my opponents so believe they are thinking at a level above me when in reality most are definitely not - again, this effects my confidence.

The mistake I have corrected best recently is bet sizing and respecting opponents strong play post flop at the microstakes level: someone described it best as 'for the few times they are bluffing it doesn't pay for a fraction of the time they aren't' eg people at this level don't bluff enough!!! and when they do, you can tell often.

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I am deeply revolted when I go back to making old mistakes that I had already overcome, I believe that the biggest fascination in poker is precisely that we induce a certain type of error when we settle down and start to think that we know a lot about poker

Lenka65

Lenka65

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
poker

I can't get rid of the temptation to always check the flop with king and queen suited. Most of the time I miss the flop, but I can never fold that hand.

W

WeiserAdler13

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call a reraise because I am sure that either he is bluffing or I will hit something.. short=I am an idiot☺️

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
People generally bluff early. By the time the hand reaches the river your opponent will be holding a strong hand.

V

VBB112

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often forget to look at the HUD for player specific stats before I make a big decision.

GeckoAA

GeckoAA

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not aggressive enough when I'm in position. I need to steal a lot more blinds and not let my stack dwindle waiting for that premium hand.

The above also sums up my worst, but I have many. Still so much to learn.

SillentHunterZ

SillentHunterZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
calling or betting when i wait for flush....

RimworldDoctor

RimworldDoctor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I often bluff when not necessary. I’m not doing aggression correctly. I often call with a weak hand

This hits right at home. Whenever you watch the pros, it seems like they bet low percentages of the pot to build value. However, when you consider pot equity, you're better off betting the pot on the flop to get people off of draws.

Another mistake I make is probably not adjusting bet proportions on the turn and river. After the turn, their odds of hitting the draws goes down by half, so I probably only need to bet 60% of the pot to get them off the hand. :confused:

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Playing too many hands, which then forces me to have to bluff more often than I should.. Multi-tabling helps me to play less hands overall because I am not getting bored just looking at one game...
this is a good tactic, I also realized that too, a tip if you are playing on just one table put a binaural music that calms down help

A

aixacarl

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Impatience and spoiledness are my worst mistakes. If I lose a good hand in the most absurd way, my defeat begins

Normino

Normino

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
for me its not being aggressive enough when i get a quick double up and not bullying the smaller chips stacks..