What kind of errors do you consistently make?

Ovuvuevuevue

Ovuvuevuevue

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two things I find myself doing are not knowing when to stop bluffing and not knowing how to use my lead in tournaments. The first, I try to get out of a bad spot by continuously betting with nothing and getting called on every street. I end up losing a bunch of money and so I need to identify when my opponent has a better hand and stop bluffing. The second, I usually find myself very ahead in a tournament but during the middle and late stages I start acting sloppy and I don't take advantage of my lead.

M

Mc_Terp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:)

sometimes make the same mistakes continuously is very harmful! what kind of error, you have persisted?

I think that late in tourneys I have a hard time getting away from strong starting hands post flop when there is so much value in the pot and I play over aggressive. The more I play the less I do it but its still and issues that I haven't completely gotten rid of.

M

Mc_Terp

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Two things I find myself doing are not knowing when to stop bluffing and not knowing how to use my lead in tournaments. The first, I try to get out of a bad spot by continuously betting with nothing and getting called on every street. I end up losing a bunch of money and so I need to identify when my opponent has a better hand and stop bluffing. The second, I usually find myself very ahead in a tournament but during the middle and late stages I start acting sloppy and I don't take advantage of my lead.

Dang this is a better description of what I was trying to explain. I do this as well! I think one of the biggest factors to help prevent this is not acting too quickly. I find myself doing this the worst when I act super fast every street and usually am out of position. This seems like a common problem so Im sure there has to be a good answer and solution out there!

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
errors

my promblem is that many times i call...even if i have the feelling that i am gona loose...
becouse i am very curious about the other player s hand.
this is a huge mistake ...whitch i am working on it.:turtle::turtle::turtle: ...slowlyyyyy.

S

sheltowee420

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
When I`m in the small blind position, everyone has folded, I have Ace/Ten, so I try to steal the big blind by going all in, the big blind always turns over Ace/Queen, and I am out.

rikisrakis

rikisrakis

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Not knowing when to stop c-betting heads up with something like AK on a relatively dry board. As long as they don't take control of the aggression I have a hard time believing that they have anything, and I almost never end up taking down those pots past the flop.

This Fish Chums

This Fish Chums

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest mistake that I keep making over and over again is playing higher than my bankroll allows.

gon4iypes

gon4iypes

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GB
Chips
well this is an amazing thread....thanks a lot to all contributors!!!!! Just what I needed , my game has dropped a lot lately. It's good to see what others think

MatMackenz

MatMackenz

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think one of my biggest issues would be getting to aggressive in marginal spots. I end up building the pots to much and committing to much of the stack. I have adjusted to making better pot control, and results have been improving. I also am over-value hands on draw heavy boards. I do catch lots bluffing tho with these calls, but also catch a lot of straights/flushes too :(

millya5

millya5

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
I really love bluffing. but doing it with micro batches. I think this is my mistake.

johnny tigre

johnny tigre

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The error i consistently make is limping my pocket As and Ks.
Always get busted in the river by a trip or two pairs

Sad but true

Eric Salvador

Eric Salvador

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing Broadway cards aggressive in early position and not laying down to 3bet jams when I'm getting just less then the right odds. Also call open jams give me trouble because unless I put them on JJ+ a lot of the time I'm getting almost good enough odds and I decide to gamble. If I tighten up that I probably increase my cash percentage in tournaments

X

xRanieri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My biggest error would be to call a 3x lightly with hands like J8s or 54s in the CO with maniac 3-betters in BTN or blinds. I stopped a huge error, which would be to call an UTG raise with hands like KTo, QTo, JTo, hands like that as well.

ACESOVEREZZZ

ACESOVEREZZZ

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Opps :)))

i think my continuous trait would be in certain hands not being aggressive enough. Find myself playing to get ITM first and then playing a different game style of poker.

S

Steve Deeble

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Being close to the bubble betting too aggressively regardless of chip stack and not getting in the money.

Maikychan

Maikychan

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Getting stressed when some crazy maniac plays anyway and always gets lucky...

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For some reason, I seem to constantly overplay AK. I'll either miss the flop and bet both the flop and turn or I'll 3-bet in bad spots, like when I'll basically be pot committed with such a bet. I just need to reinforce the idea that AK is only a hand with potential, not a made hand. If it misses the flop, it's not that much better than 72.

X

xRanieri

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Calling 3-bets from tight regs with mediocre hands (78s, 55, etc.)..... so basically my foldv3Bet is too low. I can tell I'm on tilt when I call a 10x 3-bet with 64s.

Last edited:
AMTTT

AMTTT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my biggest mistake in the game, calling an all-in preflop with the dominant hand, where a game of luck

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I still call too often at times and don't make appropriate bet sizes.

I

izpanol

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I bluff too much with bad hands but I am very passive with powerful hands :s

I

Izfensina

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My reccurent and most repeated mistake is overestimating big pairs like AA always beaten by a low set KK always crushed by 10-10 or an Ace and QQ getting suckouts most of the time by 66 that turn my preflop monsters to à nightmare.

S

sibird

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I underestimate my opponent. That is my biggest mistake. I do that repeatedly though trying hard to rectify it.

M

MadMan999

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think when I make c-bet on the flop and turn doesn't make my cards stronger I play very passive.:(

KristaK

KristaK

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I play and I all goes well, I'm one of the leaders, and lose much of the stack I rarely pull myself together and continue to play adequately.

my biggest problem is i get bored with folding continuous, lack patience
i want to play!!
so when i am not getting playable cards after a length of time i open with some garabage just to get to finally play a hand!