What do you do when you have QQ or KK & Villain goes all-in?

L

Lftc07

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
in the pre-flop in my opinion there is no way to fold, already in the post-flop, depending on the draws who have on the board as flush or straight, there is a fold, but it depends on whether you also have a straight or three of a kind

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
I think it depends on the situation, for example in the early situation of a tournament I overbet to reduce the villain's rank, and postflop it depends on the hands that come out.

J

Joe1

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on how far I'm in a tournament, whether I'm already in the prize money or not, if I were close to the money ranks, I would be ready to let go of my hands ... because it would be important to me not to be kicked out before the money phase

P

PointedTip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do when you have QQ or KK & Villain goes all-in?

Hope it beats the ace he's holding.

R

Royal9012

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I am curious to see what you do when this happens to you, both pre-flop and flop. Anxious to see your answer. Thank you.
Dan'O.
Well if I sm in the position to lose the final table with this cards , I think very high before to pay, in another situation I pay directly.

Bnobob

Bnobob

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Nice Call =/

online poker you can only be referring to pre_flop. Of course Hero, the one to give CaLl urges!:jd4::D

Mityamoriss

Mityamoriss

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think pre-flop thats a 100% call,post flop it depends on the draw

abgvedr

abgvedr

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I usually call. And see his A6. And then AAA66 is the board and i am upset.

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I’m usually going to call all in. The exceptions would be if we were very close to the money, and even then I’ll probably call. Sure there’s a change you’re beat but most times you will be the favourite. (last tournament I had KK with 10 bb left so called, he had AQ and I lost but still the right call). Unless I knew the player was super tight then I might fold. Definitely more comfortable with KK than QQ. With QQ, if he has AK then you’d be better if you had smaller pair for straight potential - he still has 2 over cards.

P

Pibo1797

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends of how the villian are playing and how many chips he has but i almost always make a call

G

Ghkralj

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If close to money part in mtt then fold otherwise instant call..

D

DAVID KEHRER

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hope you have some hands on the player to see how he has been playing if not i pray and go all in.

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If there is no A card on the table after the flop, I will also go all-in. Before the preflop I always go all-in with QQ or KK.

oarroyo

oarroyo

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
PY
Chips
Normally I am looking for a client !! I make a raise and it depends on the flop I am raising more !!

C

casique31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Poker is skill, strategy, luck and courage, in a situation like this you see who is who. We play to win and the odds are 50 to 50, in my case I pay as with any decent couple.

el_soma77

el_soma77

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
:cool: I simply pay, I simply accept the bet ...

peaceofcoke

peaceofcoke

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the villain, if he is 3betting or 4 betting, his stack Vs mine and the tournament position.
Normally with KK and QQ, there is always a chance the Villain has Ax, so I will lose to 1/3 if suited, 1/4 of the time if off.

Evan Jarvis

Evan Jarvis

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. I am curious to see what you do when this happens to you, both pre-flop and flop. Anxious to see your answer. Thank you.
Dan'O.

Hey Dan,

This depends on a few factors for me
1) How deep are the stacks (if it's less than 40 big blinds i'm usually all in no matter what)
2) What position is my opponent in (if it's an early position battle I'll be more cautious than a late position or button vs blinds confrontation)
3) What type of range do I think my opponent would get it all in with (most opponents will get it all in with a wider range than just KK AA, which is why it's usually safe to get it in)

I always ask myself "could my opponent put all his money in here with a worse hand than I have?" and base my decision off that.

There are a few rare instances where I'm ok with folding these monster hands. Example would be in a live game 300 big blinds deep, or in a pot where 4 people are all in for 100 big blinds. But these are very rare scenarios.

If I'm concerned about that type of situation coming up then I'll often just flat call the open or 3-bet rather than reraising. This pretty much eliminates the possibility of facing and all in bet preflop, and enables me to get more information after the flop to decide if my hand is good or not.

Hope that helps! :D

P

PLAYFUL1

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop this is a must call no matter what the villian has. The flop will dictate any other actions by you

armoko

armoko

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
preflop I would definitely call and flop it depends if there is high card on the board than you got then fold

TCHUCO2005

TCHUCO2005

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I agree with PLAYFUL1, the sequence of the flop, turn and river is going to dictate whether I will fold or not