What do you do when you have QQ or KK & Villain goes all-in?

D

droozy

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It really depends on circumstances and playing format. The more BB you have, you should be less willing to go all-in, both pre-flop and post-flop (of course, another story is if you have nuts on the flop like top set and you know your opponent is calling station). But if you just sat down at poker table, and some player goes all-in for 200+ BB, I would really ponder if my queens are good enough, included KK. That does not matter so much in cash game rather than early stage of tournament. I have experienced spots in cash game, when TAG pushed all-in and I have QQ. I had folded and he showed me AA, so it also depends on the identity/playing style of the opponents. Also, once I had pocket KK in early stage of bigger tournament with 100+ BB and Big blind showed on me (he has me covered). I took long thinking and called - he had AA (sad story for me :angel:). Good poker player needs to learn how to filtrate and evaluate these situations regarding opponent´s style, stack size etc.
The answer is not usually clear.
Hello. I am curious to see what you do when this happens to you, both pre-flop and flop. Anxious to see your answer. Thank you.
Dan'O.

M

MickGreed

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yea, I would go all in, would be a bad beat if I didn't lol

A

alabos

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
no choice i have to go all in......i cant fold that

WeAreHot777

WeAreHot777

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi.
Pre-Flop, I am going ALL IN, but it's depends of situation, and how many players press the same button, but at the flop you should think it's depends of your stack size, and position, and with who you want to go all in.

T

Tomek416

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I am goingALL In definitely, unless we are about to be in the money.

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Of course I go all in, having the chance to make a set, and then bingooo...

B

B1BOMBER

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would have to take a little time and think it through. How much of my stack is at risk? How has villain been playing to this point? What point in the game I am at? I would try to make a careful play either way if I call or not!:D:D

Rvstam

Rvstam

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the size of the bank. If my bank is 3 times more then I bet all in

perrypip

perrypip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
"What do you do when you have QQ or KK & Villain goes all-in?"
Me: KK
Villain: All in
Me: Call
Villain: Have AA
Me:
bed385c452a88c0eddd9da530f7dc7a2.gif

Flop: 2,3, K
Me:
FrankShadyErne.webp

Have a great Saturday guys :D :D :D

Turn 4
River 5

H

Hemified

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Call it of course..I come to gamble and don't show up to play hopefully catching 7 2 off suit. Im here to win and take money if given the opportunity. It might matter if your close to money but uts all about the situation too. Good luck and crush it.

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Preflop most times I am calling. Post flop needs more details.

T

TriszPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What kind of weird question this is... Obviously I am jumping from happiness and snap calling anything <200bb deep, and probably +200bb as well, with KK definitely and against most players and positions often QQ as well... Unless multiple people go allin before you, and you are super deep,then you can fold QQ's optimally in my opinion. Also if you are above the bubble spot in a satellite and have big enough stack, you can just go ahead and fold both of them preflop, but really not much other exceptions.

recerveau

recerveau

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello. I am curious to see what you do when this happens to you, both pre-flop and flop. Anxious to see your answer. Thank you.
Dan'O.

I usually call. Sometimes, call. Exceptionally, call too.:D

P

Plmanuelpl

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
it all depends whether it is a cash game or a tournament, but QQ can be ridden A KK is a professional risk, but I often check with this card

Austria7

Austria7

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Folding KK is much more difficult than QQ - especially against a villain who risks all of his chips preflop with 77+ or AT + or A8s +. It often depends on the player and also on the buy-in level. In low levels where many players outplay suited cards, connectors or ace rags, I rarely fold the 3 highest pairs. But if I have a very tight player at the table who raises very rarely anyway and then plays a 3-bet, it is very likely that he will hold AA - in such cases I will fold QQ and KK - especially if I have gone far am in the tournament. :)

A

acenit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Dan'O.
A lot of factors determine, if it is a cash game, how deep, or short you are. Also, if it is a tournament, how early, or late in the tourney it is, and how many blinds you have

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I see that some think as I do and have been in certain situations like myself. Thankyou for all your input!
Dan'O

J

Jedrey

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
I pay, and I pray that I don't become AA, KK or three of a kind.
This decision is very difficult, but I always pay.