What do you do when you have QQ or KK & Villain goes all-in?

oakthyago

oakthyago

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If i had KK then i would deffinetly call his all in, but in situation where i have QQ decidion calling his all in would depend on how villain game was before that all in.

This is my thought too. If you have QQ and are facing a regular all in from a regular player the best scenario would be the villan with AK or you really have the faith the he will apeers with JJ or worst?

B

bobor19871987

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
bobor19871987

I play KK slowly and then I put a dam all in:):):)

D

desmond weinberger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Three times in my life have I folded QQ, KK and AA. The AA was on the bubble of a satellite, easy fold, the QQ was in a live cash game in which I knew the players. There was a raise, re-raise and then an all in before it even got to me. The other players had AA KK. The dude next to me thought I was crazy folding QQ preflop until the cars were flipped.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop I am almost always calling with some exceptions including certain types of players or if I am not rolled for a tournament I might consider folding.

D

desmond weinberger

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Three times in my life have I folded QQ KK and AA. The AA was an easy fold on the bubble of a satellite tournament. The QQ was a cash game which had a raise, a reraise and an all in before it even got to me. The dude next to me thought I was crazy for folding QQ until the cards were flipped over. AA and KK were out there.

B

bidearm

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
my mind starts goin 100 miles a minute and have been burned many a time with these hands but have to see the position i am playing and usually slow play just to be sure

luckyhenri

luckyhenri

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ,KK,AA all best hands is some cases even AA loses to something like a straight or a flush.

H

hiker5878

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ/KK

QQ and KK to me are very different hands. I play cautiously with QQ, it can be beat much easier than KK. AA/AK/KK to me are get it all in, it may boil down to a flip... But life is a flip!!! "So don't think meat, just throw it!" Bull Durham quote.... :)

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in a tournament i will call especially with KK . with QQ it would depend how deep i am and what kind of opponent i have

in cash games it also depends how deep i am and i would fold QQ to a nit . even KK i might fold if it is a nit and if i am very deep

once in a real life cash game session opponent raised preflop , i reraised him with my QQ and he went all in immediately . we both were pretty deep stacked . i thought about it for 1-2 minutes and then folded . he showed AA . and the guy was not even a nit

rock0001

rock0001

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
preflop: always call with qq and kk against 1 player. against 2 or more i might consider folding queens if i have a deep stacked and both players or at least 1 is very tight, but i have never fold kings preflop (unless its a satellite) even if more than 1 player shoves, therefore with kings i will most likely just go all in preflop in almost all scenarios. after the flop unless an ace hits the board or maybe a paired board like qq2 or jj3 if i have kk i will almost always called the shove after the flop. with queens its almost the same but any ace king or paired board can make me fold the hand.

K

Kingblack74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ or KK is a lay back and bite hand.:angel:

AllinIgor

AllinIgor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That depends... Hehehe
I think you should have enough information from the opponent, of how he's selecting his range of hands.
You have to take into account the stage of the tournament, how many BB he has and you have, anyway, but overall, it is very difficult for someone to fold KK pre flop.
I think most people who play the micro limits don't fold with QQ KK, so particularly, I only fold with QQ.

Good luck at the tables!

K

kanycta99

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
if preflop - 90% call. If I already see the board, then you need to think. But I play on micro, here and with 22 many go all-in.

AjR3ckless

AjR3ckless

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in a tournament i will call especially with KK . with QQ it would depend how deep i am and what kind of opponent i have

in cash games it also depends how deep i am and i would fold QQ to a nit . even KK i might fold if it is a nit and if i am very deep

once in a real life cash game session opponent raised preflop , i reraised him with my QQ and he went all in immediately . we both were pretty deep stacked . i thought about it for 1-2 minutes and then folded . he showed AA . and the guy was not even a nit

Daaang...good thing you folded but by that instant back raise he did sold his hand to you, I wouldn't call that hand also after me raising and him doing an instant back raise you know there is some form of trouble:cool::cool::cool:

AjR3ckless

AjR3ckless

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess i've gotten to a stage where I going all in with certain hands is a lil no no I have to see the flop before I go all in, I've done this couple times with even AA and lost to some pretty sappy hands even 22 made trips on me once so it's all about the situation at hand and my stack size

besplatnee

besplatnee

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
On preflop, we need to keep twisting and exposing, because otherwise the button will be behind us "by accident" and we will play a 3-bet pot with QQ threesome in the "sandwich" - this is generally a wild horror. Any ace or king on the flop, we fold. Any coordinated flop and raise from the button - pass ... Horror, horror, horror !!!

TCeNTuRioN

TCeNTuRioN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
depend...how many chip we get...which time of tounament (early middle later game)...position too...

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I appreciate all the posts here. Great insights. Thankyou!

K

kidrock1211

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I reraise if I have enough chips to get others out but if fewer chips I for sure call!

P

Pokerman32750

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hahaha typically I really don't make villains and play the cards as they lay...QQ or KK depends on what type of game, table dynamics and what the overall equity of what making that call or fold is..

T

terry5758

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I called this preflop all in with my KK knowing I could easily be beat never quite expected the outcome I got

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 8.57.26 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 8.57.26 AM.jpg
    13.4 KB · Views: 9
  • Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 9.01.50 AM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2021-04-29 at 9.01.50 AM.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 9
forrow10

forrow10

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ: I´d take a hard evaluated decision (table position and opponent ranges, blinds, and place to ITM)
KK: call. Without regreat even if I loose.

RickoNNN

RickoNNN

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on many factors as well as the style of play of each one. I am aggressive. I would bet everything. Sometimes you have to risk to win.

M

myquickwit

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm usually calling all in with both these hands. You said both pre and flop so if an ace comes on the flop I'm not calling an all in. If a K comes on flop and I have QQ I'm also not calling to a shove. Preflop though unless it's an itm or bubble situation I'm calling almost 100% of the time against only one all in. If too tight players are all in then I could probably get away from queens preflop. But the situation matters. Chip counts. Blinds. Everything matters. You can't just say I would do this or I would do that 100% of the time without knowing the circumstances.

1sunchin

1sunchin

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends from many circumstances - stacks, stage of tournament, buy-in, notes on villain and so on.