What do you do when you have QQ or KK & Villain goes all-in?

heguli82

heguli82

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
FI
Chips
Call pre and also most of the time after, flops being ok to those hands.

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on your chip stack vs his stack but a rule of thumb is if he's loose call, if he's super tight fold.

Poker Orifice

Poker Orifice

FoolsTilt
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CA
Chips
Don't go Allin cuz this always happens...

Attachments

• ScreenHunter 2934.jpg
    ScreenHunter 2934.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 63
  • ScreenHunter 2935.jpg
    ScreenHunter 2935.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 65
najisami

najisami

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
It really depends on so many factors, so there are as many answers as those factors multiplied by 2 (pre or postflop). In general and in a very simplified way I would call if short stacked except on the bubble or if the villain stack is less than the 3rd of mine...

Garfield52

Garfield52

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If I had QQ or KK and somebody went all in from the start I think I would seriously have to consider folding. This is especially my thought now that I just gor knocked out of a tournament a few minutes ago with this situation. I had AA and made a modest bet early on. Raised later and most everybody gradually folded except for one. He had 22 down. He hit another 2 on the fourth card. Lost my marbles !!!!!

Natta777

Natta777

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
Preflop 95% of the time, I'll go all-in.

S

suitedsadness

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally I don't think I would ever fold preflop, except maybe on the bubble in a live multi day tournament, as I would just want to guarantee a cash, or if this player is super tight.
Postflop, I can certainly see myself folding to an overcard or straight/flush.

T

TomWH

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop, and not on the bubble or deep in the tourney, K's, all in every time, Q's, maybe, depends on the table play. Post flop is another story, and deserves a lot of thought before committing all my chips. What else is on the table, A = be careful, KQ10 = Be careful, K83 suited = Be careful, K92 off suit = ALL IN! :D Again, depending on my hole cards, say I have K5, I'm going to be extra cautious as there are two more K's out there, probably with better kickers. :eek:

Z

Zeke67

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre or post flop?

Preflop you have to go with it of course. Post flop completely different story. It just depends on the entire situation of the hand. You can throw either of them down if there is an absolutely terrible flop for you.

Z

Stay Safe

J

Jadeyt92

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on situation for me. KK will probably go in 8/10 times. QQ possibly 6/10. All depends on if villains a loose player.

L

luki_jakdo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello. I am curious to see what you do when this happens to you, both pre-flop and flop. Anxious to see your answer. Thank you.
Dan'O.
I think I'd just call it with KK.... I would fold QQ for sure..... :icon_bigs

A

Alexio

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can play in different ways in different situations. It is important to analyze all aspects and choose the right tactics. After all, poker is a game of mixed strategies.
:rolleyes:

ivanlt18

ivanlt18

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It certainly will depend on what stage of the tournament I am. For sure I will call with KK, but not so sure with QQ, I recall the last few of them getting me to ruin. Could be just bad luck but it gives me a bad feeling now.

619Leafs

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If its pre flop I call. Post flop, will likely fold.

Michel_11

Michel_11

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
It all depends on the situation, the context. Post-flop depends on the cards on the flop. Pre-flop also depends on the stage of the tournament, stacks ... For example, I wouldn't call all in pre-flop with QQ in the first hand of the wsop main event ... it all depends.

okeedokalee

okeedokalee

Glory To Ukraine
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
NZ
Chips
The OP question is too broad.
It is dependent on many factors.
For instance how many Big Blinds do you have. You are short stacked call, shover is short stacked call.
How much have you bought in for in cash game.
Early stage middle or late stage if a tournament.
Is the Villain loose or tight.
At what speed did the Villain shove.

Costy69

Costy69

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What do you do with K QQ when villian goes all in

I would rip it all in everytime.What are you waiting for Christmas.

T

terry5758

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All of my online play is micro cash and tournament and especially recently any big pair seems as powerful as 72o and that's close to what puts me out of every showdown with my big PP as of late anyway

K

Kingblack74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
QQ KK

I like to see the flop , to me if I hit I can make more money than running off other players, and yes I could lose by letting someone catch up but that's apart of the game.

4kingwildo

4kingwildo

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
probably only position and opps aggression can stop my allin in that case. if it's unknown lands or blinds eat us alive, don't see any problems 2call pre.

marvinsytan

marvinsytan

I'm going to win The PokerStars Sunday Million
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
PH
Chips
B

baykoshkar

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

I fold only on the bubble.

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

E

eagleaces

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Call always

Hello. I am curious to see what you do when this happens to you, both pre-flop and flop. Anxious to see your answer. Thank you.
Dan'O.[/Q

Your opponents range when you hold queens and how well your hand does against it justifies a call no matter what. Online you will see many great looking hands lose and how often you play and your range will determine how often but it will almost always be 20 to 40 pecent your losing with the best hand all in pre.