What do you do when you have QQ or KK & Villain goes all-in?

M

molokheia

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hi there

call....call....call

rgds

T

tomk7788

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on several factors. One would be his VIP/PFR stats. A better question would be on the 1st hand of a tournament you have QQ and he goes all in and accidently shows his AK. Should you call?

uri73796

uri73796

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It all depends on the situation and how the game goes. Sometimes I play call and sometimes I go to allin

K

karl coakley

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
To me it depends on what % of my stack it is and how much is in the pot. I usually Want to see more than 2 cards. If the blinds and antes are high and it's less than 50% of my stack I'll probably call. Unless I'm short, i rarely put my stack on the line pre flop.

I can't think of 1 time I thought if i didn't fold QQ i would have won, but lots of times i wish I laid down a hand pre flop. Folding is only a small mistake, calling can be a big one.

B

blata8ruga

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Most likely I am calling. All though it does depend on how he has played before that.

TommyT

TommyT

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm a fish so i'm all in... Always an Ace on the flop btw

B

bigthereal

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the situation but usually call

R

romamirr

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In most cases, with such hands as QQ and KK preflop, I will cut, and then push off from the flop and the opponent, you also need to take into account your position and the players. In smaller situations, I can fold these pairs, be it on the MTT bubble, or in a satellite tournament.

B

BodyCount

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Go All-in with some rare exceptions.

BobbyMorton

BobbyMorton

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depends on the situation but 99 out of 100 times make the call.:):):)

T

terry5758

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Lately my experience has been a lot of folks going all in with any size stack and any hand and winning way more often than I care for weather I have AA or 99. But I don't care for them winning any pots I'm in.

funkymoney

funkymoney

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
to get the maximum out of that hand I would wait for the preflop and decide to check or raise if there is a J or Q and I have KK i would check and allow my opponent to raise and then call

Adi8877

Adi8877

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pre-flop it is simple, call, maybe I can fold, if he have more chips, and it is affecting the money, like in bubble in a medium, high stake tourney, before the FT, and I have enough stack to wait for better situation, but it happens rarely.

The flop situation depends on the board, of course with K or A down, without my Q or K hard to call, but it depends on the opponent, too. Also hard when a straight option is down, like 789 or the doubled cards 1010x or JJx. In these cases there are plenty things what makes me decide.

Y

Yuliazak1985

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Usually I get to the flop and then act on the situation.
And when I'm in the pre-prize zone and have a small stack, I fold.

R

Rodriguesxr

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I go all-in! I never fold KK or QQ, but AK i can fold!

L

lesson

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
depends on the situation. Call or raise often

Vivaly

Vivaly

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will not fold QQ or KK preflop. Although you can talk about different situations, I do not remember that I fold these cards. But there are already options on the flop. Why did your opponent go all-in? Maybe he has a set or a pair of aces, or a flush draw, or a straight draw, or he doesn't care at all.

MikeCarasone

MikeCarasone

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Depending on my stack size, if I have more chips at the time of villain’s shove, I will also shove the rest of my chips in. Only in a select few circumstances will I flat call, or fold. Folding is highly unlikely ever a decision here, but if villain is the tightest player level I note, or it’s pretty obvious he has the AA or we are bubble of a satellite then those meet the rare fold criteria.

Nynatieta

Nynatieta

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Well I never pay because this guy has a pair of AA or two strong cards that call the straight, for the game you always have to think about the zebras.

Z

zdgdj1

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Pay

I pay the bet queens and kings are very good hands

LitPavel

LitPavel

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It's always all in on the preflop, it depends on the situation on the flop, but I rarely watch the flop with them almost always all in on the preflop.

Dino ino no

Dino ino no

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
If i had KK then i would deffinetly call his all in, but in situation where i have QQ decidion calling his all in would depend on how villain game was before that all in, if he was shown skills in his game iv then assume that he's having AK, KK or AA, and fold my queens. If his game telling me he is a rookie, or he was lost some big hands near before his all in i'll call.