The Power of Position (Day 1 Course Discussion)

frazzle1991

frazzle1991

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
Position is important and helps in making the best first decision which is whether to fold or play the hand

J

Joselmb31

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The course is very interesting, not only in this chapter, but in its entirety. It has a lot of solid information, which greatly awakens the mind of the reader to discover what type of hand is playing and thus be able to solve difficult situations. Thank you very much and waiting for more teachings in the near future.

AjR3ckless

AjR3ckless

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just a question how do you know how far you get in the coarse?

M

Murph1969

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
God I must be stupid. One lesson and I’m completely and totally lost and this is my SECOND time taking the course! I don’t think poker is the game for me.

J

jordano121

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
30 day couse

I like day 1. I'm losing or break even player but love's to play poker. I have been trolling all the free information that I can get about poker and all it's variance. I would love to find some micro stakes poker where the other players play poker and not bingo trying to drive out pairs and A's with it's good kickers with 82o and other garbage hands alike.
Thank you for the course.

gloemcesar

gloemcesar

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
CL
Chips
Hi there

This concepts of power of position are fundamental in poker (absolute position, relative position, early, middle and late position) thanks cardschat. i already reading the book and starting this course. so nice

C

chriszeira

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Position in poker is of utmost importance, it is an easy and practical concept to understand, but at the same time it is ignored by most beginning players. Joile Bronson, the creator of the Texas Hold'em game, confirms this thesis: "whoever has a position in poker, has everything."

C

Chingasmurff

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Fun challenge day 1

This is he best way to begin any poker lesson. POSITION is important!
Rock on!

A2020

A2020

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
At first I was confused by the use of the term "Hero" I knew I heard it been used in Poker, just wasn't sure in what context or what for.

I guess the key was to follow the recommended way as to how to take the course and read the PDF first and then watch the videos, as it was explained in there.

Was already familiar with most of the positions, but now I'm more aware as to where each one is. I knew UTG for example, didn't know that MP was right after UTG+1
Lojack was new for me. Hijack and Cutoff I knew by name, but didn't exactly knew where on the table those were.

Makes sense when you hear "Position is everything"

I guess from now on, I will not only pay more attention to this concept, but also (And I guess this will come in more detail on future lessons) learn about ranges.

Looking forward for the next chapters. Thanks for this great tool you put together.

Never knew where to start to learn Poker a bit more in depth, and this is a great opportunity.

bojji74

bojji74

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's not too late to learn. So there is understanding in poker. But this course won't hurt me. I will take courses with pleasure. Thanks to those who created the cardchat site. Good luck everyone.:icon_sant:icon_sant:icon_sant

YuriSLopes

YuriSLopes

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Yeah man, position is uber important in this sport.

I'm starting to see a pattern more and more in relation to the times I've lost and the ones I've won.
Most of the ones I've lost I was out of position and the ones I've won I was In position.

Position is also good to squeeze.
You don't want to play a multi way pot, believe me.

So position, position, position is a reaaaly important factor at the felt.

Thank you CC for the "Become a Winning Poker Player in 30 Days" course.

bertaS1234

bertaS1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Position is very important in poker, before I did not attach importance to this factor, which is why I was kicked out of tournaments very early, now I play more and more from position, and this is bearing fruit

E

eugenedav

Enthusiast
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 1 Power of Position completed 💪

Day was knowledgeable and very useful for me to become a better poker player. I am very aggressive So now I understand why I get targeted so much in each session 😆. I clearly now know how to play each position a certain way. Instead of being that relative key person the table targets. Unless I have the stones good info on Day 1.

P

pwalker4201977

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes position is everything in poker so you better learn before you play for big bucks

H

hcuervo

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
What I call the power of the chips is good because it inhibits the opponent, makes him think and I have control of the table:D

B

brookelipscomb41

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks

Great content so far. I'm glad you both made this free for us. It is much appreciated help. Great course.

Mati532

Mati532

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Position is very important in poker, before I didn't give importance to this factor, that's why I was kicked out of tournaments very early, now I play more and more from position, if I don't try not to get into trouble.

pirateglenn

pirateglenn

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Always good to revisit the power of position - its easily forgotten - especially when we initially look down and see we have junk, as i watch pros and experienced players demonstrate - it can be an easy way to pick up chips from the BB when SB by representing strength.

V

Valsvor

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Course

I decided to study the course, it's a pity that the book is only in English

duderino89

duderino89

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is allways nice to get back to the basics when you took a longer break from poker.
And even though i did know about the importance of position before it reminded me at least a little bit to think more about my ranges when playing in position. I can only hope that the next videos will help me get new ideas and improve on my skills as well!
The only thing i'm wondering is - should you play more aggressive so 3bet more aggressive in position or play a more passive approach since you can later dictate how the hand will be played postflop?

Atararo14

Atararo14

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
The quiz answer :

I was on the big blind with T9 offsuit, cutoff raises 440, button calls, small blind folds and I call.

Flop rainbow 5 2 4 I check, cutoff bets 648 and button raises 3564.

In this spot I have to fold because I have T high.

barbados

barbados

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BY
Chips
OK guys. Random wins are over. I will try to study the course "Become a Winning Poker Player in 30 days". Today is the first lecture. Wish me patience for 30 days of poker course.

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

BetterThanAvgButNotByMuch

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
They say the hardest part of life is just showing up, so here I am on Day 1! Got through the 1st vid and enjoyed the commentary by Collin and Katie. Nice that the folks at CardsChat organized this training series.

Positons for the course are Utg, Utg+1, MP, LJ, HJ, CO, BT, SB and BB. This notation helps folks communicate hand examples to share and get advice. Position gives you an opportunity for gain information from players during a hand so it can be more profitable to play hands in position than out of position. The earlier you have to act then the tighter your range should be and you can loosen your range a little bit if folks from earlier position have folded.

Enjoyed the vid.

mariussica88

mariussica88

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
RO
Chips
Finished day 1....29 to go

Just finished day 1 and honestly i never thought that the MP1 is called also LJ i always used the positions like this: BU, SB, BB, UTG, UTG+1, MP, MP1, HJ, CO

Looking forward to see the rest of the Course.

Oranaro

Oranaro

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Day 1 completed

Hey just completed the day 1! already going for the whole week today haha!