The Power of Position (Day 1 Course Discussion)

Prince Mantis

Prince Mantis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Day 1. Position

Hi everyone. I have just watched Day 1 video about the power of position. I am very grateful to authors of this course, the information is very useful, up-to-date. Besides it is for free. So I will be glad to study all lessons with diligence and become a better poker player. Thank you!

WrongUsername

WrongUsername

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
very great video to know the power of position.

L

LOOPY

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
hiJack

I just started watching the 30 day course.
I've heard the term "Hijack" in poker position before--but never understood what it really meant.
Now it makes sense:
The hijack is so named because it can hijack the stealing opportunity of the button and cutoff by open-raising first. The button and cutoff may then be forced to fold some of the hands that they were planning to steal with.

Looking forward to seeing the other 29 videos.

C

Chase

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I just started watching the 30 day course.
I've heard the term "Hijack" in poker position before--but never understood what it really meant.
Now it makes sense:
The hijack is so named because it can hijack the stealing opportunity of the button and cutoff by open-raising first. The button and cutoff may then be forced to fold some of the hands that they were planning to steal with.

Looking forward to seeing the other 29 videos.
I just started myself and I have to say my head is spinning. I can see I'm going to have to take on a totally new mindset though. I think I see what you mean by hijack. Thanks for the insight.

J

jsiatime

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi, links isn't working. I can't use them. In first post and many other with links to the course. Can you help me?

J

jsiatime

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I use android smartphone. Can be problem in here?

pocketace222

pocketace222

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
This should be very informative as it gets deeper what a great tool for beginners

Mundug

Mundug

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Its almost pre flop action. Last example very good knowledge. But beginner understand opponent often watch your action. Also use stats your playing style. If you can control game you win without good cards and boards.

H

HarkleHarpel

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Position

Ich spiele seit Jahren Poker.

Tag1 hat mir geholfen, mich daran zu erinnern, wie wichtig die Position ist.

K

KinsleyBrutal

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi Colin,
I haven't completed the course yet but want to know something about position.
If it's a 6 handed table, how will you refer the positions?
Thanks for the course Sir.

Last edited:
newjugador

newjugador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like to take the course and see all the videos, I am new to this.

newjugador

newjugador

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just started looking at the 30 day course.
I've heard the term "hijack" in poker position before, but never understood what it really meant.
Now it makes sense:
the hijack is so called because it can hijack the opportunity to steal from the button and cut by making an open raise first . The button and cutoff may be forced to fold with some of the hands they planned to steal with. I look forward to seeing the other 29 videos. [/APPOINTMENT]

If you can help me to see the videos, yes please, I want to see all 29 videos, I would appreciate it.

A

acemenow

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Decided to finally start taking hte 30 day course. For me the position video is well stated and easy to understand, and not knew. Where I get confused though(which is jumping the gun at day one tbh). Is how we refer to these positions when we are down to 5 players and less.

Example UTG is on a 5 player board as I understand it is really considered Lojack (from what I have learned elsewhere) and should be played as a lojack position vs an UTG position - if that makes sense. Anyway I enjoyed how you put this together and explained it looking forward to the rest of the content.

speper

speper

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
i love this video i under stand very well

Y

ykm930

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I wish someone standardize the name of the positions some day... at least for 9 ring table.

apLike

apLike

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
thank you for a great and most importantly free course

A

AcesHighAGMA

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
CA
Chips
Today's course topic is about The Power of Position. We have had numerous threads in the forum asking about how important position really is. Now that you have completed Day 1 you know - it is everything.

If you have not yet read Day 1 and watched the video for Day 1 - take a few minutes now to do that and then come back here to discuss it:
The Power of Position

If you have any questions about the different positions on a table, playing hands from each position, or about any of the hands discussed in Day 1 of the ebook or the Day 1 video - this is the place to ask them!

Both Collin and Katie will be available to assist you as well as other members of the CardsChat community.

9dae1d2660dd2f60c20da7b1b7b94550.png

9bae48e8b0b6064ee1698bd2e01bd23b.png
Day one was actually as huge learning position for me, I've never thought of explaining the positions when asking for advice.

So my big question is, if you will be raising would it make sense to do so UTG, or when you're big blind? It seems with Big Blind, if you raise, you wont see how others react and what they may have.

U

undentro

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I like the day 1. i know a little bit about the important of poosition,, but i unknow the names taht recives. It was very interesting learn about this and understand the relative position concept.

jeambeam

jeambeam

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
ID
Chips
Im done for challanges Day1
i seat on the Button i try playing lose, every button what ever card i try to join to open flop as long they not raise to much. and than he try to rape me and i let him rape me as like as he want. and and he looks so happy when i am not doing any difference. and he felt so greedy ask more and more and never enough. i give what he need. and the end of the game ?? after he was happy to **** me, he have to pay the services bill and go away...... Gotcha....!!!! LOL :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: 80% my actions success with this. those why button position also called as know as DEALER. everything what you need???? you have to make a deal and ready to pay the dealer LOL

I LOVED THE POWER OF POSITION

Attachments

• 2022-07-19_ 06-18_PM_$0.08_$0.16_#1387493488.png
    2022-07-19_ 06-18_PM_$0.08_$0.16_#1387493488.png
    784.2 KB · Views: 2
ratbat615

ratbat615

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
JM
Chips
I like Day 1 , I use the 10 Player Table EP as SB, BB, UTG, and UTG+1, Middle Position as seats 5,6 and 7 , Late Position as HJ CO and Button.
9 Player table ; SB, BB, UTG, MP ,as UTG+1, seats 5and 6, LP as HJ, CO, and Button.
Bb is the best position to me

Majaloja

Majaloja

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Position is very important, if a professional player would always speak first against an inexperienced player, the professional player would get the worst of it.

christovam

christovam

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Today's course topic is about The Power of Position. We have had numerous threads in the forum asking about how important position really is. Now that you have completed Day 1 you know - it is everything.

If you have not yet read Day 1 and watched the video for Day 1 - take a few minutes now to do that and then come back here to discuss it:
The Power of Position

If you have any questions about the different positions on a table, playing hands from each position, or about any of the hands discussed in Day 1 of the ebook or the Day 1 video - this is the place to ask them!

Both Collin and Katie will be available to assist you as well as other members of the CardsChat community.

9dae1d2660dd2f60c20da7b1b7b94550.png

9bae48e8b0b6064ee1698bd2e01bd23b.png
I watched class #2. Very good course. I have a hard time being aggressive when I get a c-bet. Sometimes I prefer to fold.

Last edited:
Gallarado777

Gallarado777

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
KZ
Chips
why doesn't he raise with ace king in hand or 3bet just calls weird