The Power of Position (Day 1 Course Discussion)

Pichman189

Pichman189

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After a some time I understand how important to know a power of position, and if I know that and my opponent not, I have very good chance to win pot. Thank you for this perfect lesson!)

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
After a some time I understand how important to know a power of position, and if I know that and my opponent not, I have very good chance to win pot. Thank you for this perfect lesson!)

We’re so glad you found it valuable :)

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Lesson 1 and i already feel like im missing lots of fundamentals. Thanks for the class

Way to go and lol at your avatar—easily my favorite DiCaprio meme 🤣

Mohamed48

Mohamed48

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
MA
Chips
it's good to understanding the different positions in poker
The lesson really was useful to me

boyward

boyward

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just getting back into poker and always treat position with respect. Such an important part of the the game and a great place to start. Looking forward to the rest of the course. It is easy to sink in jargon and terms but I will do my best to keep up. ��

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just getting back into poker and always treat position with respect. Such an important part of the the game and a great place to start. Looking forward to the rest of the course. It is easy to sink in jargon and terms but I will do my best to keep up. ��

Best of luck to you and please let us know if you have any questions along the way! :)

KaliMera

KaliMera

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Positionsspiel

Wenn man langsam ein Gefühl für das Spiel bekommt, wird man sich bewusst wie wichtig die Position am Tisch ist. ;)
Anfangs habe ich zum Beispiel viel zu viele Hände gespielt (lose) :deal:

Doch bei mir war es dann so, dass ich zu passiv (eng) :angel:gespielt habe.

Da ich am liebsten bin Sit'n Go und MTTs Spiele, wird man systematisch ausgeblindet und man steht schnell vor dem Aus. Natürlich kann es auch gehört, dass man mit Glück seine All-in Momente für sich führt. Doch wird wird das nicht zum Erfolg geführt.

Auch muss man einen Mittelweg finden, um in gewinnbringende Töpfe zu kommen.
Bin sehr beschäftigt wie es weiter geht. Auch wenn das Video nicht in meiner Sprache ist, gehört ich es zu verstehen. :icon_sant

Wünsche viel Spaß!
Kali :cool:

KaliMera

KaliMera

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Positionsspiel

Vielen Dank für die kostenlose Ressource! Ich bin ein Anfänger und denke jetzt definitiv viel über die Position nach und frage mich ein paar Dinge.

Wenn Sie sich in einer späten Position befinden, werden wahrscheinlich einige Wetten abgeschlossen, bevor Sie an die Reihe kommen. Zumindest bei Micro / Small Stakes, bei denen ich spiele, gibt es meistens Wetten und Erhöhungen. Nimmt Ihnen dann die späte Position nicht die Chance, zu bluffen? Ist es nicht schwieriger, jemanden zu bluffen, der bereits Geld für die Hand gebunden hat? Für das Bluffen denke ich, dass es ein Nachteil ist. Warum heißt es also, dass Sie von einer späten Position aus schlechtere / marginale Hände spielen können?

Wenn Sie eine gute Hand haben, ist es in der Tat gut zu sehen, wie viel gewettet wurde, damit Sie sie immer wieder für Geld bluten. Wenn Sie jedoch eine gute Hand haben, ist es Ihnen egal, wo Sie sich befinden, weil Sie sicher sind, dass Sie sie trotzdem spielen . Also, was vermisse ich? Warum ist eine späte Position so ein Vorteil?

Finde die Denkweise sympathisch, da du so enttäuscht klingst dass du in später Position kein bluff starten kannst. :angel:
Aber wenn du ein Spieler am Tisch hast, der regelmäßig vor dir eröffnet, kannst du zum Beispiel mit KQo eine weitere Erhöhung (3-Bet / 4-Bet) machen und ihn somit aus der Hand drängen (Semi-Bluff) :icon_sant

Wie auch du bin ich ein Anfänger, und daher das ganze auch nicht immer so klappt :confused::eek:
Jedoch muss du dann nicht auf die Bluffs verzichten ;)

Liebe Grüße

KaliMera

KaliMera

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Positionsspiel

You should generally raise 77 UTG, particularly if there’s an ante. Our advice is to raise if you’re first in the pot (except from the small blind position where limping first in becomes much better).

Sehr interessant, wenn man als Small Blind nur auffüllt. Soll man damit den Big Blind dazu bringen was dummes zu tun wie zum Beispiel All-in zu gehen um die Blinds zu stehlen? :confused::confused:
Oder sehe ich fälschlicherweise die 77 als zu stark ein? :rolleyes:
Bin gespannt auf deine Antwort

Liebe Grüße

Collin Moshman

Collin Moshman

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Sehr interessant, wenn man als Small Blind nur auffüllt. Soll man damit den Big Blind dazu bringen was dummes zu tun wie zum Beispiel All-in zu gehen um die Blinds zu stehlen? :confused::confused:
Oder sehe ich fälschlicherweise die 77 als zu stark ein? :rolleyes:
Bin gespannt auf deine Antwort

Liebe Grüße

Hi Kali,

We’re really happy you’re taking the course and wish we spoke German! Unfortunately though you’ll need to translate your comments and questions into English for us to be able to reply :)

Haze777s

Haze777s

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Without conditionality, it is the easiest to act last

DiazPoker3101

DiazPoker3101

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AR
Chips
Thread: The Power of Position (Day 1 Course Discussion

The power of the position we are in is incredible and even more so if we have ICM in favor, I have won hands with 47off from the button, and all thanks to time and position management. it is a very important point to keep in mind.
:4d4::7d4::ridinghor

fernandofcp

fernandofcp

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I understood that the strength of the position allows the player to decide with more certainty what can be decided as to the continuation during the play or the fold of the hand. This is due to the cards that appear on the table and also after the actions of each opponent.

steveeeee

steveeeee

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to be truthful I have never used this formula. Sorry to say I usually play the cards I have an the people on the table i think I may learn a bit from this series. I' will give it a go preciate it

Katie Dozier

Katie Dozier

Poker Expert
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
to be truthful I have never used this formula. Sorry to say I usually play the cards I have an the people on the table i think I may learn a bit from this series. I' will give it a go preciate it

Thanks very much, I really hope you enjoy the course and find it valuable :)

turrui262

turrui262

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
And where is the money in poker? Let's say so, when you play in position you can get notions and actions about your opponent, lately I am only playing and position, to have more advantage against the villains at the table

Vilgeoforc

Vilgeoforc

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The position is important because we have significantly more options for drawing our hand. Including speculative. Original approach, I liked 1 lesson.

P

pltelles

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
Playing in position is really important, especially when you don't have a prime hand.

psycodelic1

psycodelic1

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the position always matters more than what u hold except when is utg vs BB hahahahah lmao