*** May Micro Grinder Thread 2NL - 25NL ***

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yes I believe so, although its been a few days since that session.
Just asked cause i remeberd a weekend reg that played 10nl FR/6max when i was playing it and had a 3bet of like 40% and similar 4bet, he was a gold mine.
his name ends with ingoi....

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks delta, enty, and richyl - very useful comments - I'll be researching my db when I get home from work tonight... I think the suggestions to review cbetting (both flop and turn) and value betting are likely right on the money, I'm sure I'm missing tons of value (high W$SD %, low AF, too much trying to induce bluffs).

To your points, of course, I'm reluctant to re-tool too much too quickly, since I'm winning, but I don't want to get too robotic/predictable. Thanks!

Follow up question (you got me thinking) - I've started calling opening raises in late position with hands I would've thrown away in the past. It's not a huge thing with me (obviously, since my VPIP is still very low for 6max), but I'm doing this in the following situations (both 25NL and 50NL):

1. Fish in early position opened with a raise (if he flat called and I've got anything remotely reasonable, and nobody has raised behind him, I 3bet).
2. Aggro, say 20%+ PFR and 3+ AF, in early position opened with a raise and I've got a hand that either connects with the flop or doesn't, and is easy to throw away.

(side note, I've started reviewing villain's PFR by position - this has been extremely interesting - played one villain on 4 tables yesterday who open raised 35% on the button, 0% in MP, and 35% in EP over 500 hands!!!)

The hands I'm looking for in these spots are sc's (for the fish, any sc, for the aggro, I'm looking for, say, a 9 high sc/one gapper/two gapper), small pp's, and sometimes suited A's (not my favorite, prefer the others). Maybe 10% of the time I'll raise these hands for variety (otherwise I think I get squeezed by good players in the blinds if I flat call too much). My 3bet range for both these guys is around the top 5% of hands otherwise.

For the fish, I'm willing to float a lot of flops to try to take the pot on the turn. For the aggro, depending on the AF and what I've seen him showdown, I'm a little less willing to float (maybe I shouldn't be doing this then?).

I'd imagine this isn't great for my non-sd line - is this reasonable otherwise? I got these ideas from threads/discussions from stronger players here, but I'm not sure I'm putting these into practice correctly, wanted to double check.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm, follow up - was just reading some fairly violent reactions to limping behind in FR with specifically A rag suited in the HA forum (again, I'm not particularly keen on Ax suited, I vastly prefer having sc's and pp's in this situation, and I do mix in some raises/3bets with these). Should I apply this here as well, just don't call?

What I'm trying to achieve here is IP postflop play with fish (who are likely to miss the flop and not know what to do in response to a float, or if my hand connects) and with aggros with high cbet %/high PFR % (more looking for the hand to connect). Should I just generally toss these ideas and go with a raise in any of these cases?

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmmm, follow up - was just reading some fairly violent reactions to limping behind in FR with specifically A rag suited in the HA forum (again, I'm not particularly keen on Ax suited, I vastly prefer having sc's and pp's in this situation, and I do mix in some raises/3bets with these). Should I apply this here as well, just don't call?

What I'm trying to achieve here is IP postflop play with fish (who are likely to miss the flop and not know what to do in response to a float, or if my hand connects) and with aggros with high cbet %/high PFR % (more looking for the hand to connect). Should I just generally toss these ideas and go with a raise in any of these cases?

Im not sure floating a fish when they show aggression is going to be a good play. Just make a hand and try to extract max value. Against the lags probably not a good idea to call raises looking to hit flops without a fish in the pot. Thier ranges are usually too wide to have implied odds. You can take some of the small pairs/sc's and 3bet those guys lite every couple rotations or so(much less so oop). If they are defending too much then just 3bet them for value but widen your range some for value 3bets. The more you call raises with your speculative hands against people opening wide ranges, the more you will have to bluff postflop in order to make your calls profitable, which takes more postflop skill and handreading to determine thier range and fold equity on certain flops.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I'll triple post.

Anybody willing to sweat me this week for 25nl Fr or 50nl FR ?
Been in a rut breaking even past week, don't feel focused and generally bored when playing.

Any help appreciated.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I had to withdraw some funds the other day, and as my 6max game has been quite bad recently, b/c i originally built my roll playing FR i decided to leave $100 in my account and build the roll up again playing nothing but 6max.

Typically though i must have flicked el doomswitch b/c i lost 6 BI's right off the bat! Played again tonight and after 1 and a 1/4 hrs i finished a whole $1.60 down, i think i played a lot, lot better tonight though, wish me luck as i once again grind my way through 5nl lol.

Irexes said something similar in one of his articles, and i think it relates well to what i'm doing now, i don't care how long it takes me to get good so i'm happy to start from the bottom rung when it comes to my 6max game as i feel there's a lot of holes in it at the minute, hopefully i'll come out at the end of this a much better player for it.

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I guess I'll triple post.

Anybody willing to sweat me this week for 25nl Fr or 50nl FR ?
Been in a rut breaking even past week, don't feel focused and generally bored when playing.

Any help appreciated.

Sure Enty, I owe you one anywho :) If you think doing the sweat would help. Thursday night after 7:30 est. would probably be best for me. PM me.

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Part Brag, Part Update and a definite thanks to Enty for reaffirming my game/fixing minor holes.

Since major downswing ending as of May 2nd, been operating at 9 BB/100 for the last 10.5k hands at 10NL FR with only two negative sessions both under -.5 buy-ins:D

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hah, wow sorry about the chain of posts, but I just started doing those 210fpp 20man satellites for the 11 tourney dollars. Just wondering where/how you trade them in for $$. I remember reading it someplace but can't find it anywhere now :confused: Thanks!

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hah, wow sorry about the chain of posts, but I just started doing those 210fpp 20man satellites for the 11 tourney dollars. Just wondering where/how you trade them in for $$. I remember reading it someplace but can't find it anywhere now :confused: Thanks!

I use www.psmoney.com

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
They take 5%?

Go to http://www.deviantdollarstore.com/. You'll get 98% of your $T.

why not just go to 2+2 and searching? they do like a 99% exchange.

BTW enty if you think it's good to get a diff view ill sweat you, i need to get a mic but i can go buy it tomorrow. im a 6max guy obviously but it might help to get a diff view. just pm me if interested so i get an email about it and respond asap

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exams suck I have two swears arranged for this weekend though after my exam one with Jagsti and the other with Enty both me sweating them so should be good as I know Jay is running horrible and enty needs re focusing so should be goot.

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

If you can do well in the satellites, then why not just convert them to $ by playing SNGs. Play 9-player $10+1 STTs, for example. They don't take much time, and even if you are break-even with them, you'll still earn more than if you use a trading website. If your ROI is greater than zero, you're also making profit in the process.

And, (little known fact) PS gives you FPP for the SNGs you play even when you pay your buy-in in T$. So, that's additional rakeback.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
in regards to selling T$, the marketplace on 2+2 has people who buy at 99.5%

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
https://www.cardschat.com/forum/general-poker-13/my-quest-0-10-000-6-a-151601/

I want everyone to read that entire thread. That is how your opponents think. Next time you start running bad and start doubting yourself, read that and realize how much better you are than your opponents.

Very good point. I lol'ed when i first read it.

They can be good for T$ tho..

also i believe Zach used to buy T$ but not sure if he still does.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can take some of the small pairs/sc's and 3bet those guys lite every couple rotations or so(much less so oop). If they are defending too much then just 3bet them for value but widen your range some for value 3bets. The more you call raises with your speculative hands against people opening wide ranges, the more you will have to bluff postflop in order to make your calls profitable, which takes more postflop skill and handreading to determine thier range and fold equity on certain flops.

Excellent, excellent advice, ty - I worked on this the last couple of days, and it's been fantastic. I suspect strongly that increasing my 3betting range against these guys lead them to really widen their defending range (since it was transparent on at least a couple of tables that I was targeting them for 3bets), and it was really profitable.

Dry Q, K, or A high boards are fun! :D

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wish me luck bitches, off to play a £20 freezeout at my local club in aldershot tonight, hopefully theres some cash action on afterwards too :D first live poker for aaaagggggeeeessss, i'm so excited lol

Update will follow

Wes747

Wes747

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good luck orangepeeleo! I played live for the first time the other day and found that live play feels mega-loose compared to online. I also realized I'm waaaay more nervous live than online, lol.

aesopdurasic

aesopdurasic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really havent noticed this thread before but I figured I am grinding the micro-limits i might as well post in here. I recently have been slowly building a BR playing 6max nl cash games. I am currently play at .01/.02 and my goal is to grind all the way up to 100 6 max nl. I believe this is a goal that i can accomplish within time. Well here is a graph from 5/06/09-Today.

OK also here is the stats that go with this graph.

let me know what u think and maybe where i can improve at.
My BR is a little short $20.00 due to a prop bet I lost with a friend.
My bankroll is currently sitting at $49.09.
Thanks Aesop

Chronical23

Chronical23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
when ya'll are talking about 2NL and 25NL and stuff what does that mean? is that the limits?