Here are my positional stats:

positionalstats.png

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Steal a tonne more from SB BVB you are leaving a tonne of money there. Open up more OTB and 3bet more from here, this is the best place to 3bet from.

ok fwiw I am just going to compare your stats to mine at 25NL over ~112k hands.

CBet - 72.1%
Cbet Success - 50.8%
Steal - 32.5
3bet - 3.1

Positional

SB - Steal - 47.9 VPIP - 19 PFR - 13
CO - Steal - 21.8 VPIP -22 PFR -17 3Bet - 2.8
BTN - Steal - 36.2 VPIP - 23 PFR - 16.5 3Bet - 3

Obviously I have leaks in there but just an example of roughly what stats I personally had at 25NL. I could deffo be more open from CO but thats still a problem I am working on now at 50nl.

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Steal a tonne more from SB BVB you are leaving a tonne of money there. Open up more OTB and 3bet more from here, this is the best place to 3bet from.

ok fwiw I am just going to compare your stats to mine at 25NL over ~112k hands.

CBet - 72.1%
Cbet Success - 50.8%
Steal - 32.5
3bet - 3.1

Positional

SB - Steal - 47.9 VPIP - 19 PFR - 13
CO - Steal - 21.8 VPIP -22 PFR -17 3Bet - 2.8
BTN - Steal - 36.2 VPIP - 23 PFR - 16.5 3Bet - 3

Obviously I have leaks in there but just an example of roughly what stats I personally had at 25NL. I could deffo be more open from CO but thats still a problem I am working on now at 50nl.

Thanks, Jake.

This is obviously villian dependent, but against what types of opponents are we generally trying to 3-bet with in position, and with what range are we 3-betting? Do we have a preference to not 3-bet if there's been a ton of limpers?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
this is all villian dependent lol but I am not the best in 3bet pots tbh with you.

You want the fold to 3bet on your HUD obviously and you can 3bet with anything against some villians and they fold and others they will call and spew money to you. One position where you can 3bet and take alot of pots down is the BTN vs a CO raise, even with like AJ,88 other marginals I will 3bet them vs villians who steal alot and they will fold out because they will have such a wide stealing range. Obviously the more people who have limped or cold called an EP raise the stronger our hand will have to be to 3bet.

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's like a million fold to 3-bet stats in HEM. Which one do you use?

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Kleitches, Im at work atm so will look a little later at your post. But from 1st glance, you need to be stealing a tonne more form LP as Jake says. Your leaving tonnes of money at the table there.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
blog updated + quality post any mods? Jay ^^^^

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
everything jake said is right on for kleitches.
i have about double your flop cbet % and close to the same success %

that is a whole lot of money right there. also stealing obv.
when cbetting more ur AF will probably go closer to 3 which is never a bad thing either

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well the very negative redline is from leaving money on the table, the low cbetting, maybe getting bluffed later streets, how about the 3bet call% is that too high? If you call alot of 3bets setmining then you're usually folding flop leaving several bbs every time. I have low cbet and steal% also (6max) but think I take down enough small pots with bluffs/semibluffs to keep NSD from dragging down profits.

Started the move to 25nl last weekend after +25 buyins in last 9k hands 10nl. Only being able to play on weekends is good for the winrate :). Still going to play 4-6 tables 10nl to warm up and will 2-3 table 25nl until get foothold.

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
kleitches, my red line isn't quite as bad, but I suspect that my issue is not playing enough pots in position and raising loose/limpy players when I don't have a top 10 hand.

Guys, I don't use 3 bet stats much in 10/25/50nl, but I do use steal, so if I see someone raising from CO/Button/SB who has a high steal percentage, I look to 3 bet them once every 3 opportunities or so. What do you think of that general approach?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
think you deffo need to be using the fold 3bet % in conjuction with the fold to cbet aswell just my opinion.
Use the 3bet% to know when you can 4bet light if necessary.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ProfKev! Hiya.

You are folding a little too much. This is either from entering too many pots (which I know isn't your style) Or laying down too many hands.

I think for you its the second... lighten up what you look people up with, and play slightly more aggressively after the flop.

BWDIK?

cAPS

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright, I guess it's time to get another discussion going, though my last attempt failed miserably. I'm going to volunteer myself as the case study for this one.

I'm currently playing 25nl FR, and things aren't going the best. While I'm absolutely certain that a large part of my losses have come from coolers and bad beats, I'm not going to say I don't have any leaks either. That being said, I'm going to post my graph and stats. Let's pick apart some of the things that we find that may be contributing to my lack of a win-rate.

theuglytruth25nlfrgraph.png

25nlfrstats.png

Looking at these stats, I've noticed several things that are big leaks in my game. The stat isn't in the image, but my W$WSF is 33.9. Not sure what to think of that. My WTSD% is quite low, and I'm thinking it suggests that I'm a bit weak-tight post flop. Additionally, my W$SD% is very high, which I'm guessing suggests that I'm usually only trying to take the nuts to the river, and not really extracting thinner value with more mediocre type hands. My 3-bet % is low, but I'm not sure if that is a huge leak at 25NL, since it's not really necessary to 3-bet light. I'm wondering if I should just 3-bet more in position though, although I'm unsure of what range of hands and against what opponents to do so with.

I think your wtsd # is fine. w$wsf is on the low side , most likely a result of low cbet % and low post flop aggression. Missing value could definately be a factor.

I'm also aware that my steal % is pretty low, but to be honest it just seems like EVERY time I try to steal I'm getting played back at. I'm probably just imagining things, but I'd also to hear thoughts on what types of villians are best to steal from. If I'm on the button and it's been folded to me and I'm looking down at Q4o, I'm generally just fold against a station that's in the small blind. Although I have position, I don't feel like I have any post flop edge with a mediocre hand and no fold equity against a calling station.

Check out your steal success percentage and see what it says, I'd be suprised if this number was below 50%. I dont think you are getting played back at as much as you think you are. Sometimes you'll have sessions where it happens a lot and you may just be running into hands or you have some aggros in the blinds. Most players just play thier game and dont adjust.

You can steal a lot more from the nittier players obv, you can raise any 2 there. Vs the stations high cards will generally do a bit better, since its not uncommon to flop top pair and jsut value bet the crap out of them, while they call with thier gutshots and runner runner draws. If you honestly think you have no fold equity then you should be able to easily get 2-3 streets of value

My c-bet% is obviously a bit low as well. Again, I have a fear of being played back at if I'm c-betting lots. I've been trying to pick the right flops (dry boards, low paired boards, etc.) rather than just blindly firing out a c-bet, but my % is still low. What's a good % to have in 25nl FR? I'm thinking 50-55% would be optimal? Thoughts would be appreciated.

If your cbetting and have little to no equity, there is no reason to be worried about getting played back at. I don't think that is the situation you may be referring to though. You'll probably make a little more money cbetting more often IMO.

Finally, my non-showdown winnings speak for themselves. It's quite a shame how much value I'm giving up post flop. This is the part of my game that needs work the most. Knowing when to call down, when to raise and protect hands (even if it's just TPGK), etc. I mentioned in a previous post that having non-showdown winnings going slightly down is pretty standard at the lowest levels, but I think at the level I am now, I can start to at least break-even in non-showdown pots instead of having a direct mirror image of my showdown winnings. My graph is ugly, but the point of this whole investigation is to turn things around and hopefully get a nice discussion on some of these leaks. Thanks in advance for the feedback, guys.

Edit: Just realized these stats and graph also include my 6-max hands at 25nl. Bah, after running the filter, the stats are still pretty damn close, so it shouldn't make that much of a difference when you're analyzing.

^^

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Richyl2008 said:
If you're cbetting and have little to no equity, there is no reason to be worried about getting played back at.

Explain please.

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think he just means it's easier to get away from the hand if you've got air and anything on the board beats you.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I suck at putting in volume again only 1k yesterday :( 15k on the month LOLLLLLLLLLL!!!!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what micro dudes have blogs? Apart from the ones I already have..

Be good to get some more blogs to read and to get regular updates from everybody.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what micro dudes have blogs? Apart from the ones I already have..

Be good to get some more blogs to read and to get regular updates from everybody.

I haven't updated mine for a looong time lol.

ATM though i'm sucking so bad i can barely motivate myself to play poker anymore at all, never mind motivating myself to write about how much i'm sucking!

Gone from $400 to $52 in the last few months b/c i've had to withdraw some funds to pay for wedding shit and that just hit the doomswitch for me, a blog update about me getting frustrated by 2nl retards wouldnt be very interesting imo.

I'm kinda floating around at the minute with no idea what to play, i'm not sure i have the mental strength to play 6max but i really like playing it, the ultimate love hate relationship, the swings are just brutal and wheres the fun in that lol its just some weird form of self torture.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Orange, the 60k vpp bonus for 1200 is worth more than your roll you better get to grindin' fool. Oh, I'm not making silver myself again this month either though. Stupid work, don't ppl know I needs to poker?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
shite yeah orange get grinding bro !! I am slacking this month due to exams but I have only made 3k vpps atm aswell!

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Orange, the 60k vpp bonus for 1200 is worth more than your roll you better get to grindin' fool. Oh, I'm not making silver myself again this month either though. Stupid work, don't ppl know I needs to poker?
Play some limit and rack in the VPPs?