*** May Micro Grinder Thread 2NL - 25NL ***

Steveg1976

Steveg1976

Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
when ya'll are talking about 2NL and 25NL and stuff what does that mean? is that the limits?

the number before nl is 100x the bb in the game being played. so 2nl is .01/.02, 25 nl is .10/.25.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stats look fine except for AF which is on the low side I guess.

Which is why ur losing quite a bit of money in NSD pots..
Try cbetting more Aesop.

aesopdurasic

aesopdurasic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Stats look fine except for AF which is on the low side I guess.

Which is why ur losing quite a bit of money in NSD pots..
Try cbetting more Aesop.
Hey thank enty for the imput. I will start to cbet more. the reason I stopped is because i was cbets a bunch of flops and would get myself into tough situations. Since i dont cbet so much now i am able to save money. i guess its all about picking the right flops to cbet. again thanks for the imput and will work on that.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Exactly. Cbetting is extremely profitable.
Just be aware that when they play back or just don't give up you don't start barreling too much. That was a leak in my game too.

Recognize that they usually have a hand if they raise and learn to read boards. It is often obvious when they have a cbet, when flop comes A59 and u have a tight image ur cbet will work a huge amount of times.

And that's a lot of free money.

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Running Cold as death now:( apparently i'm only allowed 10k hands of winning poker and then i'm doomed to repeat the enivatable set under set session after session 10k death sample....yay me:p

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I really havent noticed this thread before but I figured I am grinding the micro-limits i might as well post in here. I recently have been slowly building a BR playing 6max nl cash games. I am currently play at .01/.02 and my goal is to grind all the way up to 100 6 max nl. I believe this is a goal that i can accomplish within time.

That's an epic goal, and there's probably a lot of pros who don't have the discipline to do that. Good luck with it.

Plus, if you grind all the way up to 100NL no one can tell you you suck, because you'll know better. :D

S

SONIC589

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
That's an epic goal, and there's probably a lot of pros who don't have the discipline to do that. Good luck with it.

Plus, if you grind all the way up to 100NL no one can tell you you suck, because you'll know better. :D

yep! keep it up and eventually you'll get there...and when you do, you will be a solid player!!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

tbh I dont think it's "epic" I think its very reasonable if you are determined and study hard at learning the game and applying it to your own style.

My goal for 2009 was to go from 5NL - 100NL FR and its May now and I have been at 50NL for two months by the end of this month and we are only 5 months in.

You can do alot in a year tbh IMO.

ZackK19

ZackK19

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gotta Love chasers.........

*********** # 8 **************
pokerstars Game #28214289401: Hold'em No Limit ($0.01/$0.02) - 2009/05/15 4:15:38 ET
Table 'Burgi' 6-max Seat #3 is the button
Seat 2: silvadodga ($1.77 in chips)
Seat 3: Hopi73 ($1.27 in chips)
Seat 5: ZackK19 ($4.54 in chips)
Seat 6: AIR77777 ($2 in chips)
ZackK19: posts small blind $0.01
AIR77777: posts big blind $0.02
*** HOLE CARDS ***
Dealt to ZackK19 [As Ts]
silvadodga: calls $0.02
Hopi73: raises $0.02 to $0.04
ZackK19: calls $0.03
AIR77777: folds
silvadodga: calls $0.02
*** FLOP *** [Td Tc 7c]
ZackK19: checks
Josepe_81 was removed from the table for failing to post
silvadodga: bets $0.04
Hopi73: calls $0.04
ZackK19: raises $0.14 to $0.18
silvadodga: calls $0.14
gerard56_2 joins the table at seat #1
Hopi73: folds
*** TURN *** [Td Tc 7c] [Js]
ZackK19: bets $4.32 and is all-in
silvadodga: calls $1.55 and is all-in
Uncalled bet ($2.77) returned to ZackK19
*** RIVER *** [Td Tc 7c Js] [4s]
*** SHOW DOWN ***
ZackK19: shows [As Ts] (three of a kind, Tens)
silvadodga: mucks hand
ZackK19 collected $3.49 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot $3.64 | Rake $0.15
Board [Td Tc 7c Js 4s]
Seat 2: silvadodga mucked [Qc Kc]
Seat 3: Hopi73 (button) folded on the Flop
Seat 5: ZackK19 (small blind) showed [As Ts] and won ($3.49) with three of a kind, Tens
Seat 6: AIR77777 (big blind) folded before Flop

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yeah you definitely can accomplish that goal, as long as your committed to putting the time in on and off the tables. I've personally grinded through 10NL and 25NL, cashed out, then re-grinded back through 10NL and am about to bump up to 25NL again and this all started for me back in december. Keep your head on straight and you'll be fine:D I'll be pulling for ya!

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tbh I dont think it's "epic" I think its very reasonable if you are determined and study hard at learning the game and applying it to your own style.

I don't mean epic as if to say it's 'dragon-slaying'ly difficult. I mean, even a marginally good poker player could complete it, given enough time. What I mean is that completing it is epic, as it takes months or years of dedication and discipline. As far as poker goals go, this one has to be the biggie.

Everything else equal, I'd give someone who grinded from 2NL to 100NL more respect than, say, someone who won the wsop Main Event.

aesopdurasic

aesopdurasic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow today didnt start off very good for me. Played 521 hands and am down $9.31. Its almost 5 buy ins. I know 2 buy in were lost do to my poor judgment. calling when i should have been folding etc... But the rest was just horrible beat after beat. Its frustrating i feel like very few people at the .01/.02 take it serious. Its really frustrating when a UGT raise. His stats are just completely horrible. over about 45 hands. his VPIP is 92, pfr is 6, agg is 2.6. I am on the button and dealt AKs so i call. Maybe i should have reraise his flop comes 7 k 2. pretty dry flop. I bet he calls. Turn come a 10. I bet he raises. I call. rive comes a 2 i put in a small value bet and he raises i think for awhile and than call. to see i lost to 72os. Its so frustrating that i have been losing like that over and over to these ppl. I know in the long run i will stay winning with my style but i feel like its hard to play against pple who dont really value money and just go crazy with it. I know i will win in the end its just so frustrating. Has anybody ever felt like this. After that i lost 2 more buy ins do to just frustrated and not really focus. well i am going to stop for awhile and get refocused. I will keep you up dated on how i do overall to day. I feel like its just going to suck today.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just printed out 7 articles on:

• Value Betting
  • Check Raises
  • Isolating
  • Blocking Bets
  • Drawing
  • Table Selection
  • 3bet Pots

I am going to get my head down and ready to read the articles and study. Im ready to try and advance my game, take it to another level and become a better thinker when playing. 3bet article will be very very important to me as I simply am a very average/bad player in 3bet pots.

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow today didnt start off very good for me. Played 521 hands and am down $9.31. Its almost 5 buy ins. I know 2 buy in were lost do to my poor judgment. calling when i should have been folding etc... But the rest was just horrible beat after beat. Its frustrating i feel like very few people at the .01/.02 take it serious. Its really frustrating when a UGT raise. His stats are just completely horrible. over about 45 hands. his VPIP is 92, pfr is 6, agg is 2.6. I am on the button and dealt AKs so i call. Maybe i should have reraise his flop comes 7 k 2. pretty dry flop. I bet he calls. Turn come a 10. I bet he raises. I call. rive comes a 2 i put in a small value bet and he raises i think for awhile and than call. to see i lost to 72os. Its so frustrating that i have been losing like that over and over to these ppl. I know in the long run i will stay winning with my style but i feel like its hard to play against pple who dont really value money and just go crazy with it. I know i will win in the end its just so frustrating. Has anybody ever felt like this. After that i lost 2 more buy ins do to just frustrated and not really focus. well i am going to stop for awhile and get refocused. I will keep you up dated on how i do overall to day. I feel like its just going to suck today.

3-bet that hand pf every time!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

3bet Preflop, I believe you should be 3betting UTG raises up to 50nl on the button tbh. People have no idea of position at the micro's and dont work in ranges etc they just play their own cards.
TBH Im not sure but Id just shove turn at 2nl TPTK is pretty strong I think at 2nl but the main mistake was made preflop.

If you find yourself losing focus and your mental state affecting your game then simply quite and shut down tables, it will not be +EV for sure. Also its variance but try and suck it up and stay focused, you cant do anything about it now its gone. Take a break re focus and beat those donks up!

aesopdurasic

aesopdurasic

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If you find yourself losing focus and your mental state affecting your game then simply quite and shut down tables, it will not be +EV for sure. Also its variance but try and suck it up and stay focused, you cant do anything about it now its gone. Take a break re focus and beat those donks up!
Hey thanks for the comments. I knew i should have 3bet. My thoughts on this was that he has a wide range and i felt like he wasnt going to fold regardless and i have 3 bet him before and he just doesnt give up hands easy. I figured i will play him postflop and get him there. I just ran really unlucky. TBH i usually follow Ryan Fee's 6 max guide and 3 bet a lot from position but when faced with manics like that i always get into tough situations because i never really know if i a WA/WB due to the completley ridculous wide range. Its something that i will really work on. Thanks again every 1 for the comments.

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey thanks for the comments. I knew i should have 3bet. My thoughts on this was that he has a wide range and i felt like he wasnt going to fold regardless and i have 3 bet him before and he just doesnt give up hands easy. I figured i will play him postflop and get him there. I just ran really unlucky. TBH i usually follow Ryan Fee's 6 max guide and 3 bet a lot from position but when faced with manics like that i always get into tough situations because i never really know if i a WA/WB due to the completley ridculous wide range. Its something that i will really work on. Thanks again every 1 for the comments.

since his range is wide and you say he likes to continue with most hands thats the motivation to 3-bet

you get him to put more many in when hes likely behind, and hes bad so if you hit a hand it will be easy to get his stack in since the SPR is better

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just printed out 7 articles on:
  • Value Betting
  • Check Raises
  • Isolating
  • Blocking Bets
  • Drawing
  • Table Selection
  • 3bet Pots
I am going to get my head down and ready to read the articles and study. Im ready to try and advance my game, take it to another level and become a better thinker when playing. 3bet article will be very very important to me as I simply am a very average/bad player in 3bet pots.

Link to these articles?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
there on the other forum so not sure if I am able to post links tbh!

Take a look over there in the FR section!

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Alright, I guess it's time to get another discussion going, though my last attempt failed miserably. I'm going to volunteer myself as the case study for this one.

I'm currently playing 25nl FR, and things aren't going the best. While I'm absolutely certain that a large part of my losses have come from coolers and bad beats, I'm not going to say I don't have any leaks either. That being said, I'm going to post my graph and stats. Let's pick apart some of the things that we find that may be contributing to my lack of a win-rate.

theuglytruth25nlfrgraph.png

25nlfrstats.png

Looking at these stats, I've noticed several things that are big leaks in my game. The stat isn't in the image, but my W$WSF is 33.9. Not sure what to think of that. My WTSD% is quite low, and I'm thinking it suggests that I'm a bit weak-tight post flop. Additionally, my W$SD% is very high, which I'm guessing suggests that I'm usually only trying to take the nuts to the river, and not really extracting thinner value with more mediocre type hands. My 3-bet % is low, but I'm not sure if that is a huge leak at 25NL, since it's not really necessary to 3-bet light. I'm wondering if I should just 3-bet more in position though, although I'm unsure of what range of hands and against what opponents to do so with.

I'm also aware that my steal % is pretty low, but to be honest it just seems like EVERY time I try to steal I'm getting played back at. I'm probably just imagining things, but I'd also to hear thoughts on what types of villians are best to steal from. If I'm on the button and it's been folded to me and I'm looking down at Q4o, I'm generally just fold against a station that's in the small blind. Although I have position, I don't feel like I have any post flop edge with a mediocre hand and no fold equity against a calling station.

My c-bet% is obviously a bit low as well. Again, I have a fear of being played back at if I'm c-betting lots. I've been trying to pick the right flops (dry boards, low paired boards, etc.) rather than just blindly firing out a c-bet, but my % is still low. What's a good % to have in 25nl FR? I'm thinking 50-55% would be optimal? Thoughts would be appreciated.

Finally, my non-showdown winnings speak for themselves. It's quite a shame how much value I'm giving up post flop. This is the part of my game that needs work the most. Knowing when to call down, when to raise and protect hands (even if it's just TPGK), etc. I mentioned in a previous post that having non-showdown winnings going slightly down is pretty standard at the lowest levels, but I think at the level I am now, I can start to at least break-even in non-showdown pots instead of having a direct mirror image of my showdown winnings. My graph is ugly, but the point of this whole investigation is to turn things around and hopefully get a nice discussion on some of these leaks. Thanks in advance for the feedback, guys.

Edit: Just realized these stats and graph also include my 6-max hands at 25nl. Bah, after running the filter, the stats are still pretty damn close, so it shouldn't make that much of a difference when you're analyzing.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
will read after but we need stealing stats aswell please

holy cow!! steal 21% it should be at least 35 - 40 at 25nl IMO. Maybe try 3x from the BTN and SB if you are a 4x raiser from every other position but this is leaving a tonne of money on the tables. This is very villian dependent obvs you dont want LAGtards or fish on your left you want nits, TAGs or people who just keep on folding then you can adjust your ranges accordingly.
Flop Cbet should be roughly 50 - 60 I think but I mean it can vary from tables etc. You definately need to start thinking about what sort of flops to cbet on at 25NL as its a good warm up for 50nl where it gets important to do this. I mean players are generally weaker at 25nl from my experience so I think you can steal and 3bet alot more but thats just from my experience.
3betting is fine IMO in conjuction with your 14/10 style which was similar to mine at 25nl and I thought it worked out ok.

I would like to see positional or stealing stats please.

Last edited:
Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yes please dude

EDIT just put the report by position up but include the steal stat in that.