*** May Micro Grinder Thread 2NL - 25NL ***

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
have you ever been sweated by one of our members?

im sure it'd help see of your maybe messing up in a few spots or they'll say how well your doing and then you'll know this run is nothing but bad varience

edit: is your name casease21 and do you play at ftp?

No, my username on there is lukass48. A sweat would probably do me a lot of good. Not sure I have the right software installed for it but if someone is willing to sweat me for a session this weekend I definitely follow instructions well:) . If not I'll keep plugging along

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All the software you need is Skype + Teamviewer (or mikogo if you want to be difficult :p)

I'd do it but I don't know 6max well..
If anyone else wants a sweat up to 25nl FR (50nl if you want although my help will be somewhat limited) just send me a pm or ask here.
Available all weekend.

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm generally a FR player, so if your available Sunday about 8 est time, I would love to have you sweat me for 10NL. I'd prefer to do 25NL but I cashed out about 50% of my BR a few months back so been working my back up, 10NL will have to do. I have skype already, i'll work on getting teamviewer installed. I'll PM you my AIM info too. Thanks, hope your available:)

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good first day. I'm only playing 4-tables, because I'm paying close attention to my game. Up just over a buy-in in 250 hands, so decided to cut it short. Should be good if people keep playing against me like this:

pokerstars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($12.60)
UTG ($31.10)
Hero (MP1) ($24.85)
MP2 ($4.40)
CO ($14.70)
Button ($25.45)
SB ($25)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8
heart.gif
, 7
heart.gif

1 fold, Hero bets $0.75, 1 fold, CO raises to $1.25, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.85) 5
diamond.gif
, 5
heart.gif
, 7
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.85) 8
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $3.50, CO calls $3.50

River: ($12.85) 4
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $5, CO raises to $8.45 (All-In), Hero calls $3.45

Total pot: $29.75 | Rake: $1.45

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Good first day. I'm only playing 4-tables, because I'm paying close attention to my game. Up just over a buy-in in 250 hands, so decided to cut it short. Should be good if people keep playing against me like this:

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (7 handed) - Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com

BB ($12.60)
UTG ($31.10)
Hero (MP1) ($24.85)
MP2 ($4.40)
CO ($14.70)
Button ($25.45)
SB ($25)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 8
heart.gif
, 7
heart.gif

1 fold, Hero bets $0.75, 1 fold, CO raises to $1.25, 3 folds, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($2.85) 5
diamond.gif
, 5
heart.gif
, 7
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero checks, CO bets $1.50, Hero calls $1.50

Turn: ($5.85) 8
diamond.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $3.50, CO calls $3.50

River: ($12.85) 4
spade.gif
(2 players)
Hero bets $5, CO raises to $8.45 (All-In), Hero calls $3.45

Total pot: $29.75 | Rake: $1.45

pretty sure this call is atrocious on the river. Even the bet is bad. What range are you putting him on besides complete air that your beat? a 4?

like 99% of the time this is a ch/f

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
After two good sessions in a row, it's time for another shot at 25NL tomorrow night. Hopefully I continue to run like god long enough to at least get a decent foothold there. And I finally managed to get my 10NL winrate out of the crapper and up to a respectable 5PTBB/100.

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Officially in the GREEEEEEEN for May. First winning session in 5 days, thank goodness theres light at the end of the tunnel!:D This 1.7+ BI session felt like I just doubled my roll or something. Only took 12.1k hands to get back on track....*fingers crossed*

Just had to share this joyous occasion sorry!

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last 3 sessions at 2nl 6-max: down 2.5 bis, up 7.5 bis, down 2.5 bis. Biggest losses and biggest win ever. I guess 6-max is swingy. Almost all sessions previously were + or - 1.5 bis. What's going on?

dsvw56

dsvw56

I'm a Taurus
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Last 3 sessions at 2nl 6-max: down 2.5 bis, up 7.5 bis, down 2.5 bis. Biggest losses and biggest win ever. I guess 6-max is swingy. Almost all sessions previously were + or - 1.5 bis. What's going on?

ummm . . . standardaments?

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ummm . . . standardaments?

This.

I used to get bothered by 1 to 2 buy-in swings. You start to get used to them, plus wayyyyyy worse ones, especially playing 6-max.

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, I realize that this is pretty normal, but it isn't normal for me -- I think I must have changed something. Probably the fact that I haven't been folding as easily as before.

BTW, added the recommended stats to my HUD. Thank you everyone. Now I need to learn what to look for with those limpers.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BTW, added the recommended stats to my HUD. Thank you everyone. Now I need to learn what to look for with those limpers.

Raise em up a little, if they re-limp look for small pairs, suited connectors, and Axs.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Here is a breakdown of the stats. I should color code these but haven't gotten around to figuring out how they should look.

Get rid of half those stats and you'll be fine. At microstakes you don't get to play the same players often enough for most of these stats to converge anyway. Just keep the preflop, cbet and wtsd stats and dump the rest, imo.

Also, stacking 14 tables is not a proper way to learn this game. It's good to fight off tilt as you focus on decisions and don't see results, but unless you're fighting off tilt, seeing results is an important part of the game.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
River Value > Turn Value > Flop value. Why? Well because if you miss value on the flop, you have two streets to make up for it. So making your flop bets smaller is ok, because even if you miss some value, you can make it up on later streets with larger bets. Alternatively, missing value on the river is a disaster.

Yes and no. flop and turn bet sizing matters because it changes the size of the pot for later streets. You have to think about that when you bet those.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Think I am going to move up from 12 tabling to 14 tabling now and see how it goes. Didn't get off to a good start yesterday just could not hit anything or get paid off. Just one of those days tbh!

Today is revision from 1pm - 7pm and then pokahz!!!!

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow thats a lot of revision. I suck at revising, i always just do 2-4 hours the night before and try to wing it

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
pretty sure this call is atrocious on the river. Even the bet is bad. What range are you putting him on besides complete air that your beat? a 4?

like 99% of the time this is a ch/f

I thought the converter showed what he had, but it looks like it doesn't. Villain had A2, but this is obviously not a standard play. There was a bunch of history with this guy playing like this at the table. Should've mentioned that at the start.

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Correction: That was the hand I meant to post. This one is a textbook case of me not seeing the pair on the board, and playing as if I could beat an overpair. DeltaFrost is right. Don't play like this! :D

cardplayer52

cardplayer52

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how does sweating work exactly? do you just use IM and type in each hand? or is it different? i hear about it and don't really know how it works.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you use teamviewer or mikogo which are both pieces of software which enable you to view the other persons screen via pin codes and passwords. Then you use skype to discuss hands which is an online phone but for free or you can use an IM program.

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am back playing online again. I quit playing online for the longest time, I just thought I was unlucky. Turns out, I was just a bad player.
Let me explain, I have to set boundaries for my poker playing. In fact, I have come up with 10 commandments that I will live by when it comes to poker:

1. Thou shalt not play tired.
2. Thou shalt not get angry at bad beats or suckouts
3. Thou shalt not lose more than 15% of bankroll in one session
4. Thou shalt have the patience of a saint in cash games
5. Thou shalt not play on tilt
6. Thou shalt not chase after money lost
7. Thou shalt keep better notes
8. Thou shalt not play games above Bankroll
9. Thou shalt play less hands
10. Thou shalt bluff less often

Jurn8

Jurn8