*** May Micro Grinder Thread 2NL - 25NL ***

S

SONIC589

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just read through this thread and its a damn good little thread! I'm a SNG/MTT player but I've been playing around in the micro ring games lately and its been fun. I've never really been a cash player but I'm starting to think I could possibly be profitable at it. I'm gonna keep grinding and see how I do after 10,000 or so hands.

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3 Bet fold: 58.6%
3 Bet call: 34.9%

Honestly feel like my call will go down as I move up limits, so many crazies 3 bet all-in at micros.

PS. anyone else having trouble loading pokerstars? Stuck at downloading a update...sheesh

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3bet fold: 72%
3bet call: 15%
4bet range: 2.1%

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im done with 6max for a while atleast.
Geting sick of the swings and even if i find it more fun the FR i just dont think im cut out for it.
Still in the green at 5-10-25nl at 6max but this month has just been crushing my confidence :(.
Gonna try to get some one to sweat me since im pretty sure i suck at FR.....

Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sad to see you go Sindri. Just running bad or spewage this month?

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sad to see you go Sindri. Just running bad or spewage this month?
Running bad induced spewage.
Running bad and bunch of set ups KK<AA QQ<KK ect type hands, then yesterday i just spewed like never before stacked 99 on 257 board against a nit(even called his hand before i called but still didnt fold) and stuff like that.
Then i played some FR and even if i found it slow i didnt tilt at all.
Just gonna play FR add some tables and regain some confidence before heading back into the mine fields :).

Still kinda funny this has such an affect on me cause before this i was on a heater but one bumb in the road and all my confidence is gone, really need to work on this.

Last edited:
Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Running bad induced spewage.
Running bad and bunch of set ups KK<AA QQ<KK ect type hands, then yesterday i just spewed like never before stacked 99 on 257 board against a nit(even called his hand before i called but still didnt fold) and stuff like that.
Then i played some FR and even if i found it slow i didnt tilt at all.
Just gonna play FR add some tables and regain some confidence before heading back into the mine fields :).

Still kinda funny this has such an affect on me cause before this i was on a heater but one bumb in the road and all my confidence is gone, really need to work on this.

Bummer sindri, I know how you feel though I went through about a 11k stretch of hands the last week and a half where I was totally questioning my game. However, there is hope :) After reading Enty's article.....

https://www.cardschat.com/forum/learning-poker-57/how-get-basic-solid-winning-game-148730/

it really just re-hashed a lot of points I might have already known but wasn't as disciplined at following in the past(also helped dramatically with drastic swings). If your making the switch to FR then definitely read it, it really helped me and I've totally turned my game back around. Goodluck hope it helps!:D

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Havent played alot last couple days but seem to be settling nicly into FR.
Feel the need to add tables because of the slower action.
Only played 3 seasions but they where all profitable(not alot thou) so im happy, regaining some confidence helps.
Been playing some PL tables to avoid the shortys(or atleast play against the horrible PL SS).

oh and +1 for enty´s article beeing awsome :)

dropdead1

dropdead1

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Back to our discussion about value betting the river bigger.

Most of you guys seriously give your opponents WAY WAY WAY WAY too much credit. Every time you start thinking that your opponents go through the same thought process as you, please go read the "Online poker is rigged" thread to see how most of your opponents are going to be thinking about poker.

99% of people you face in the micros are not going to be thinking about ranges, or what certain lines mean, or figure out what different bet sizes mean. They go "I haz pair? I call" and that's the extent of it. The vast majority of the time, it will not matter if you bet 1/2pot, 2/3 pot, or 1.5x pot. If they are going to call 1/2pot, they probably would have called at least a full pot bet.

River Value > Turn Value > Flop value. Why? Well because if you miss value on the flop, you have two streets to make up for it. So making your flop bets smaller is ok, because even if you miss some value, you can make it up on later streets with larger bets. Alternatively, missing value on the river is a disaster.

aaarggghhhh I have just spent a few hours looking for this post....I read it last night and it made quite an impact on me but felt that I needed to read it again and could not find it...lol... but now that I have responded here, I should be able to find it in my user CP.

Great advice and really helped me while playing a $1 sit and go on tilt last night! The first 2 paragraphs are going to take me far as I have always assumed the worst when playing and if someone raises have thought that they have the goods, but fkkkkkkkk what a joke....I decided to give this a try last night and called some of these cowboys and half the time they were hitting with nothing and I won the hand!

Now that I look at it from the perspective of giving them too much credit, it makes a huge difference!

Thanx - great post!

P

pocketjackers

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Me at 25nl

Today was my second try at 25nl. The first time I stacked QQ v AA and dropped a buy in. This time I ended down $4. It might have been the slowest session I have ever played. Played for about an hour with nothing happening at all. Though I did implement more stealing in position, I didn't get any money out of my few big hands. My stats were 14/8 for the session I believe. Any tips for 25nl?

dufferdevon

dufferdevon

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would suggest switching tables, frequently. Find a losse, aggressive table or tables and just wait for those premium hands and take them to valuetown.

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Saw the craziest thing last night at 10NL FR. Villian was playing 1 table and was on my left the whole night. Any time I raised in position (button/cutoff) he 3-bet me every time. Every time I 3-bet in a pot he would 4-bet me everytime, and his 4-bets were rather light. By the end of the first hour he had 3-bet me 5 times, and 4-bet me 6. I've never seen this kind of play at 10NL or even 25NL for that matter. Still trying to determine if he was that good or just that reckless....was interesting to say the least:rolleyes: (ended up just leaving to save the frustration)

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Saw the craziest thing last night at 10NL FR. Villian was playing 1 table and was on my left the whole night. Any time I raised in position (button/cutoff) he 3-bet me every time. Every time I 3-bet in a pot he would 4-bet me everytime, and his 4-bets were rather light. By the end of the first hour he had 3-bet me 5 times, and 4-bet me 6. I've never seen this kind of play at 10NL or even 25NL for that matter. Still trying to determine if he was that good or just that reckless....was interesting to say the least:rolleyes: (ended up just leaving to save the frustration)

His notes probably say "folds well to 3 bets and 4 bets"

Last time I noted someone doing that at 25nl I waited for a better hand than usual, ATo, and 4 bet his 3 bet from the blinds and he folded.

Either play back at his playing back, or yeah, find an easier table. In the aforementioned example I stayed at that one waiting for the opportunity to do what I did to see how he would react.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
did you fold each time you 3bet? If so, stop 3betting light when you have someone doing that behind you

Caseace48

Caseace48

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mixed it up, and played back at him twice 1 time it worked 1 time it didnt. Never slowed him down though lol, I'm not too concerned right now but I know i'll need to learn how to adjust better at the higher limits when this becomes more common. The odd part was I had never played a session with him since i got Holdem Manager 4 months ago, so his notes couldnt of been too detailed. Was just amazed to see that kind of play at 10NL :eek: . I'll try those suggested adjustments next time though, thanks!

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I mixed it up, and played back at him twice 1 time it worked 1 time it didnt. Never slowed him down though lol, I'm not too concerned right now but I know i'll need to learn how to adjust better at the higher limits when this becomes more common. The odd part was I had never played a session with him since i got Holdem Manager 4 months ago, so his notes couldnt of been too detailed. Was just amazed to see that kind of play at 10NL :eek: . I'll try those suggested adjustments next time though, thanks!
Did his screen name begin with a M?

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Goals for this month are:
- Play ONLY 10nl FR, NO 6MAX!
- Play at least 25k hands.
- Make silver with the new stars thing goin on...

You already worked out fpp/100 so guess you plan on moving to 25nl before end of month because 25k hands won't get that crazy bonus at 10nl.

So much for my headstart on the race to silver, I've played 2k hands so far. I'll need to average 2k/day here on out (or just move up), unlikely as I'll be away again next week. Off to play 4k this weekend though...

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking for feedback please - this is filtered for 50NL 6max (I also play 25NL, my stats are slightly more aggressive there). Would love to figure out why after 9K hands my non-sd line drops like a rock. Sorry to be dense in advance, I asked something like this in February. Thanks

Attachments

• showdown.jpg
    showdown.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 20
  • stats.jpg
    stats.jpg
    38 KB · Views: 20
  • position stats.jpg
    position stats.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 20
Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looking for feedback please - this is filtered for 50NL 6max (I also play 25NL, my stats are slightly more aggressive there). Would love to figure out why after 9K hands my non-sd line drops like a rock. Sorry to be dense in advance, I asked something like this in February. Thanks

cbet%? turn cbet%?

The stats look ok except ATS might be a little low. Honestly I wouldnt worry about it, its the style you play and its profitable. My redline is always either down or B/E because players start playing back more.

PokerVic

PokerVic

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Still adjusting to the change in play from 10NL to 25NL. I was running bad and playing worse, but a good session today wiped my losses for the month. 2600 hands in, I'm running at a measly 0.96 PTBB/100, but at least I'm finally in the black. :)

After rereading some of this thread, I know that I'm definitely losing value on the river. In a lot of my big pots, I'll check the river OOP, even with a hand that is likely good. In some cases, it works because my opponent will fire with nothing, but more often he'll check behind with a hand that would likely stand up to another bet. I guess all the trappers at 25NL have left me a little gun-shy firing the third barrel with TPTK or similar.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Steal more, from SB as well.
Opening up more in general couldn't hurt I guess. If you are really uncomfortable with playing like this.

I mean I basically run 16/12 on FR so you are pretty tight for 6max.
But it seems to be working 3BB/100 is a decent winrate..

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Well, you are playing a showdown style. There's nothing wrong with that though Since you play so tight you usually have strong hands. Im kinda suprised your AF is as low as it is with those stats. Make sure your value betting well. Inducing bluffs/bluffcatching is usually overrated, most players are not bluffing that much. How well you value bet the river should have a pretty decent effect on your nsd line. Fwiw if you shoved every river your red line will go straight up (not that i suggest you do that ) Pick your cbet spots well, realize boards where it could be a mistake to cbet a flop w/out at least cbetting the turn as well, like if his range could include a ton of draws and the turn bricks those. (If you cbet the flop 80% and the turn 20% your hanging a lot of money out to dry)Find spots where you can isolate someone who folds a lot to cbets with a wide range where your cards dont matter. I dont know if any of this helps or if it even applies to you since the stats don't tell the whole story. Just a few things to think about.