How to play QQ?

K

korbal29

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play QQ just like I play AA and KK, for me to throw away QQ preflop I have to be in final table of a big tournament and I am playing against an extremely tight palyer who I know from his plays have AA

manzanillo53

manzanillo53

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I like pocket pairs but with my luck, I play them all with caution. I have learned to 3 or 4 bet and see the flop. No K or A, then step it up with 3/4 the pot bet.

_L0ntana

_L0ntana

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Interesting!

Play it with caution QQ
I like pocket pairs but with my luck, I play them all with caution. I have learned to 3 or 4 bet and see the flop. No K or A, then step it up with 3/4 the pot bet.

messats

messats

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
LC
Chips
good afternoon folks. and press mine or it's hard until it folds. lol Ultimately, I'm less likely to play with QQ than with any other card. many hands are lost with a pair of ladies in hand. it's not easy. and in your opinion my dear colleagues

the thing is all premium hands are difficult to play because they could get cracked and if you lack experience it will be difficult for you as a player to get away from.

to day on pokerstars twitch i watch a pro player fold AA preflop before the bubble that's tuff lol. when i listened to his explanation it seemed justifiable, because preflop there is a twenty percent chance he could lose and that's a lot when you think about poker outcomes.

hope this scenario helps solidify your thoughts

M

Malloryd

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Although many times it ends badly, I can’t help but go all in. Usually it’s beat by an A3 :cool:

R

Rabberto71

Rock Star
Platinum Level
Total posts
Chips
The amount of times I see qq beaten on an all in by a n ace should teach me that all in is not the way to play them but I know I just won’t be able to help myself when the time comes:confused:

scobido

scobido

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
It depends on the position at the table, but most of the time only on the turn do I make a decision to play, if I get there.

B

booosteeer23

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Pocket queens are top pair and you should always play aggressively and open with 3-bets!

G

glebchekotin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Check flop and wait for your opponent's reaction on it. So play it as a usuall pair

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
is true

This thread reminds me a lot of my tournament yesterday, where on several occasions I had QQ in hand, the first 2 times the plays were positive, but at the moment where things got interesting, I played QQ all in, and I ruined a trio of 4 ... it's a good hand, depending on when you find it, but it's still a double-edged sword

it's true i've noticed that too. according to the comments of our colleagues, this is because of the bubble, in the beginning it is a game in the middle another and near the end another, studying in their comments has helped me a lot to have some itm, and I have a question of reading and answering every comment because with them i'm going beyond what i expected, i'm already a fan of this cardchat forum card. the best of the best

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
t happened to me

I once got a QQ, on the flop there was another Q and that triggered me to go all in. One player called and got the straight on the river. Damn...

it happened to me too. now i study the probabilities a lot, i take into consideration what is on the table, how many people in the play, who called out and many other things. all this putting into practice what I’m learning from our friends here in the topic

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

Spannerdeth

Spannerdeth

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In cash games I'd try and whittle the players down heads up preflop by betting over the top. Occasionally you run into KK or AA but you should win most of the time with them.

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I liked the advice a lot

If I open from UTG, then I raise by 2 blinds, if someone after me makes a re-raise, then I call. And then I play according to the situation.

If I'm in the small or big blind, or on the button, then I 3-bet to show the strength of my hand.

I think this is a pretty strong hand and should be played hard. But a pair of jacks is an average card, I am already playing it like any other pair below the queens

I liked the advice a lot, I have put this into practice, several here have commented on this and I have had more success with my QQ, now, JJ very rarely won with them, but I am applying the same methodology

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the great tips

I can't express enough the importance of pre-flop play. I first take some things into consideration: Trny or ring game, the buy-in limit, number of players, position, and stack size. If I'm utg thru 3rd seat w/an avg stack then I'll throw out at least a bet of 3xBB. Mid pos will induce a slightly higher bet. In late pos to the button, (that is if no other bets have been placed) a bet 2.5-3xBB. If I have a nice stack in the top 10 then I might be shoving in some spots.
It depends on who or what's behind me, as well. An intimidating player/stack to my left may lead me to tank a bit just to get a better perspective. If a plyr calls I can usually put them on a small range of hands and go from there. But I would never fold QQ pre-flop unless I'm short-stacked near the $-bubble.
If I'm in a ring game then it's usually tit for tat, approach the flop a little more cautiously say 2.25-3xBB. In most cases when a plyr calls your bet, trny or cash, they have a small ace or connectors like J9, KJ, 10-9, often suited. More ballsy plyrs will call w/small pairs or 98, 87, 76, you get the idea.
If I get raised then I'll probably just call, depending on my stack size, and let the flop fill in the gaps. If I'm short-stacked, (less than 15 BB's) then I'm shoving. GL :qs4: :qc4:

It is true, well observed the points you made, I am dedicating a good time to put these observations in my games, but I still let some pass by, but I have already improved a lot with the help of everyone here. thank you for the tips

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
true

in tournaments QQ is an easy play when it comes to preflop . reraise as much and often as possible

in cash games it is a bit different

actually agree with that point

manuela2910

manuela2910

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
good afternoon folks. and press mine or it's hard until it folds. lol Ultimately, I'm less likely to play with QQ than with any other card. many hands are lost with a pair of ladies in hand. it's not easy. and in your opinion my dear colleagues

All in and hope to win.

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
incredible the question and the answers

Você desistiria de QQ pré-flop na bolha de um torneio satélite? Porque essa mesma situação aconteceu comigo algumas semanas atrás, quando eu estava jogando um Satellite Million Satellite. 36 lugares estavam sendo concedidos, estávamos a 4 de ser finalizados. Eu estava sentado em 21 ou 22 em fichas quando peguei essa mão em posição intermediária. Eu desisti sem pensar duas vezes. Como o prêmio era o mesmo para todos no torneio, eu tinha muitas fichas e não corria muito risco de bolha, não tinha razão para comprometer fichas no pote.

Não necessariamente - você pode jogar bem qualquer mão e perder, mas isso não significa que a jogou mal. Por exemplo, você flopou um set de damas e seu oponente está comprometendo todas as suas fichas em um empate e eles acertam. Isso não significa que você jogou mal a mão.

Você fez um bom comentário sobre a bolha. Veja o que postei acima sobre minha própria situação na bolha de um torneio satélite. Parece que você também levaria isso em consideração. Boa ideia !!!

ótima pergunta com ótimas respostas, Eu concordo com os nossos amigos lá, porque se você tivesse tantas fichas eu teria pelo menos pago para ver, porque você mesmo disse que eram 4 jogadores disso, então a probabilidade de seu oponente pagar um pós-flop é mínima, então Eu teria arriscado, pelo menos ver o flop. Espero que isto ajude. e obrigado por compartilhar

voljare1234

voljare1234

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I never make big money if I have the same hand, I'd rather wait for the right opportunity, so the payout is bigger.