How to play QQ?

KRANKES

KRANKES

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
When I am first I bet, when there is a bet I call. K or A on the flop and a bet and I'm out...

S

samuri

Visionary
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
today

I played an ace king with an all in utg and the HJ called with J 7 off suit and lost so there is not really anyway you can choose how to play QQ because some just play any card. I also found something strange. I was play 888 and when I hovered over every ones name to see where they were from and the person that went all in with J 7 off suit had no indication where they were from it just had a '0" under there name for location. all others were from canada Russia Uruguay and other areas. Did you ever see that?

S

Sabrinaamoura

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All lose

our alive losing with QQ too. if it comes in the hand I will go all in

marianexbj

marianexbj

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it's the third best matching hand in the deck, it's a premium. Clearly they won't always win, but there is no hand that has that guarantee. It is important to know how to identify rivals' ranks, specific tournament situations or cash tables. Still most of the time I would love to be able to finish there with QQ. many worse combinations can pay off and we will be ahead. To give hard to the study. regards

lcid86

lcid86

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I should just fold the ladies. Losing more with qq than with JJ lately... Variance sucks when it is against you!

S

samsonand

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would play it with an all in because if it did not give a greater option to form more defeats

63burner

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Just be careful.. QQ is a better version of JJ

QQ, semi-premium that it is, should be carefully played. Make sure you have the stack and position for a loss. After you analyze your opponents, be ready for action, but not swift, drastic action. Have to remember you are dog to AA, KK, and high connectors and suited hands to dodge.
The lower probability of flush and straight draws makes QQ tough to play if you don't hit trips.

I personally haven't had huge success with QQ, so I use a wait and see viewpoint. QQ is a better version of JJ, the ultimate bad semi-premium hand.

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
interesting

I understand where you're coming from here. Pocket queens are usually considered to be the one of the worst premium hands (second only to AK and possibly JJ). however, that doesn't mean that pocket queens are a bad hand to play. If you can manage to go head to head with only one other opponent - likely by three or four betting preflop, you're much less likely to run into hands such as 88 which could hit a set and ruin your hand. It's never a guarantee that you're going to win, but you should be playing queens almost all the time. They are a really strong hand that deserve to be played.

your comment is very interesting. and it makes total sense. I will start to observe these points you made and use this to my advantage. thanks for the tip

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for your opinion my friend

There is never a guarantee to win with any starting hand and that is beautiful in poker (remember the AAvsAA 1 million final live tournament and a flush for one player, both of them were all in). Coming back to the point, I should never fold QQ pre flop (even if we have to go all in), the flop can light up the rest of the game. We always have to take into account that it may lose us but in my opinion QQ is a good hand to play.

thanks for your opinion my friend. because I have learned a lot from your comments. Yes, I agree. because I always liked to play with QQ, but that specific day was not my day, I lost about 3 hands with QQ, lol but I am learning every day with you here. thank you

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thanks for the advice

Although QQ is not strong as AA or KK, it is still a very strong hand. At pre-flop, it is enough strong to make a 3bet and play full stack if your stack is short and opponents are not very very tight. You may lose when the opponents have Ax or Kx and the flop turns A or K but poker is a gambling game, QQ is stronger than many hands except AA/KK and a bit stronger than AK, it's worthy to invest your stack. At post-flop, if the flop turns A or K, your QQ is a mid-hand so pot control is a simple play you can use and QQ is still foldable if the opponents are tight, never bluff or it's a multiway pot.

OK. truth. I have rushed a lot with QQ in my moves, since the day I lost with QQ and posted here, I have put all of you’s councils in practice and I could see that most of the time the error is not on the cards but on the player who is with them, thanks for the advice

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good advice

QQ doesn't guarantee a win pre-flop, always someone can have a K or A and we're back, propose to raise slightly pre-flop, if the flop is Q and we have a set, I play a raise check. when someone checks the turn, I play 1/4 or 1/2 poly. on river all in. and depending on the cards on the table, I hope that someone has no straight :)

I have been playing some hands based on this advice, and I have really improved my earnings, joining your tips with that of other friends, I am having better performance with QQ. thank you

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
true

Chances loose concept.QQ really strong hand,but any other hand like 99 can hit QQ.It's definitely not worth playing through all-in.

I am actually learning to play better with them, after all the tips from you all thank you

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I understand you

Bem, você mesmo respondeu sua própria pergunta, dizendo que há poucas chances ... Eu o aconselho a fazer uma aposta pequena e nada mais com um par de mão, mas é melhor pegar um set :icon_thum[/CITAR]

verdade eu aprendi da pior maneira possível naquele dia. ri muito mas já estou melhor com seus conselhos. obrigado

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tanx

Dont go all in preflop in tourneys
Bet a reasonable amount preflop and evaluate after flop is shown

ok. now i'm putting the tip of you into practice and i'm satisfied with the results. thank you

sara maria

sara maria

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
As you said well, it is very difficult to play that hand, I prefer to play all in since there is a very good probability that I will win that hand, because if you only check you can win with double pair low cards 69 87 it is preferable to risk losing ;)

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
said everything

I think you need to consider many components, but in most cases, with such a hand I play aggressively. I think it is a strong enough hand, and if you often lose with that hand, then you are obviously doing something wrong.

said everything. i was playing totally wrong. now I am having success with them thanks to the tips of our friends here

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank u

Mão forte. Jogue como apropriado, 2.x raise, jogue mais longe do flop como uma opção. As opções são muitas, tudo depende da situação do jogo, é importante encontrar a dobra certa se algo der errado.

now i'm getting more out of every move. evolves a lot these days. Thank you for the advice

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
true

I play QQ aggressively, I avoid giving my opponents free cards, I always pay attention to the board, any different card makes me review the strength of my hand, I always try to pay attention to opponents, and if necessary, I leave the hand.

truth. I'm adapting to play like that too, thanks for the advice

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok

This is the worst premium hand ever. But they also win and have the right to play. Another thing is how to play them in order to reduce losses and increase value. All this is written in many books, I just fulfill the requirements of the theory.

in fact it can evolve or eliminate us, I learned a lot from you here to play better with them. thank you

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thank you very much

In any position BET preflop + continuation, and if someone to raise, I go allin, or call some allin. But it depends on where the bubble is.

I agree, I am in the process of learning about the bubble, if you can give me any advice on, I will be grateful. then I'll even play in question on the forum, because I need to evolve in this aspect

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol

I create a thread on exactly the same topic a little while ago. I almost hate getting this hand. Just cant seem to win with it. Its definitely got a hex over me at the moment.

lol I thought that too, but after taking a look at the comments of our friends here on this topic, it evolves a lot with them, and I am truly very grateful to everyone who gave me the advice

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ok. tanx

Pague qualquer aposta no início, no flop se A ou K vier, desista da mão se vier uma grande aposta.

ok. obrigada pelo conselho amigo, evoluí muito com as dicas