How to play QQ?

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
tanxs

Quite simply, QQ is the third best starting hand preflop. And so you should almost always aim to raise with her, which means playing either an open-raise (2.5-3bb) or a 3-bet. It is not easy to fold QQ preflop, but it will be a good decision if you clearly feel that by the nature of the bets your opponent is most likely holding KK or AA.

truth. I agree, after these glasses of mine with QQ. I posted this topic that helped me a lot to evolve with the tips from you. thank you all

ZPfBTNanAAAAAElFTkSuQmCC

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)]
[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.54)][/COLOR]

[/COLOR]

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
right

When I am first I bet, when there is a bet I call. K or A on the flop and a bet and I'm out...

right. I will start doing that too. Thank you for the advice

D

darkryanx22

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This thread reminds me a lot of my tournament yesterday, where on several occasions I had QQ in hand, the first 2 times the plays were positive, but at the moment where things got interesting, I played QQ all in, and I ruined a trio of 4 ... it's a good hand, depending on when you find it, but it's still a double-edged sword

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very complicated indeed

I played an ace king with an all in utg and the HJ called with J 7 off suit and lost so there is not really anyway you can choose how to play QQ because some just play any card. I also found something strange. I was play 888 and when I hovered over every ones name to see where they were from and the person that went all in with J 7 off suit had no indication where they were from it just had a '0" under there name for location. all others were from Canada Russia Uruguay and other areas. Did you ever see that?

very complicated indeed. it was thanks to the comments and tips from the guys here that I'm trying to perform better with QQ. it's not easy to lose to j7, so I changed my style of play

A

Arvindhr74

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I once got a QQ, on the flop there was another Q and that triggered me to go all in. One player called and got the straight on the river. Damn...

soLdaTeS88

soLdaTeS88

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If I open from UTG, then I raise by 2 blinds, if someone after me makes a re-raise, then I call. And then I play according to the situation.

If I'm in the small or big blind, or on the button, then I 3-bet to show the strength of my hand.

I think this is a pretty strong hand and should be played hard. But a pair of jacks is an average card, I am already playing it like any other pair below the queens

takinitSLEAZEE

takinitSLEAZEE

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
I can't express enough the importance of pre-flop play. I first take some things into consideration: Trny or ring game, the buy-in limit, number of players, position, and stack size. If I'm utg thru 3rd seat w/an avg stack then I'll throw out at least a bet of 3xBB. Mid pos will induce a slightly higher bet. In late pos to the button, (that is if no other bets have been placed) a bet 2.5-3xBB. If I have a nice stack in the top 10 then I might be shoving in some spots.
It depends on who or what's behind me, as well. An intimidating player/stack to my left may lead me to tank a bit just to get a better perspective. If a plyr calls I can usually put them on a small range of hands and go from there. But I would never fold QQ pre-flop unless I'm short-stacked near the $-bubble.
If I'm in a ring game then it's usually tit for tat, approach the flop a little more cautiously say 2.25-3xBB. In most cases when a plyr calls your bet, trny or cash, they have a small ace or connectors like J9, KJ, 10-9, often suited. More ballsy plyrs will call w/small pairs or 98, 87, 76, you get the idea.
If I get raised then I'll probably just call, depending on my stack size, and let the flop fill in the gaps. If I'm short-stacked, (less than 15 BB's) then I'm shoving. GL :qs4: :qc4:

Baldy86

Baldy86

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
in tournaments QQ is an easy play when it comes to preflop . reraise as much and often as possible

in cash games it is a bit different

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I did that a lot too

our alive losing with QQ too. if it comes in the hand I will go all in

I did that a lot too. but with the tip and comments from the forum here, I have evolved and changed my way of playing a lot. but I still go all-in. just to not lose the custome. lol

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am grateful to you

I think it's the third best matching hand in the deck, it's a premium. Clearly they won't always win, but there is no hand that has that guarantee. It is important to know how to identify rivals' ranks, specific tournament situations or cash tables. Still most of the time I would love to be able to finish there with QQ. many worse combinations can pay off and we will be ahead. To give hard to the study. regards

thanks for the advice my friend. I have really used the comments of all of you a lot in my plays and this is a great learning experience. so yes, study helps a lot. I am grateful to you

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
yeah

I should just fold the ladies. Losing more with qq than with JJ lately... Variance sucks when it is against you!

Yeah! now i'm getting more attentive and playing with tips from friends here in the topic

Shumkoolie

Shumkoolie

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
There is never a guarantee to win with any starting hand and that is beautiful in poker (remember the AAvsAA 1 million final live tournament and a flush for one player, both of them were all in). Coming back to the point, I should never fold QQ pre flop (even if we have to go all in), the flop can light up the rest of the game. We always have to take into account that it may lose us but in my opinion QQ is a good hand to play.

Would you fold QQ pre-flop on the bubble of a satellite tournament? Because I had that exact situation happen to me a couple of weeks ago, when I was playing a Sunday Million Satellite. 36 seats were being awarded, we were 4 away from being finished. I was sitting about 21st or 22nd in chips when I got this hand in middle position. I folded without giving it a second thought. Since the prize was the same for everyone in the tournament, and I had plenty of chips and was not in much danger to bubble, I had no reason to commit any chips into the pot.

I think you need to consider many components, but in most cases, with such a hand I play aggressively. I think it is a strong enough hand, and if you often lose with that hand, then you are obviously doing something wrong.

Not necessarily - you can play any hand well and lose, but that doesn't mean you played it badly. For example, you flop a set of Queens and your opponent is committing all their chips on a draw and they get there. That doesn't mean that you played the hand badly.

In any position BET preflop + continuation, and if someone to raise, I go allin, or call some allin. But it depends on where the bubble is.

Good point you made about the bubble. See what I posted above about my own situation on the bubble of a satellite tournament. It sounds like you would take that into consideration too. Good thinking!!!

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thought too

I would play it with an all in because if it did not give a greater option to form more defeats

thought too. but now I only do that if I’m at most against two players. because I've been studying the comments of friends here, and I realized that it really works better if we manage the situation better. I am grateful to all comments

danoscar

danoscar

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello.

On the subject of how to play QQ (Please don't try this at home) LOL

For me, it depends on the flop. If an ace or king flops, for example, and a player gets crazy I am very aware of what they most likely have. If the cards are all the same suit, same thing. If the flop is a "wet" flop, I am well aware of what a player may have and watch the others' actions. If I am playing online, I have to watch for tricky algorithms. I have seen a number of times where 3 people have great pairs at one time. I have seen where getting near a break or near the money some odd things happen, eliminating players. Both players having awesome hands. I have seen where nearing the end of a tournament, no matter what, the person with the largest bank eliminates players....etc.

Please do not get me wrong. I love playing online. I do feel, whether logically or illogically, that not only am I playing against another player, but also against the algorithms of a brilliantly engineered software program. You see, as long as I realize that those do exist and it is not some fowl ploy by God knows what people think, I am OK with it.

It is playing against two things: the player & the algos. Whether I may seem to have lost my mind or not, that thinking has helped my game loads!

Cheers!

A

alge0815

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like pocket QQs very much. Especially when on the flop are just low cards. Then I try to raise a bit higher than normal to get others to fold and prevent to see the turn/river card an A/K.

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
JJ

QQ, semi-premium que é, deve ser reproduzido com cuidado. Certifique-se de ter a pilha e a posição para uma perda. Depois de analisar seus oponentes, esteja pronto para a ação, mas não uma ação rápida e drástica. Lembre-se de que você é um cão para AA, KK e conectores altos e mãos adequadas para se esquivar.
A probabilidade mais baixa de flush e straight draws torna QQ difícil de jogar se você não acertar uma trinca.

Eu, pessoalmente, não tive muito sucesso com o QQ, então eu uso esperar para ver o ponto de vista. QQ é uma versão melhor de JJ, a melhor mão semi-premium ruim.

Na verdade, demorei muito para aprender isso também, perdi muito com o JJ. agora, se necessário, até corro com JJ na mão, dependendo dos oponentes e da mão em questão. Evoluo a cada dia com a dica de você meu amigo. obrigado pelo conselho e feedback

gaarsiass

gaarsiass

Rock Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
PL
Chips
Would you fold QQ pre-flop on the bubble of a satellite tournament? Because I had that exact situation happen to me a couple of weeks ago, when I was playing a Sunday Million Satellite. 36 seats were being awarded, we were 4 away from being finished. I was sitting about 21st or 22nd in chips when I got this hand in middle position. I folded without giving it a second thought. Since the prize was the same for everyone in the tournament, and I had plenty of chips and was not in much danger to bubble, I had no reason to commit any chips into the pot.

Not necessarily - you can play any hand well and lose, but that doesn't mean you played it badly. For example, you flop a set of Queens and your opponent is committing all their chips on a draw and they get there. That doesn't mean that you played the hand badly.

Good point you made about the bubble. See what I posted above about my own situation on the bubble of a satellite tournament. It sounds like you would take that into consideration too. Good thinking!!!

Here you are right about satellite tournaments. If you are in a comfort with chips, a decent stack doesn't make sense to play any hand, be it QQ or even AA, you are playing for the ticket, in this case 36 people are winning, then folding is a good decision. Good correction !!

S

Snake2007

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I play QQ with an all in no matter the position or time of the tournament.

B

Brunokeskara

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree, but...

As you said well, it is very difficult to play that hand, I prefer to play all in since there is a very good probability that I will win that hand, because if you only check you can win with double pair low cards 69 87 it is preferable to risk losing ;)

I agree, but nowadays for me to go depends a lot on how many chips my opponent has and how many people are going to participate in the play, to be able to see the probability of winning, now if I am by far the strongest there I will go pre-flop because I'm already in profit. this is my humble opinion, i still have a lot to learn, and i am learning a lot with all of you, i hope i can help as you are helping me.

Alexander Rubcov

Alexander Rubcov

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I call this hand ,we can get into a set, or we can run into trouble against KK, AA, AK, Ah