How to play premium hands?

razshahan

razshahan

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
always be aggressive with AA pre flop & post flop, AA is just a pair, so sometimes learn to fold them :D

P

PinkTriangle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Get to the river or turn for the cheapest you can.. But know your situation and change your strategy based on the play styles of those around you...Not sure why everyone here thinks there is a single correct way to play a hand. I make money off of people with that mentality daily.. Don;t be so obvious.. If you bet aggressive before the flop but you've been sitting there all conservative the majority of the time.. I'm just gonna fold and only let you have my blind or call.. bluffing or not.. I don't care about blinds You never sit at a table that the blind is a blow to your bankroll. Ill just wait till I get the bullets and when you try to all in with 44 at the end Ill take your chips.. simple effective.. done.

You can win 25 hands on me before I finally get you but when I get you I'm doubled up and your bust. Just consider that.

Last edited:
eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
the best advice i think is: try to put all the chips in the middle with aa
sometimes you will loose but in the longterm its tha best you can do

R

ravpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to play aggressively pre flop. Raise, 3bet,4bet etc. Pre flop... remember that Aces to not always win. C-bet is good option but it depends how many players play and from what is on the flop. If u hit nice flop (rainbow with no chance to straight) try to value this hand

P

PinkTriangle

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
First off... players who constantly bet and play aggressive have the similar odds as people who play conservatively by the time you get to showdown.
Also if you're looking for a be all end all strategy.. there is none.
You need to have broad range of tricks in your bag, and use them according to the players style and chipstack who surround you.

PreFlop:
The most advantageous play with Bullets is to check or limp...
Here is why:

1) It costs less for you to play your hand

2) More people are likely to call.. If you're at a table of 5 and 4 people call that's
5 to 10 times your stakes.. <which in theory is 10 more hands for you to play
"The quality of life (your life at a table) is better then your income"!
Someone who makes a million dollars a year but dies in 4 weeks hasn't made more then someone who makes 20k a year and lived 70 years right?
You get that point.

Know when to fold :
You have to look at the cards on the table and decide whether or not your AA is still the best hand for every card that flips over.
Give people the opportunity to make a lesser pair then you.. Make it to the river.

Showdown:
If they limp at the end.. give a healthy bet.

You shouldn't put yourself all in with a pair ever (unless you're scraping with a short stack_ which you shouldn't be if you have been playing right up to this hand).

A tiny pot vs a huge pot? If AA is the best hand you could hope for then you aren't playing hold'em. AA is the best hole cards preflop sure.. but 2277 is better.

Long story short.. I don't care if you have AA or 27 Hold'em is a 5 card game.

Special occasions:

If there's only one person playing against your hand who is short stacked (put their ass all in) bust them if you can (if not oh well it's not a huge dent in your stack, brush it off cry a little whatever ).

Last edited:
es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Regret not change anything, you better make a note on the player and move on. need to know how you were playing, because if you're playing poorly, or not connecting to the position showing any two cards, a pair of 99 is playable, but these situations occur in the game, do not these things in mind, forgets and opens another table.

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I just got it all in with AA only to be called by QJs, when I saw his cards I was happy, but when I saw the QQ7 flop I became very unhappy.

My point is that if you get it in good sometimes you lose.

P

psychoiticmaniac

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think u shud bet 2x or 3x BB pre flop if some1 raises then call it. After flop it depends whether there are any pair already in flop or flush draw/straight draw. If not then u shud again bet 5x BB post flop if some1 raises then call it.

D

Darkness_99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks everyone i've taking into account everything an replayed my hands with aces i dont see i'm doing anything wrong a lot of the loses where donks making idiotic calls

sj_pi

sj_pi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA is just 'one-pair' which dominates only 'two-pair' and has no chance against the rest of the above ways to win like 3 of a kind, straight and above..

proceed with caution

D

Darkness_99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
OK to the guy that said AAs dominate two pair an the one that said 7 2 is better than AAs both of you needed to learn how to play poker unless case being 7 2 you were demonstrating that flop an having 7 2 of course 7 2 is better than like i said earlier its just donks making idiot calls an getting lucky forgot to say they were getting cracked in early tourney rounds i do fine with them later in the blinds after the donks get weeded out

D

Darkness_99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont' know the exact number , but 95% is waaay too high. With Aces I think it's aroung 60-65% orso? You can look it up, but def. not 95%.

the percent depends on hand playing against them but i'm quite positive AAs are 95 preflop an the % changes according to the board

V

Vazh93

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You need to know the style of play of the guys on the table. Know their calling range. Play aggressively pre-flop so you can isolate their hands.

Himanshu

Himanshu

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i always lose with AA and KK in tounament!! can y help me.. what can i do pre flop and if the flop where genre of kind 5 ,6 ,7 and other player push me all in? what can i do in this case

In early stages of a tournament you should bet more then just a 3 bet because blinds are small and people will call with any hands and will have a good chance to hit a set, two pair, straight, or flush so we do not want more then 1 or 2 callers. If you are playing a freeroll then in early stages best play would be to just go all in with aces or kings and hope for the best. ;)

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands