How to play premium hands?

Z

zba9liwliw

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
i always lose with AA and KK in tounament!! can y help me.. what can i do pre flop and if the flop where genre of kind 5 ,6 ,7 and other player push me all in? what can i do in this case

N

neverendingh

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
well that depends a lot on what kind of players you are facing. how is the dynamic of the table?

then position comes in play. are you utg? middle position? cut-off? button? SB or BB?

what actions have the players before you taken? what kind of players are they? (it's easier to put the tight players on a certain range. it's much more tougher to put the loose ones on a range)

is it smarter to try and take down the pot pre flop by going all in? (or at least in this manner, by going all in pre flop, you isolate and get calls from smaller pairs or some short stacks who call with suited connectors or ATs etc.)

if you play AA or KK out of position anything can happen, as a player hits the flop 1 of 3 times (i can't remember where i read this though, maybe someone has other info on this subject).

as an example: i'm BB with KK. UTG limps in. everyone folds, including SB. i raise 4 bb. he calls. flop comes 9 3 5 rainbow. i c-bet half the pot. he calls. i continue to bet. he calls. i go all in, he calls and shows 33. plus the 3 on the board=trips. and i'm like: how come i didn't see this coming? :)

but you shouldn't be very concerned, your time will come :D + AA kicks ass 85% of the time and KK around 80% . then again, AA vs KK is roughly 80-20. think about it. :)

olliejjc16

olliejjc16

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just remember aa and kk aren't cards that win 100 percent of the time, judge by each situation and the type of players you are playing, they're the strongest starting hands but doesnt mean they're invincible!!

R

Ronoh

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i always lose with AA and KK in tounament!!
Every poker player feels this way. Fact is you don't always lose with them but you remember the beats a whole lot better than the wins.

If you are losing with them all in preflop, odds in poker are not astronomical, AA will lose to random cards 1 in 5 times.

If you are losing with them after the flop, stop trying to get all of your chips in the pot. Chances are you WANT to get them in... the problem is your opponents will nearly always grant your wish when they have one pair beat.

M

misko

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same problem i loose 3 last tournament whit AA kk all in pre flop.

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop - bet an amount that 60% of the time they will be hesitant to call.
Flop - Condition above, they are either bluffing or have a very strong hand.
Goodluck.

K

kworm2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In tourment,most case just all in too.Although it is 100% win,we can go.And sometimes when the bubble time,I don't like to risk all the chip,so I fold.

Arjonius

Arjonius

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Since you always lose with them, just fold them them and save yourself a lot of chips. This is ridiculous advice, but so is the assertion you always lose with them. Try presenting a realistic question.

Diogo Jorge

Diogo Jorge

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
it is too difficult to anwser that :S it is depends a lot of things, but if you lose always with AA, so dont pay all in pre flop.. just play more passive or fold them :)

pcgnome

pcgnome

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here is a hand I played right after I had just lost over half my stack to the same guy that had my ace out-kicked. There are always threads here asking about how to play pocket aces... Allinaces

eidikos

eidikos

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
try to put all the chips in the middle with AA KK preflop.you cant win every time but it is a good +EV situation

M

MARBA1968

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
opinion

I lost a lot with AA and KK. With this pair you have 95% chance to win, althought it depends where is your position, how many go in the hand. Honestly when i take it, I always go all in. The rest, lucky decide. :cool:

DonV73

DonV73

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I lost a lot with AA and KK. With this pair you have 95% chance to win, althought it depends where is your position, how many go in the hand. Honestly when i take it, I always go all in. The rest, lucky decide. :cool:

I dont' know the exact number , but 95% is waaay too high. With Aces I think it's aroung 60-65% orso? You can look it up, but def. not 95%.

hashtag

hashtag

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You always lose with AA or KK? I suggest you find the hand you always win with then. Fold the AA/KKs and play your 97o all in every time.

Good luck.

Arun4Poker

Arun4Poker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
just shove allin blind, what normally i do

i guess winning rate is 80% for me

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There's some not very good advice in this thread. Don't just blindly shove all in lol

crusinnn

crusinnn

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i always lose with AA and KK in tounament!! can y help me.. what can i do pre flop and if the flop where genre of kind 5 ,6 ,7 and other player push me all in? what can i do in this case

I don't think you always loose with those hands. If you do then its bad luck/variance but look at the big picture, it will pay off in the long run. Good luck.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you must be folding them pre if you always lose with them.

tazer

tazer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the betting an amount they would think twice about calling, but you have to keep putting pressure on the player at the same time because they longer they are in the hand the more likely they are to hit what they are chasing. So don't be afraid to bet your hand enough to get those people who are chasing their flush/straight out of the hand.

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I agree with the betting an amount they would think twice about calling, but you have to keep putting pressure on the player at the same time because they longer they are in the hand the more likely they are to hit what they are chasing. So don't be afraid to bet your hand enough to get those people who are chasing their flush/straight out of the hand.

why would we want draws to fold?

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Yeah absolutely not.... We want max value out of hands like that.... If they get there.... They will let us know they got there at some point.... Those players who will call off massive portions of their stacks with draws, are silly... Because they will only get there a fraction of the time.... And when they don't get there... They have absolute nothing, we should LOVE players who will call off 75% of their stack or so with a hand that will win 20% of the time

juanmapoker1

juanmapoker1

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
all in preflop always aa kk or qq

tazer

tazer

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jblocher1 & WiZZiM,

I'm not saying overbet the cards to push them out. I'm just saying to keep pressure on them to where they are thinking about folding. You don't want to limp bet with AA to a board with straight/flush possibilities and the person continue to call then once they hit bet big. Still want to get your value out of the hand, but at the same time you don't want them hitting against you leaving you short stacked at the table.

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There was a time when I hated AA,KK,QQ but I learned to love it, look at it like this, at least you got your money in on a good hand!!!

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Jblocher1 & WiZZiM,

I'm not saying overbet the cards to push them out. I'm just saying to keep pressure on them to where they are thinking about folding. You don't want to limp bet with AA to a board with straight/flush possibilities and the person continue to call then once they hit bet big. Still want to get your value out of the hand, but at the same time you don't want them hitting against you leaving you short stacked at the table.

We want villain to be on a draw.....

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands