How to play premium hands?

Ditcho

Ditcho

Rising Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Can you help me how play premium hands (AA, KK, QQ, AK, AQ) when i sit on UTG? If i go all-in every player fold and i have no value ...

Hello.
Can I share my personal opinion of how I would play in the event specified by you and the position. Surely the better solution is to up the stakes to go all-in. At the very least, to wait for the players ' movements after you, to gain a clear idea of what you can expect. All-in from early position is purely bingo game, and as you say if all you fold what you earn by the hand? Both blinds. Do you have enough size? If you get from this position with top pairs like AA and KK more likely is someone to pay you or the good cross-hand decided to raises will, all-in against you. How do you like that? :) Of course everything is dependent on various factors in the game on a specific table. Success!
P. s. with the starting hand than AQ UTG position is a bad idea to go all-in. :)

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
keep going all in, its just variance

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can call or raise.
It depends on many factors like table dynamics, opponents image, your image, stacks, etc.
Theres no standard or system to it since poker is situational.

sj_pi

sj_pi

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
UTG all in with premium hands might pay off as one of the above replied attributing it to variance.

Definitely do not open limp, set a premium price by raising depending on the number of players to follow. That way you'll weed out Broadway-Rags making it to turn or even worse river! All in will surely scare off possibly everyone like you said.

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you can open limp sometimes, just make sure its sometimes and the other times you open jam

that way they'll never know what you have and they have to call right?

aa88wildbill

aa88wildbill

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
didn't list all the premium hands, AA,KK,QQ.JJ,1010,99,AK,AQ. These are generally considered by most of the poker world as premium hands. If I was you,I would make a normal raise of;2.5 to 3 X the big blind. Remember AK,AQ are just big drawing hands. Some of members suggested that you limp in with a premium hand, if you do,you must be willing to fold,if the board suggest that your beat, and you believe they have it. Sometimes it can be hard to fold them big hands.

el_magiciann

el_magiciann

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Make Normal raises with them, u don't have to go all in pre, raise 3bb or 4bb, re raise to 10bb, don't shove, and you will get callers, but you can lose some of your premium hands , beacause they can get worse after flop, turn or river...

OMGITSOVER9K

OMGITSOVER9K

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
no, go all in pre

see how many post I have? I have experience, trust me

M

Marcionis

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA on button

Hello, maybe someone can help.
How I need to play in tourneys withs AA on dealer position? Should I raise All-in or just a 3-5BB raise?

VTedd

VTedd

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The simplest answer to this question is to do the same thing you would do in this situation with any other hand you are willing to play. By not changing your betting patterns, you make it hard for your opponents to put you on a super strong hand. If you are shoving all aces and pocket pairs on the button, do the same with aces. If you are min raising, do the same.

My point is if you make a larger raise than usual or shove when you have never done this before, it clues opponents in to get away from the hand.

the lab man

the lab man

CardsChat Irregular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hello, maybe someone can help.
How I need to play in tourneys withs AA on dealer position? Should I raise All-in or just a 3-5BB raise?
There is no standard answer
It depends......
Is it early mid or late in tourney?.......
How many BBs do you have?
Are there any callers or raises before you.....
I want action with aces but depends on if there are callers or raisers....
So it depends...

theRaven68

theRaven68

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
depends on how many calls or raises was before you
you should avoid to scare opponents, 3x raise is best for the beginning, if no one raises after that and just call, you have base for cbet

N

nykaktak

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
AA on the position of the dealer is very good, especially well if you did raise , and preferably a raise and a call ) I would say on a normal 3 BB raise would make a standard raise , or sometimes even call depending on my stack and stack of the enemy, and if before you all folded you need to do 3 bet raise well and hope for a raise from some of the blinds

steveiam

steveiam

CardsChat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
There is no standard answer
It depends......
Is it early mid or late in tourney?.......
How many BBs do you have?
Are there any callers or raises before you.....
I want action with aces but depends on if there are callers or raisers....
So it depends...

This +1

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on how far you are in the tournement and above all how the other players play. When you are late in tourney and haven't a big stack I would go all in and hope that someone calls and I win, or I just get the high blinds. When the other players are very aggressive I also would go all in preflop and hope that someone calls.

T

t4nkk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
You should think, if 3+ players call BB you should raise, if lower so u should check and play hiddenly

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Try raising atleast 3bb preflop.With pocket aces you should not be limping with it preflop.You should be more aggresive in order tho show some power to the opponent.Postflop is a completly different story.Dont afraid to go all-in if opponent shoved against you preflop.

TakinOver

TakinOver

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same problem... Online.. I cant even with a hand with premium cards. Really does not seem correct unless this computer is rigged. Sorry but i cant lose every time with KK AA QQ.. But i do. Every time. I should stop playing. Only site that seems ligit is Hog wild.. Sad.

J

johnny2shoes

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
BIG POCKET PAIRS PRE FLOP..

:p :p :p hi everyone, i want to sort of hijack this post from computerdude on brags,beats and challenges, its about going busto in tourneys with pocket AA. when going allinn pre flop, most of well all of the experieced members are saying folding when put allin is a defo no,no, as your getting at least 4 to 1 odds and even though you might get beat and go out the tourney its the rite decession. im just saying is it worth considering folding not sure i could, the argument being in a long tourney your gunna get a big pocket pair AA or KK at least 4 times most times and by law of odds your gunna lose 1 in 4, allinns. so thats your tourney over. people are saying in the long run it will pay off, but you havent got a long run in a tourney a tourney ends and when your out thats it. cash game its comletely different you will defo be winner in the long run. would like to hear more thougts on this.. :p

T

thatgreekdude

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
:p :p :p hi everyone, i want to sort of hijack this post from computerdude on brags,beats and challenges, its about going busto in tourneys with pocket AA. when going allinn pre flop, most of well all of the experieced members are saying folding when put allin is a defo no,no, as your getting at least 4 to 1 odds and even though you might get beat and go out the tourney its the rite decession. im just saying is it worth considering folding not sure i could, the argument being in a long tourney your gunna get a big pocket pair AA or KK at least 4 times most times and by law of odds your gunna lose 1 in 4, allinns. so thats your tourney over. people are saying in the long run it will pay off, but you havent got a long run in a tourney a tourney ends and when your out thats it. cash game its comletely different you will defo be winner in the long run. would like to hear more thougts on this.. :p

At 4:1 you should mathematically lose the pot 1 in every 5 times.

D

DonkeyH3AD

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have the same problem... Online.. I cant even with a hand with premium cards. Really does not seem correct unless this computer is rigged. Sorry but i cant lose every time with KK AA QQ.. But i do. Every time. I should stop playing. Only site that seems ligit is Hog wild.. Sad.
It only seems to You buddy becuse You play much much more hands online than live adn sometimes You of course get a bad beat but do not worry keep going :)

M

Mighty Racoon

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
AA and KK don't have to be all-in pre-flop, but if someone shoves and you fold with them then you're not winning any money in the long run. You can't be afraid of being sucked out on - if you are then you're playing the wrong game...I hear Solitaire is fun?

That doesn't mean always shove pre-flop. If somebody raises 4BB UTG then I'd say a call is definitely okay (provided you can put them on a hand like a high pair, AK or AQ...if the villain here is LAG then raising over the top may push him off his hand and win you the pot there and then)

Limping with AA or KK might make you feel like some sort of pro but the fact is you're giving most hands the right price to call, which does nothing to narrow down any range for them. If you get AA or KK UTG, a standard 4BB raise is good usually...if you get raised over the top, a call is okay here too.

IMO, the only time you should never call would be if you're sat in the SB or BB and somebody in late position raises - chances are, they're attempting to steal the pot. 3-bet them with 4BB + 1BB for every caller.

Moral of the story though is never be afraid of getting all of your chips in the middle with either AA or KK - if you get sucked out on, you get sucked out on, but you made the right play.

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Are favorite premium hand before the flop after flop is another thing, so we should play the players and not the cards.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands