How to play premium hands?

H

hrix

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to mix my game when I have premium hands.
Sometimes I play agressive, sometime I slowroll it.

L

locha2013

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play aa or kk all in preflop, especially when it's the first period of the tournement. When I'm in the late stage of a tournement I don't really know how to play those hands. Often I only raise, just that I have a caller, but I think this is far more risky than to play all in preflop, because many players can call.

Jblocher1

Jblocher1

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I like to play aa or kk all in preflop, especially when it's the first period of the tournement. When I'm in the late stage of a tournement I don't really know how to play those hands. Often I only raise, just that I have a caller, but I think this is far more risky than to play all in preflop, because many players can call.

So you are suggesting just open shoving AA/ KK? This is terrible. You should be making a raise that is identical to a raise you would make with like KQ.... If you're just gonna open jam AA/KK you basically tell your thinking opponents exactly what you have dude. Your bet sizing should not really vary depending on hand strength.

JPoling

JPoling

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The people who arr saying just shove all in with AA or KK?. That is not how you play a tourney. I mean unless you are super short stack. You should be opening up the hand, 3-4xBB. Now if someome raises on you if you wanna 3-bet, but take position into consideration.

T

tiki_taka_br

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How to play with AA ?

When I have AA and I go all in, usually the other people in the table folds... But if I just raise, more than one person call to see the flop... and I end up losing...
Suggestions please ?

M

MARBA1968

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Try to attempt where is the button and depending the position all in, depending raise and finally depending just pay.

M

MichalSzevczyk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
How play with KK ?

Hi Players ,
80% my play with KK i loose. Pls give me some advice . Thx

taban13

taban13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A raise preflop do or waiting for more people? If there is no flop ACE Bank and not wait until it will make for you by someone else.

Last edited by a moderator:
M

MichalSzevczyk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Preflop i try aggressive raise(5-8Bet) ,if someone call and flop is without A' i do another bet (50%pot) . Is good idea play that aggressive like i do , or maybe better way is meke a trap and wait for river?

M

MichalSzevczyk

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Sometimes i think that the better way play KK is fold :) I try many tricks(agressive , thite ,making traps) and (-+)80% i lose , many times withs opponents with nuts . I joke with this fold but like u guys say , everything depends what players we have in the table. Every hand we have different cards , but opponents we have basic the same, so i suggest focus on his game . When starts game we should play tight with every cards, make sure that our cards are winning and then raises . Late stage KK play aggressive but not too much . Usually if i play more agressive than opponents in my table , and someone at the flop or turn re-raise than me ,than i know that opponennts have good hand , probably better than my KK and i should fold. Simply fold , thats all. Or preflop all in :p GL all

alext9000

alext9000

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
This is what happend to me at a tournament.. in my hand AA , so I go all-in, the person next to me calls with A7 , flop 10 7 7 , turn 7 river 3, so how can you call this ? bad beat ?

crocoduck11

crocoduck11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
With most of my premium hands (from J J or JQ up ) I am raising 2x or 3x (usually 3x )
With QQ AA and KK I will raise x4 (I know QQ isn't a good idea but still ) but rarely go above that (unless I am desperate or think someone will call, then I would be glad to go all in considering my chances, also all of this is pre-flop )

R

ravpl

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play it like normal hands standard raise 3x or 3bet. U could slowplay but only on loose table when u think that probably someone raise you. Slowplay is bad :p

crocoduck11

crocoduck11

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I play it like normal hands standard raise 3x or 3bet. U could slowplay but only on loose table when u think that probably someone raise you. Slowplay is bad :p
+1
In LP someone could limb with 78 and then hit a flop like
7 8 A (assuming you have something like AK AQ you're in trouble )
Or 6 9 J (again,you're going to sweat during this one )
If only premiums go to the end (or anything close to your range ) then your big cards will make much more of a difference (since your opponents are much less likely to hit something on the flop/turn/river after you've forced them to play only if they are somewhat close to your hand range )
Hope this helps (I am a losing player mind you, take this with a grain of salt :p )

es530

es530

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I think it depends on your image and how this table, example: You're playing loose, playing all positions and show any two cards, you will not be respected, receiving several calls and have more chances to lose with this pair of AA . What I can say is that you need to build a good image to be respected. so it will not bring the whole table to play a premium hand, because only then you have more chances of winning.

D

Darkness_99

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Playing AA pre&post flop

Whats up people i'm looking for some help on playing AAs i seem to get cracked alot when i get them or i dont get paid off the way i want 2 one example is i 3-bet pre-flop i got one call the board came 9-6-5 now this guy likes to call an bluff alot the action was on him he 3-bet & i shoved he called an showed 9 8 and what do you know the turn an river was 8s any tips?

H

hffjd2000

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In the long run, you will be paid off.

Putting all the chips at the center with premium hand is every poker players dream.

Dubstep

Dubstep

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It depends on the structure of the tournament and what stage you are in. If its the start of a tournament in most micro tournments you can raise pretty big pre flop and bet the size of the pot. But with slow structures late in a tournament say with 100bb play very carefully and try to keep the pot small post flop and usually only bet 1 street of value. Reason being is that you can only raise a small percentage of your stack pre flop and people can easily set mine and you and take your whole stack but if you know the player is a calling station or a donkey its probly ok to make a big pot post flop/turn/river. But in micro tournments always bet big with aa in the early stages. Only deepstack should you play more cautious.

J

joe777

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Raise at least 5 bb in EP and if you got reraised 3bet,just go ahead and jam the pot pre.By percentage AA is a winning hand(preflop).

W

WiZZiM

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
you got it in good, don't worry about it, aces won't hold up all the time.

123andyp123

123andyp123

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
All hands lose sometimes. but you have to play the percentages.Knowing your opponents and having good instincts sure helps a lot too.Also try to play their hands as much as your own.

dino

dino

10 cevapcici = 0 stress
Community Guide
Total posts
Awards
DE
Chips
if I raise and got re-raise, and if not all in after that, if flop is not my way it's really hart to fold AA, but you have to set your mind straight, and if fold then live for another flop

Raggamuffin

Raggamuffin

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I feel your pain darkness_99! I've had this problem many times, i.e. the table is so tight that I bet 2BB preflop - flop comes, nothing but rags so I 1/2 pot raise to try & get a call but they all fold out anyway & I win small. Or it goes the other way completely, I raise all in preflop & get a call from a loose player who beats me with getting two rag pairs like 95o!!

Not sure I'm experienced enough to tell you how AA should be played & it depends on the individual situation anyway, but so far I've learned not to shove all-in in EP, because the more people in the hand the less likely my AA will hold up. And also, not to slow play hoping to get more cash in the pot as I'm only giving my opponents a chance to draw!

Best of luck, hope you clean up with your next AA Hand :)

taban13

taban13

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Generally ACEs before the flop I play a raise and flop continuation bet put half or 70% of the Bank.

Starting Hands - Poker Hand Nicknames Rankings - Poker Hands