The Best Poker Books - Win 2 Free Books!

mathtree

mathtree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I definitely have more reading to do! The game continues to evolve and so must I to keep up to speed...

S

Salavat Kozhakhmetov

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Phil Gordon Little Green book Poker Book Presentation in the book moderately contains mathematics, psychology,strategy, Thanks to the witty, exciting presentation of the book, emphasizing the good thinking and talent of the author, the book will be for millions of players a great guide to the world of poker, in particular, Texas hold'em. Reading the book will open a lot of nuances, methods of action, techniques and will bring the game of each player to a new level of understanding.

gabpoker

gabpoker

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Here are two I would add.
Mastering Small Stakes No-Limit Hold'em: Strategies to Consistently Beat Small Stakes Tournaments and Cash Games by Jonathan Little is an nice update to his Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker.

Also

The Myth of Poker Talent by Alexander Fitzgerald

Helloween

Helloween

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In fact, I really like to read. Mostly art literature, but I have not read a single poker book yet. Perhaps because I did not allocate time for this. For the sake of general education, I want to read a book: Super/System: A Course In Power Poker

Misely31

Misely31

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I have not read any book about Poker, but it catches my attention Dusty Schmidt's book "Treat poker as a business" I would like to read it someday. Poker is, in many ways, like business, the decisions you make in poker are always based on cold and calculating actions. And in the business world, it is essential to be very rational to make money in the long term. There is no business with 100% chance of success and every business, for sure it may seem, is a risk. In poker, you also deal with risk at all times, but in the long term, making the right decisions eliminates randomly from the equation.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not read any book about Poker, but it catches my attention Dusty Schmidt's book "Treat poker as a business" I would like to read it someday. Poker is, in many ways, like business, the decisions you make in poker are always based on cold and calculating actions. And in the business world, it is essential to be very rational to make money in the long term. There is no business with 100% chance of success and every business, for sure it may seem, is a risk. In poker, you also deal with risk at all times, but in the long term, making the right decisions eliminates randomly from the equation.
correctly. The best comparison is poker as a business.[emoji122]

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
From this list I only read The Raisers Edge, I look for more national books. But it sparked an interest in reading all these books in two years. After reading and thinking I want to put together a technical article here in the CC.

Bozovicdj

Bozovicdj

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I will be honest and say I haven't read any of the book on poker. And while I am honest, I won't be starting any time soon. There are great educational videos on YT from many poker pros that I found valuable.
However, the most I learned from poker, was from wsop main event videos that can be found on YT before the Poker Go App came to life. So many hands, where most of them are face down, so not visible to viewers, which allows you to try yourself and see what would you put your opponent on.

If I am to start reading poker books, I would like more biographies or similar about poker pros, more then educational books.

C

chronical

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Do not reaaly like NLHE boomks for the reason of them getting old to quickly you really can not compete with RYE,RIO,Upswing , but there is Janda so... =)
That being said do love the fact that if you want to get you legs wet in 8game razz and stud books are still relevant Deppn for PLO8 and Sklansky stud are great for begginers so if you want a side-hustle in HORSE... Hop on it!
P.S. Maybe I missed it but I have not seen Clarke - Grinders manual. It's 1 of the best if not the best 6max cash books at the moment.

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Illustrated guide to Texas Holdem (Dennis Purdy). Gives great hand reading type exercises with explanations.

Harrington on Holdem Workbook

No Limit Hold 'em Theory and Practice (David Sklansky, Ed Miller - 188068537X)

I like the exercises with explanations on all of these.

P

prizzy711

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Do not reaaly like NLHE boomks for the reason of them getting old to quickly you really can not compete with RYE,RIO,Upswing , but there is Janda so... =)
That being said do love the fact that if you want to get you legs wet in 8game razz and stud books are still relevant Deppn for PLO8 and Sklansky stud are great for begginers so if you want a side-hustle in HORSE... Hop on it!
P.S. Maybe I missed it but I have not seen Clarke - Grinders manual. It's 1 of the best if not the best 6max cash books at the moment.

Much more economical than those training sites though. Wish the authors would put out updated copies more often.

wsbar

wsbar

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would not remove any books from the list because of course they are all important and contain enough material to enrich our knowledge and to actually improve our game. I inserted a book in this list, "learning to play poker" is a book written by Brazilian that gave me a bigger explanation about the sport.

kasra32

kasra32

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Any book that is printed is not a reason to be true at all times. Some books may not be beneficial after a while, although it may be among the bestselling books at the time of publication! Of course this is my personal opinion

Miguel Chacon

Miguel Chacon

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I personally think a book would be great investment to improve your game but sometimes starters don't have the money to spend on a book (In my case) so what I recomend is go online In these nowadays there is a lot of material out there for free the basics of math and poker you must know also lots of videos and streaming today there's no excuse to study and learn Poker if you really like and want to be succesful in the game hehehe ... just playing for 18 months and I'm loving it hehehe hope soon can invest in a good book and lessons to become a Pro :D

Good Luck!

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It is very convenient to listen to audiobooks about poker where the game is parsing.
I like Murman about poker where there is an analysis of the hands of his friend in the Tournament

cwdignus

cwdignus

Carpe diem
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
very good list of books with these books just do not learn to play who do not want to, I'll start to study each of these books, thanks for these indications

C

cheeeer

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I found poker books useless. The only useful advice I found in Little Green Book where author explained that against AK highest percentage is 8-7: 38%. But then I realized almost all connectors had 38%. So useless again. Mike Caro has interesting book but all know he shows fine results only because of tells. Zachary Elwood collected all famous and few not very famous tells. But if you watched poker a lot you could notice them yourself.
I found only one useful book which helps to explain body language. But it's not even poker book.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
very good list of books with these books just do not learn to play who do not want to, I'll start to study each of these books, thanks for these indications
do not try to read everything. so that in the head there will not be much porridge
I think enough about studying the mathematical line of the psychology of strategy, and the rest of the practice is testing knowledge

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Great list you have compiled CC. I will come back to this list when I have more time to read more.
I have only read Jared Tendler books from the list.
Interesting to hear that there is more books being published than ever before.
I must confess I feel I have learned more than ever from watching Twitch streams and other online content.

ggf99

ggf99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
My first book was Harrington "On Holdem". It's good for start. But 2 books showed me the next level- Its Baluga Whale "Easy Game" and Chris Moorman and Byron Jacobs "Moorman's Book of POker"
Ps- Baluga and Moorman are not good for new playas

U

UDN

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have not yet read the books, thanks for the list, long sought such. However, in conventional libraries is not to be found on the Internet)

Zorba

Zorba

Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
AQ
Chips
I've only read Reading poker tells by Zach Elwood which I won as a prize here at CardsChat, most of my reading of poker strategy is done here at CardsChat.

:bandit:

veritasi

veritasi

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Impressive list of books, i'll read them, when i'll have more freetime, in my opinion Tournament Poker for Advanced Players by Dvid Sklansky could be in this list.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
It's a pity that some good books do not have a translation into my language.
all these books are popular, and therefore they are worthy of study