The Best Poker Books - Win 2 Free Books!

L

lewis99

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
gday all...better for me are the brunson super systems, both if possible, but super 2 hasgreat tips from a variety of players..negreanu,chan,caro,harman and others..thanks darrell

vovqa93

vovqa93

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The book i have read was by BlackRain79, "How to crush microstakes" or smth like that.
But nowadays guys i think videos can be more productive then books( If you look videos and trying to be on the side of "trainer/hero" and feel the action ). Also, should not underestimate books. Books works, depends more how you will use knowledge on practice.

kowrip

kowrip

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have only read 2 books completely and thought they were both excellent:

The Theory Of Poker (David Sklansky)
Decide To Play Great Poker (Annie Duke)

The latter was especially good for explaining the different scenarios that typically occur in Hold 'Em and has great sections on bluffing and tournament play. I also read a few sections of Harrington on Hold 'Em and I really liked what I read from that book too. You can't forget about TV as well. Gabe Kaplan (High Stakes Poker) and Mike Sexton (WPT) both do a great job of explaining the possible thought processes of the players after each action. It's been super helpful in improving my game.

sryulaw

sryulaw

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would put some human behavior books on the list; "Science and Human Behavior" by B. F. Skinner. Another would be The body speaks. Illustrated. Revealing Gestures and Effective Signs by author Monika Matschnig.

Book about range, call, bet, poker math, this does not change much, since it is already mathematical and does not change, so the outs, the two tips, and% of times you should open or call, certain patterns
Now, human behavior is not, it is a mystery, people every minute at the table expresses the cards you have, whether you have a strong hand or a weak hand, whether you are lying or are not lying, these are all few that know how to control , and little they know how to do these readings, to play live, the big ones and even small tournaments this is very important, and few people know this, and take it seriously ..
A large part of the new poker professionals in brazil have invested 80% in personal coaching, human behavior, in habitos, in emotional control, and this has shown scary results at the tables ..
Anyway I would put a list of books on these subjects.
Far from me saying that the books about the game does not help at all .. on the contrary it will help you a lot in your technical game, more poker is much more than that, poker is personal, against personal.

Shrops

Shrops

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Hello

I like The Theory of Poker by Sklansky.

PsychoVas

PsychoVas

What The Duck???
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Being the slob that I am (to be honest I think that the seven deadly sins were incorporated in my operation manual), I haven't read all of the books mentioned in the article.
In my limited experience, I liked:
Crushing the Microstakes
by "BlackRain79"
The Mental Game of Poker 1 & 2
by Jared Tendler

all of Harrington's books and one not mentioned here, David Sklansky's Math Of Hold'em.

jmateuspoker

jmateuspoker

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
ADD BOOK

Dakkota I would not remove any book found all clear that some are more interesting but

I would add the book with the title Aprendendo a Jogar Poker (principios tecnica e pratica) autor Brasileiro chamado Leo Bello um dos fundadodores do BSOP (Brazilian Series of Poker)
basic but very didactic book to read and have basic notions

:jd4:mateuspoker

makisaa

makisaa

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Interesting books! I have not read any book about poker till now, and do not know so much about poker books. Now I know some of them. I prefer to practice through the game.

mathtree

mathtree

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
my faves

Interesting books! I have not read any book about poker till now, and do not know so much about poker books. Now I know some of them. I prefer to practice through the game.

Daniel Negreanu has 2 books out that made me a much better player. They are Wisdom for holdem players and More wisdom for holdem players. They go into every aspect of the game; you'll love them.

fa1920

fa1920

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm not really reading poker books, but the book Raisers Edge has served me well enough to polish my strategy in tournaments, I notice improvement in my game. I've always been more to see streams of professionals, I think that there you learn better

C

CallmeFloppy

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I would add the Theory of Poker by David Sklansky. It is a totally dry read but its full of good information, if you can absorb it and keep your eyes open. My tip - Break it up into small sections each night.

The other is The Middle Zone by Annie Duke. Say what you will about Annie. I know she is a polarizing figure, but the book is still a great insight into playing those marginal hands that we bleed away our stacks with and wonder where the hell our chips went.

dragunovich

dragunovich

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
the raiser's edge by elky seems to me a good book, I have not read many because I am a player more to practice than to read 5 hours a day .. I think it can be useful for those who are starting in this amazing world of poker .. although I could also recommend to those who want to have a good base in relation to knowledge the book of doyle brunson Super System 1 and 2, I believe that teaches the main foundations to be a solid player, even being a somewhat old book, can help to cope certain situations.

sergik1992

sergik1992

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thanks for a qualitative list of books. I one`s time for me were very helpful books of David Sklansky and his "Theory of Poker"! Also with great pleasure I was reading "The psychology of poker" by Alan Schoonmaker. I was reading "Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker " by Johnatan Little, but information reproduced in his books is very complicated for microlimits and CC freerolls and very often, when I used his techniques I lost my chips) But it`s my subjective point of view!
Now I want to study some books from your list.

CadoARAJ

CadoARAJ

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I think that CC added a great book list for poker players and lovers.
I only play seriously texas holdem poker. So, my interest is only at this game only.
The most books at there I've never readed.
After reading the article, I am looking for "Winning Poker Tournament one hand at a time Vol 1, 2 and 3", because I thing this is an essential of poker, be focused in any hand. You not win a tournament in a simple hand, but you can be busted at one like that.
Other that I will read is "Sit 'n' Go Strategy"
Supersystem and Harrington on holdem are classics that can not be missed in any serious list of classic poker books.

ZenGreen

ZenGreen

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Ed Miller series of Profession NL poker and then Reading hands at NL and Playing the player, but everything after that has been not as good. Littles first books were good, now I feel I can almost recite what he is going to say, though I dont play like it LOL. Older books I really dug Arnold Synders series esp Vol 2.

W

williamsc99

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A very good book is the theory of poker

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
surely the best way to improve your game in poker and studying hard, I found some very interesting books that I will read some of that post.
who read and recommend is the
MENTAL GAME OF POKER

Spaceman

Spaceman

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. Thank youuuuuuuuu.

I swear to God, I was about to make a thread in suggestion section, suggesting that you make a list with some good poker books and have members here rate them! Or making a thread with a poll with these books to see which are the most recommended. A now I see this thread? Unbelievable. Very nice list of standard-should-read best poker books.

My two most recommended books are those of Harrington and David Sklansky's The Theory of Poker that isnt on the list but a lot of people recommend it!

S

step055

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Shame on me but the only book from the list that I have read is Harrington on Hold 'em V 1, 2, 3 by Dan Harrington. and it impressed me a lot. It's very interesting to read about things that you can really use in practice while playing poker.I also read a lot of articles on this theme to improve my playing skills. So, I want to thank you for this useful information- I am looking forward to reading some books from the list.

ammje

ammje

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
A very good book list, my English is not very good, I have never read a book, I think in Spanish there are not many poker books, someday I'll have to read a book from the list presented, like me read like crossing micro limits.

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A very good book list, my English is not very good, I have never read a book, I think in Spanish there are not many poker books, someday I'll have to read a book from the list presented, like me read like crossing micro limits.
usually good books on poker have the translation of many countries. poker is very popular. just try searching in your native language on the Internet

MemphisGrind

MemphisGrind

Think Bink
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Studying poker is key to becoming a great poker player. We have a list of the best poker books. Take a look at this list and let us know which books you would remove from the list - and which books you would add to it:

Poker Books

Let's compile the greatest list of poker books ever!

Mental game of poker 1 and 2

Nikolay Nakhaev

Nikolay Nakhaev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
where on the forum can I see a list of books?

zam220

zam220

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Unfortunately, I have not read any books about poker.My training took place during the game, and I watched poker broadcasts on twitch.I was advised to read Harrington's book and I think I should do it.