The Best Poker Books - Win 2 Free Books!

vovqa93

vovqa93

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
All listed books that you guys saying are good. But in 2018 I recommend to all newbies look forward into the videos from players, cash/mtt whatever analize videos and articles on forums, that will be the same information that in the book but also made into practice. Good luck.
*Btw, someone posted book "Kill everyone" or something like that, that is what I feel when I am going play 1$ KO :D

Bricxjo

Bricxjo

Just some happy guy
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
US
Chips
Because of this thread I purchased Harrington on Online Cash Games and I am just starting to read it.

K

KierranLS

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I have just purchased a few of the suggestions made above! Can't wait to get stuck in. Knowledge is power!

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
Do not eliminate any before reading them all, after reading them delete the one considered not necessary

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
From this listing, I just got the Raisers Edge.
But not just for poker, but I use many books for mental training.
It is something fascinating and essential.

Ivansito26

Ivansito26

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
referring to the poker books, there are many that can help you a lot in your game and improve many things in which you are failing, one of the books that I like is the mentality of a poker player, a very complete book but you can also help a lot Harrington on Holdem V 1

DiegoRamos

DiegoRamos

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
From this listing, I just got the Raisers Edge.
But not just for poker, but I use many books for mental training.
It is something fascinating and essential.

Self-theories: Their Role in Motivation, Personality, and Development (Essays in Social Psychology) 1st Edition

is an excellent book for initiation in this universe.

Reload

Reload

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The Poker Mindset, by Ian Taylor and Matthew Hilger. It's very good, important for the ones who tilt easily, to make them accept the game that poker really is.

vovqa93

vovqa93

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In 2018 video's are best choise, but we will never forget the books. Actually the biggest and deepest impressions (not from books about poker) are from books, when we imagine and think not only 1 time about different things when we reading. One day I saw Gus Hansen was showing almost every hand in some video. Love his playstyle and aggresive plays, so my next book and maybe the one for a long time will be "Every hand reavaled".

RedGnom

RedGnom

Run, Forester! Run!
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
UA
Chips
Once I already replied here but it was concern to poker math books. Now i want to share with you about my experience to read Omaha matter. For those being experienced player in Holdem, you can start to read The Pot-Limit Omaha Book: Transitioning from NLHE to PLO by Tri "Slowhabit" Nguyen and then Pot-Limit omaha poker: The Big Play Strategy by Jeff Hwang.
Good luck!

M

Muzyka1996

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
If you're mostly playing online, "The Grinders Manual" has been pretty helpful since coming back to poker.

GordyPoker

GordyPoker

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Harrington in Hold’em will forever be the greatest book in how to teach a good start in MTT - is be open to suggestions though if I have not heard of a better book

shanest

shanest

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
IE
Chips
Some great options you have compiled. I have read bits and pieces from Jonathan littles books.
I really enjoy heads up play so I might add Collin Moshmans book to my stocking this year.

king11682

king11682

Kimba
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
VE
Chips
I like these two:
*- Hole Card Confessions
by Owen Gaines

*- Harrington on Hold 'em V 1, 2, 3
by Dan Harrington

bruno13xs

bruno13xs

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
a wonderful collection of Livo for those who like to play cash games and recommend you read this book
Applications of no limit hold em
written by
Matthew Janda

B

Bob357

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
My Favorite Books

I am currently reading Crushing the Microstakes by Nathan Williams at Blackrain which is fabulous, but also my daughter picked up a book for me called Online Poker Play Like A Pro by Stuart Yarnold of the U.K. which is really excellent as well. I have also read & study Harrington's On Cash Games. Really hard to beat a master like Harrington but the other two do really terrific jobs.

P

Procli

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion the best poker books are:
Harrington in Hold'em (Dan Harrington / Bill Robertie)
Poker Texas Hold'em: The power of strategy (Daniel Negreanu)
The mental game of poker (Jared Tendler / Barry Carter)

Is it Power Hold`em Strategy by Daniel Negreanu you mean?
How much is it about MTT play in that book? Do you recomend it?

P

Procli

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Any suggestion for poker math books? I need some help on this subject.. not sure which hand to call from bb when a small stack pushes..