The Best Poker Books - Win 2 Free Books!

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Studying poker is key to becoming a great poker player. We have a list of the best poker books. Take a look at this list and let us know which books you would remove from the list - and which books you would add to it:

Poker Books

Let's compile the greatest list of poker books ever!

MrHachiman

MrHachiman

Visionary
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No doubt there are books that despite the years have high quality content that can help improve the game of any player. Some that I did not see in the list and would recommend are:
- For cash: The poker blue print
- For MTT: Kill everyone

Edison A

Edison A

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
In my opinion the best poker books are:
Harrington in Hold'em (Dan Harrington / Bill Robertie)
Poker Texas Hold'em: The power of strategy (Daniel Negreanu)
The mental game of poker (Jared Tendler / Barry Carter)

bablovod

bablovod

stupid parody of the game
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
RU
Chips
to my great regret, I have not read a single book about poker. I am ignorant in this matter and therefore can not say what to add and what to remove. but I'm going to study this kind of literature, because I'm not happy with my game. I think I should read Doyle Branson's book first, I've heard a lot about it, and it was one of the first descriptions of the game. I will judge the results later.

Freeman748

Freeman748

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I recommend green book and read Harrington.

Luvart

Luvart

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Some excellent book recommendations.

As far as it concerns the online cash games, I think that Harrington's book on online cash games is a must for a beginner. Also, Blackrain's book is solid, because he reccomends a simple straightforward no-tricky-style strategy which is IMO the key to beat these stakes.

acidburnfx

acidburnfx

Senior apprentice
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
BR
Chips
- The Mental Game of Poker: Proven Strategies For Improving Tilt Control, Confidence, Motivation, Coping with Variance, and More (Jared Tendler). While the focus is on mistakes made in the mental game while playing poker, this book could be helpful to anyone looking to improve their mental approach to nearly any field.

- Reading Poker tells (Zachary Elwood). The book is more focused on how to use tells in specific ways while playing. Well articulated and organized, a professional poker player analyzes the facial expressions, body posture, physical gestures, and verbal statements of his opponents.

Debi

Debi

Forum Admin
Administrator
Total posts
Awards
Chips
No doubt there are books that despite the years have high quality content that can help improve the game of any player. Some that I did not see in the list and would recommend are:
- For cash: The poker blue print
- For MTT: Kill everyone

Who are the authors?

- The Mental Game of Poker: Proven Strategies For Improving Tilt Control, Confidence, Motivation, Coping with Variance, and More (Jared Tendler). While the focus is on mistakes made in the mental game while playing poker, this book could be helpful to anyone looking to improve their mental approach to nearly any field.

- Reading Poker Tells (Zachary Elwood). The book is more focused on how to use tells in specific ways while playing. Well articulated and organized, a professional poker player analyzes the facial expressions, body posture, physical gestures, and verbal statements of his opponents.

Agree both of those books are very good!

Psyanide14

Psyanide14

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
What about the theory of poker by David Sklansky? Or is that now outdated?

C

ceco99

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
The Psychology of Poker by Dr. Alan N. Schoonmaker (2000) — Dr. Schoonmaker is a retired psychologist who plays low-stakes games in Las Vegas. Here’s what’s most unusual about him: he’s one of the best listeners I’ve ever met. I think that says a lot about this author and what he values. Even today when I run into Dr. Schoonmaker around Las Vegas, he’s constantly talking to other people, but, more important, listening to others when they discuss poker. That lifetime of wisdom — from his days as a psychologist to his nights at the poker table — was filtered and eventually put into words in the form of The Psychology of Poker, and his highly-recommended follow up book, Your Worst Poker Enemy: Mastering the Mental Gamereleased in 2007.

monstr999999

monstr999999

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
good books.. thanks))
add to the list of nothing...))
give me strength of God... that would have time to read all of this..))))
:five:

Andrei Korolev

Andrei Korolev

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
About what the books heard met on the Internet.Unfortunately or fortunately I did not read.But now I've learned more from this post...

Bev

Bev

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
The list you have is very good , that I can tell. I am a bad one to ask as I have never read any books About Poker .
I have only read an old book on the rules of Holdem and the other types of poker games and how to play ( way back )
.... I liked the review on each of them and can see where each one has something good to share depending on what one wants to do with their game.
They all sound great if one wants to make a career from poker.
After reading the list I would have no clue as to what to take off or add. Sorry

igorsad

igorsad

Rising Star
Bronze Level
Total posts
Chips
Since I play poker more than 7 years, i read a lot of books about different poker strategies, and I can advise a few truly worthy books that helped me a lot.
Best book`s for MTT player`s for me is Secrets of Professional Tournament Poker by Jonathan Little series, also he have few books about cash games.
For cash NL Holdem, there is a lot of good books, but there is only one book with all concepts, all the nuances and details about beating any limits.
It`s the book from russian professional poker player Ilya Bolonin (rus. Илья Болонин - nickname - roachru) "NL Holdem. The open encyclopedia" (rus. Открытая энциклопедия по игре в NL Holdem).

For SNG tournaments - Collin Moshman "Sit 'n Go Strategy".

This books is strongly recommended for beginners and average players. Also i think that even professional players can discover something new and useful from this books.

timberwolf94

timberwolf94

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Personally Ive never read a book on poker. Maybe that's why I loose so much. I didn't see any from poker brat, or kid poker so either of those would be a good addition. I guess.

M

M13A13

Legend
Platinum Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Books have their contribution to various activities in life, including religious. A good reading is able to broaden horizons, change the way of thinking, create concepts and still form professionals.
Aside from playing poker and other activities in life, then I do not have much time to read any poker book, but when I find my professional stability, I will certainly seek some poker literature to improve my knowledge.
I believe in the development of poker and if one wishes this should seek specific readings to learn even more and excel in any situations.

A

ATruRube

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Because I like Gus Hansen, even his poker playing, "Every Hand Revealed"
Because he is the Godfather of poker, "Super System", Doyle Brunsen
Because he started a revolution in Holdem-moving beyond limit poker, M.Malmuth, all of them
Because he's book on theory is a bible, "The Theory of Poker", Sklansky -what we think about in any situation before we think about what to do.

chicopaw

chicopaw

Legend
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Honestly, i'm not much of a reader myself,never have been,If i were to look into these poker books a few that show interest to me are
Harrington in Hold'em (Dan Harrington )
Poker Texas Hold'em: The power of strategy (Daniel Negreanu)

Playing online ,and with different opposition every game,hardly seeing the same persons at the tables in mtt tournys, i not sure if there is a stratedy other then paying careful attention to players ,

SouthparkSith

SouthparkSith

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I never learned anywhere near as much from any other book as I did from Super System! It would be my top pick all time! I've read a bunch of them too.

Dzob

Dzob

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I would like add tournament book to list:

"Every hand reavaled" Gus Hansen

I have read this book three times.
I recommend her.

hugh blair

hugh blair

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
My favourite books are harrington on holdem and doyle brunson supersystem.:)

Vorem

Vorem

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
For me, the best ebook books -are two books by Nathan "BlackRain79" Williams, they really helped me in understanding the game on micro limits.
Now I'm reading the book Dan Harrington Harrington on Online Cash Games, I've read half already, I can say that it's also a very good and useful book.

akmost

akmost

Rising Star
Loyaler
Total posts
Awards
GR
Chips
Very nice recommendations for every category. The first book I read was the classic Harrington on Hold'em Vol.1 and after that I made some homework with his workbooks. After those books someone had suggested to me the ''Kill Everyone'' by Lee Nelson,Tyson Streib and Steven Heston with Bertrand Grospellier commentating for the revised version.

The book is for some serious study, it analyses in depth so much some spots on the bubble and some other spots , the average tournament players doesn't know existed.To be honest I struggled with some math parts but to be honest I find them needless for me. If everyone was playing GTO and with the math of that book ha ha. Long story short I really liked it and seems like I will give a try to the Raisers Edge because I know I will benefit as well!

PackinPat

PackinPat

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I liked Gus Hansen book Every Hand Revealed [Gus Hansen] Simple pure aggression throughout.

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Dailon Arroyo Blandon

Legend
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
CR
Chips
In my personal case I can not read books of any kind ... since that generates great headaches and dizziness ... for this reason the way I use to study poker is through poker tutorial videos ... Today there are many videos on the internet that allow one to prepare and learn all about poker ..!