** April's Micro Grinder Thread 2NL - 25NL **

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
87 bb/100. Dunno how that works out as ptbb/100 but 2nl is so crushable im not suprised if its high.
Just divide by 2. BTW, in HEM, you can display this by customizing your stats to show BB/100 (as opposed to bb/100).

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I am astounded at the fact that you are c-betting that much at 2nl and it works. What's your flop c-bet success %?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hmm, dont know why I ever tried to make 25NL complex all you have to do is to play simple ABC poker and pick spots to make plays but not too many!

Only taken about 100k hands !!

Had a goot day, I love holidays and love playing poker and planning my day around poker rather than the other way around. Nice 2BI day over like 3k hands and played 18k so far on the month so goot volume but $$ is not goot after my 50NL failure lol.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hey guys, its been a while but ive finally updated the blog, theres a few hands on there that i'm unsure of, any help would be appreciated

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
51 ish %. Wow didnt realise it was that high, and its only having a ~20% success rate. Possible leak?, not wanting to give up with position

Attachments

• Turn cbet.jpg
    Turn cbet.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 23
Last edited:
c9h13no3

c9h13no3

Is drawing with AK
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
51 ish %. Wow didnt realise it was that high, and its only having a ~20% success rate. Possible leak?, not wanting to give up with position
If you're playing 6-max with an 11% PFR, the times you c-bet, you're going to have something VERY OFTEN. So higher c-bet %'s are to be expected.

A c-bet percentage of 70% from a guy like me with a 25%-30% PFR would be ridiculously high, and I'd have to be c-betting all sorts of bottom pair/air hands. All of which is true about me :).

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
These are FR stats but i see your point. I suppose your Cbet should be somewhat inversley propotional to your PFR, and as mines low at hte mo grinding out 2nl (no fancy moves just abc poker) my cbets exceptantly high. Thanks c9

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

Like C9 said, since you're probably barreling with good hands, I wouldn't think you have a leak. After all, just because you have a turn c-bet success % of 20 doesn't mean you are giving up and losing pots when they call. It probably just means you're getting more value for your hand and they're just calling you down with any piece of the board. This coupled with the fact that your win-rate is pretty high, and I'd say you're in good shape.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Like C9 said, since you're probably barreling with good hands, I wouldn't think you have a leak. After all, just because you have a turn c-bet success % of 20 doesn't mean you are giving up and losing pots when they call. It probably just means you're getting more value for your hand and they're just calling you down with any piece of the board. This coupled with the fact that your win-rate is pretty high, and I'd say you're in good shape.

Is there a way in Hem/PT3 that you can look at whether your cbet% is doing you any good? If so, can someone please post that. I think my cbetting is a leak!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Is there a way in Hem/PT3 that you can look at whether your cbet% is doing you any good? If so, can someone please post that. I think my cbetting is a leak!

Theres a Cbet success rate in HEM but dont think there is in PT3 as far as I am aware

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Cbet success% only tells you the % of times everyone folds to your c-bet. You want to know how you are doing overall in pots where you c-bet. You need to create a new filter and go to the last tab. Select all actions that fit the criteria of the scenario you want to analyze. For c-betting, it would be something like: VPIP = true, pfr = true, could c-bet flop = true, did c-bet flop = true. This will show you every hand that fits this criteria. Are you winning overall? You can then analyze this by position, # of opponents post-flop, whatever you want. I love HEM's capabilities, any situation you find yourself in repeatedly, you can analzye in this manner.

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Played on FT today, ship the -3 buy-in session! Only down $63 after rakeback and bonuses though. :)

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Plan on moving to 5nl for a bit today. Not worried about the jump, just gotta keep an eye on the old BR, after doing all this once already Im feeling inclined to rush things, udpate later.

Edit: Ugh forgot abt the shocking table selecetion at 5nl...

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just got a BR on FTP, I can't believe how soft 10nl is!!! These guys are terrible!!! Three sessions and I'm up 4 buyins, not a bad start!!!

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
/Sigh very frustrating session. Ended up in the -vge but dont think it was down to my play. Couple shitty spots such as flush over flush, AI on the flop with a OESFD against 2 villians and missed ect ect. Nvm

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
If anyone is willing, I'm available to sweat you if you're playing anything from 25nl and lower. Please full ring as I know as much about 6max as i do about ladies undergarments.

shoot me a pm, and please have skype+teamviewer already.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
FT is easy right now! Up 45 bucks on the 10NL tables just chasing some maniac around. gogogogo

Edit: Search for gghootch

Reedit: He left, but the tables are still pretty juicy!

B

brendonius

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question for AJRobin..

Just curious if you want to share any tips for crushing 2NL. I started from the bottom recently after cashing out most of my bankroll and I'm having problems adjusting to these nano-stakes. I've got in about 2800 hands so far this month and was doing quite well then hit a bad run of cards and am now showing a winrate of only 0.76 BB/100. I know it's such a small sample size, but its not really motivating to know that I'm barely beating 2NL atm.

I think DS's recent articles are very informative and might help but I just feel like I'm struggling to make money at these low stakes. I've got some studying and digesting to do though, I'll admit it.

Your graph right now is sick. Care to share any insight?

EDIT: Just noticed your post eNTy, might try and get everything setup. Its something I've never done before but think it could do wonders for my game. I'll shoot you a PM in the next day or so if you're down for setting something up? That would be awesome!

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
In my opinion the real key to beating 2nl is keeping everything simple. You've got to remember that most people are playing 2nl with FR winnings or because theyve deposited money and lost most of it. In short, they are bad players. I play a fairly TAG 18/12 and just keep to my ABC game, raise my strong hands, see cheap flops in position with strong implied-odds hands and muck the rest.

My tips:

Try and see a flop with nearly all PP's despite position (as long as its not too expensive). This wont work at other levels but players here just dont recognise set mining and will pay you off with pairs and draws. A huge pointer for me would be dont even bother trying to bluff. Youll be playing against 40/5 and 70/50 and in short they wont fold to your bluffs, they're willing to go showdown with bottom pair making you AKs unpaired looking silly. Im not saying dont cbet, but chose where to cbet and when your willing to go to showdown. Finally youve got to eb able to differentiate between a bad player trying to get your chips into the pot, and you getting his chips in the pot. Sounds weird but bare with me. Lets say you raise PF with AK and the flop comes A 3 5. In the first scenario you bet every street and the donk thinks about it every time before calling you, on the river you shove the rest of your chips, he calls and flips over A9 and you take the pot, standard. In the second scenario villain calls the flop, turns a blank so you fire again but this time villian raises you. Its very tempting to get ahead of yourself and class him as a 'donk playing 2nl', assume your ahead and shove. Instead look at why he could be raising, its now more likely your TPTK is nolonger good enough and folding really could be the option. Not a great example but it the best i could come up with at 11 at night after a couple brews.

Honestly if you want some more help pm me or send me a sessions hands and ill go through them and give you feedback.

Edit: Oh and im playinf 12 tables so naturally my winnings are going to be in proportion to that, you cant expect to realistically mirror that playing 4 tables ect.

B

brendonius

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thanks for the quick reply!

I think you made a very strong point. I've caught myself doing that several times with TPTK and thinking that he was trying to push me out of the hand with nothing, when in the end, they showed up with two pair or better.

I use PT3 and from the looks of it you're using HEM. If i picked out a session, what would be the best way to forward it your way?

Again, thanks for the words!