** April's Micro Grinder Thread 2NL - 25NL **

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering depositing $500 at bodog and bonus whoring at 25nl there. Anyone play cash games there? The site just looks super soft. 67% of players seeing the flop, lmao.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Considering depositing $500 at Bodog and bonus whoring at 25nl there. Anyone play cash games there? The site just looks super soft. 67% of players seeing the flop, lmao.
Buy/get bodog hand grabber then.
I dont play there but heared almost no one uses trackers on bodog cause bodog has crappy HH and you need a grabber.

Maybe some one that plays there can expand on this?

Last edited:
kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah if you look under the HEM FAQ, it gives you specifics instructions on how to set up a hand grabber (or "grapper" as you put it ;) ). From there you can set up HEM to import HH's and you're good to go.

It just kinda baffles me that I haven't heard of anyone around here taking advantage of the site's bonus offer + the extremely bad players. Sure site support, design & functionality, and rakeback are all important factors in playing somewhere (and Bodog completely lacks or isn't the best in any of those areas) but if you can kill the stakes you play because there complete degenerates there, then it's pretty much hugely +EV.

Guess I'll have to be the first guy on this forum to post a $5k month at 25nl to prove my hypothesis correct.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah if you look under the HEM FAQ, it gives you specifics instructions on how to set up a hand grabber (or "grapper" as you put it ;) ). From there you can set up HEM to import HH's and you're good to go.

It just kinda baffles me that I haven't heard of anyone around here taking advantage of the site's bonus offer + the extremely bad players. Sure site support, design & functionality, and rakeback are all important factors in playing somewhere (and Bodog completely lacks or isn't the best in any of those areas, but if you can kill the stakes you play because there complete degenerates there, then it's pretty much hugely +EV.
I dont what your talking about:p.

Yeah bodog has some good bonuses but if im gonna go bonus whoring im probably going with a ipoker side or one of the other Eurosites cause the usualy have somesick bonuses.
+I just really hate the bodog layout :D

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I dont what your talking about:p.

Yeah bodog has some good bonuses but if im gonna go bonus whoring im probably going with a ipoker side or one of the other Eurosites cause the usualy have somesick bonuses.
+I just really hate the bodog layout :D

I can't do Eurosites dammit

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im sitting next to Joeshowdown at a table + he didnt reply so fix up look sharp man !!

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
lol jurn u like never ever responded when i was at ur tables.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Iv been called a fish/noob 3 times today for hitting sets and re raising QQ on a 299 board vs fish who then berated me for raising lol
Also had a bit of banter with a reg for isolating a limper from EP he flatted behind I cbet he flats I turn a set and we get it in 66>55 sets which he flopped lol so had abit of banter about that.

Also kind of seriously looked at my game tonight and looked where im losing money and why im not beating 25NL harder.

I came up with some improvements which are (obvs they are villian dependant but a guide)

1. Tighten Ranges vs Shortys - this is my main losing area I feel and where most the money is going so my range is literally going to be QQ,KK,AA and AK.
2. 3bets - bigger + adjusting more dependant on villian
3. PP ranges - I now am raising 66+ from UTG and UTG+1 which has changed from 5s UTG.
4. Small Blind - 3betting ranges tightend and calling tightend as im losing alot of money in the SB and playing far too many hands.
5. Two general points are to call less and play far far less pots OOP. I am really trying to focus on playing in position as its so much easier to play the game when your IP.

Just had a session and tried these points out which I was pleased with the way I played. Hopefully continue and see an improvement from today.

GL all Micro Grinders!

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
New biggest pot for me. :)

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------

poker stars, $0.10/$0.25 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

BB: $30.75 (123 bb)
Hero (MP): $35.45 (141.8 bb)
CO: $52.15 (208.6 bb)
BTN: $65.40 (261.6 bb)
SB: $45.30 (181.2 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is MP with 2:spade: 2:club:
Hero raises to $0.75, CO folds, BTN raises to $2, 2 folds, Hero calls $1.25

Flop: ($4.35) 2:heart: 6:spade: 2:diamond: (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $6.25, Hero calls $6.25

Turn: ($16.85) 5:heart: (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $8.25, Hero calls $8.25

River: ($33.35) Q:spade: (2 players)
Hero checks, BTN bets $14, Hero raises to $18.95 and is all-in, BTN calls $4.95

Results: $71.25 pot ($2 rake)
Hero showed 2:spade: 2:club: (four of a kind, Twos) and won $69.25 ($33.80 net)
BTN mucked T:spade: Q:diamond: (two pairs, Queens and Twos) and lost (-$35.45 net)

jewboy07

jewboy07

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Iv been called a fish/noob 3 times today for hitting sets and re raising QQ on a 299 board vs fish who then berated me for raising lol
Also had a bit of banter with a reg for isolating a limper from EP he flatted behind I cbet he flats I turn a set and we get it in 66>55 sets which he flopped lol so had abit of banter about that.

Also kind of seriously looked at my game tonight and looked where im losing money and why im not beating 25NL harder.

I came up with some improvements which are (obvs they are villian dependant but a guide)

1. Tighten Ranges vs Shortys - this is my main losing area I feel and where most the money is going so my range is literally going to be QQ,KK,AA and AK.
2. 3bets - bigger + adjusting more dependant on villian
3. PP ranges - I now am raising 66+ from UTG and UTG+1 which has changed from 5s UTG.
4. Small Blind - 3betting ranges tightend and calling tightend as im losing alot of money in the SB and playing far too many hands.
5. Two general points are to call less and play far far less pots OOP. I am really trying to focus on playing in position as its so much easier to play the game when your IP.

Just had a session and tried these points out which I was pleased with the way I played. Hopefully continue and see an improvement from today.

GL all Micro Grinders!

sounds good but i would like to say (obv villian dependent since some are like4/4 bits) that tightening up against shortys at this stake may not change much because alot of these guys are willing to ship with like ace suited and crap like that

if you dont mind me asking how well are you doing at 25nl?

oh and idk if anybody posted this in the last micro thread but if any of you play at full tilt this is a no brainer

http://www.trulyfreepokertraining.com/

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

It just kinda baffles me that I haven't heard of anyone around here taking advantage of the site's bonus offer + the extremely bad players. Sure site support, design & functionality, and rakeback are all important factors in playing somewhere (and Bodog completely lacks or isn't the best in any of those areas) but if you can kill the stakes you play because there complete degenerates there, then it's pretty much hugely +EV.

Guess I'll have to be the first guy on this forum to post a $5k month at 25nl to prove my hypothesis correct.

Bodog is totally soft but playing on only 4 tables max and the craziest beats can be a little tilting. The handgrabber will run you $50 and actually works most of the time. Huge numbers of limpers in every hand and implied odds are generally huge.

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Looks like I'm going to be possibly moving to FTP with you, Enty! Rakeback + Free Stox = Offer I can't refuse. How's the grinding going over there?

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^
Oh, bad. I had a -4 buy in duy at 25nl on saturday and played some hu sngs today and yesterday, that's it.
I don't really feel like there's much gonna come out of hu sngs except more slacking.
Might go back to 10nl and work on game some more.
And don't you get the $600 first deposit bonus ?

Im such a bastard !! Sorry guys!!
Im guna catch some Zzz's Enty is it like 5am, I swear you dont sleep!!

It's actually 6:46 am now. Better turn in I guess..
Mom is already up again and going to work lole

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
^
Oh, bad. I had a -4 buy in duy at 25nl on saturday and played some hu sngs today and yesterday, that's it.
I don't really feel like there's much gonna come out of hu sngs except more slacking.
Might go back to 10nl and work on game some more.
And don't you get the $600 first deposit bonus ?

It's actually 6:46 am now. Better turn in I guess..
Mom is already up again and going to work lole

Yeah the $600 bonus is going to be ****ing sweet. I'm hoping 25nl 6-max there won't life tilt me. We'll see.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sounds good but i would like to say (obv villian dependent since some are like4/4 bits) that tightening up against shortys at this stake may not change much because alot of these guys are willing to ship with like ace suited and crap like that

if you dont mind me asking how well are you doing at 25nl?

oh and idk if anybody posted this in the last micro thread but if any of you play at full tilt this is a no brainer

http://www.trulyfreepokertraining.com/

Im doing oko just want it to beat it harder, winning at 2ptbb/100 over 90k hands so its about time I chopped up my game and made it better.

I think the shortys is where I lose alot of my money which is pulling me back so just want to tighten my range up and see if it makes any improvements over the next 30k hands.

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow, where the hell are all of us microplayers at??? COME ON LET'S LIVEN THIS THREAD UP, GOGOGOGOGOGO.

Just finished a 28 minute session where two of my tables were SUPER JOOSEE. Then all the tables dried up in the blink of an eye, so I just closed down everything. $6.70 profitz, BOOM.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry i've not been around as much, pregnant girlfriend and such, leaves just enough time for play OR forums atm lol

In the time i have been able to play though its been a crazy ass rollercoaster to say the least, moved up to 10nl 6m @ $300 and got owned, moved back over to 10nl FR when my roll hit $250 and owned it, i'm now flitting between 10nl 6m and 10nl FR and up to my highest ever point of $345 in the roll :D

Now just got to stop the missus finding out about that b/c apparently that would pay for the pram, NEVER!!!!!!

Graphages below, this is since my last update to my blog (new update to follow in the next few days) when i was still at 5nl 6m, you can clearly see at about 2,441 where i moved to 10nl 6m and got owned and then from 3,500ish it was 10nl FR and me doing all the owning!!!! hoorah

Attachments

• since 28th.JPG
    since 28th.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 27
J

j_unatrix

Enthusiast
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
i see we have another chris ferguson

lol jk with you keep it up dude as mizrachi like to say "never stop grinding"

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
So far so good, been mixing in 10./.25 and .25/.50 FR. Been mostly playing during the day and the 50 tables have been teh suck. Lucky to find one with less than 4 shortstackers over 30% plyrs to flop without a waiting list at least 3 deep.

v3prer.jpg

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
6 days of 2nl (the slooow grind back...) and things going well. My original $20 is nearly at $100 now so no complaints

Attachments

• Apr so far.jpg
    Apr so far.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 23
ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
87 bb/100. Dunno how that works out as ptbb/100 but 2nl is so crushable im not suprised if its high.

Attachments

• Apr.jpg
    Apr.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 27