** April's Micro Grinder Thread 2NL - 25NL **

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dont you get your HH's saved to a text file (eg notepad)? You could email me these. If not can you ask FT to send yout the HH's for a session or say the last 500 hands. Not sure how to do this but im sure someone in this thread will. I wouldnt be able to do anything until tues eitherway with it being Easter. Ill PM you my email for when we figure it out.

Z

zzzaacckk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Hi guys, long time lurker in these threads, first time poster. Anyways about a month ago I sold some PS play money for $7 on full tilt and I have been playing FR 0.02NL since then. Attached are my graph and stats. As you can see I had a ridiculous downswing in the middle (all in 1 day) that put me on insane tilt which nearly crushed me. Right now my bankroll stands at around $66 including my SNG and tourney wins. I am a mac user so the Screenies are from Poker CoPilot.

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 21
  • Picture 2.jpg
    Picture 2.jpg
    162.3 KB · Views: 21
GeoffLacey

GeoffLacey

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We need more strat ITT imo. Surely the goal of everyome at 2/5/10/25nl is to make it up to 50, 100 and eventually 200nl. We need to strat discussing the type of things that will help us crush uNL and give us a foot-hold in 50nl and 100nl. The start of the original thread was encouraging, but apart from some very notable exceptions, we've turned into a monthly chat thread for the micros. I'm not saying we shouldn't have a bit of chat here, but we need to talk about 'the game' much more. Sorry for the rant, just my opinion...

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Currently trying to learn 6-max so I've dropped back to 25nl. Playing very nitty atm and finding it very profitable. We'll see how long I stay away from FR this time.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
We need more strat ITT imo. Surely the goal of everyome at 2/5/10/25nl is to make it up to 50, 100 and eventually 200nl. We need to strat discussing the type of things that will help us crush uNL and give us a foot-hold in 50nl and 100nl. The start of the original thread was encouraging, but apart from some very notable exceptions, we've turned into a monthly chat thread for the micros. I'm not saying we shouldn't have a bit of chat here, but we need to talk about 'the game' much more. Sorry for the rant, just my opinion...

Goot point IMO.

I may try to do something about 25NL but what does everybody want ?

ANybody have any questions ? want to know stuff??
People need to ask, we get the odd discussion but we need more questions.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Hi guys, long time lurker in these threads, first time poster. Anyways about a month ago I sold some PS play money for $7 on full tilt and I have been playing FR 0.02NL since then. Attached are my graph and stats. As you can see I had a ridiculous downswing in the middle (all in 1 day) that put me on insane tilt which nearly crushed me. Right now my bankroll stands at around $66 including my SNG and tourney wins. I am a mac user so the Screenies are from Poker CoPilot.

you played 21k hands ina day??

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
what the hell is going on at 25NL??
Do Americans get all of today off or something I have seen some horrible plays this evening?

Ship the 9 BI day and 7BI final session which I was amazed at the play people stacking K9 on 10K2 two toned boards and im holding 10's after ISO'ing them, its just weird.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Currently trying to learn 6-max so I've dropped back to 25nl. Playing very nitty atm and finding it very profitable. We'll see how long I stay away from FR this time.

6max is easy. Im at 80bb/100 across all of my 200 hands of 6max

Z

zzzaacckk

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
pretty sure he meant the downswing happened in one day.

Truth.

Just trying to get back to where I was now... At least I will have 20 more dollars from Take 2 after tonight.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
omg i hate take 2, i forgot to play on sunday after a full day of live poker and only got $5 out of it :mad:

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Thank god for take 2, help take a dent out of the beating I'm taking this month.

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
rofl poker

--------------------
HAND #1
--------------------

poker stars, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 5 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

BB: $2.30 (46 bb)
Hero (MP): $11.45 (229 bb)
CO: $4.95 (99 bb)
BTN: $7.11 (142.2 bb)
SB: $5.89 (117.8 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is MP with K:diamond: Q:spade:
Hero raises to $0.20, 3 folds, BB calls $0.15

Flop: ($0.42) 2:heart: Q:heart: 2:spade: (2 players)
BB bets $0.70, Hero raises to $3, BB calls $1.40 and is all-in

Turn: ($4.62) 6:heart: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
River: ($4.62) 6:club: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

Results: $4.62 pot ($0.20 rake)
BB showed 6:diamond: 6:spade: (four of a kind, Sixes) and won $4.42 ($2.12 net)
Hero mucked K:diamond: Q:spade: (two pairs, Queens and Sixes) and lost (-$2.30 net)

--------------------
HAND #2
--------------------

Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 NL Hold'em Cash Game, 6 Players
Hand History Converter by Stoxpoker

SB: $3.80 (76 bb)
Hero (BB): $6.84 (136.8 bb)
UTG: $2.55 (51 bb)
MP: $4.88 (97.6 bb)
CO: $8.59 (171.8 bb)
BTN: $6.19 (123.8 bb)

Pre-Flop: Hero is BB with 8:heart: 4:heart:
UTG calls $0.05, 3 folds, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.15) 2:diamond: Q:heart: 8:diamond: (3 players)
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks

Turn: ($0.15) 8:spade: (3 players)
SB bets $0.05, Hero raises to $0.40, UTG calls $0.40, SB folds

River: ($1) 8:club: (2 players)
Hero bets $6.39 and is all-in, UTG calls $2.10 and is all-in

Results: $5.20 pot ($0.25 rake)
Hero showed 8:heart: 4:heart: (four of a kind, Eights) and won $4.95 ($2.40 net)
UTG showed 5:club: 5:spade: (a full house, Eights full of Fives) and lost (-$2.55 net)

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I don't like take 2... I forgot to play on sunday and now i'm not getting $25 :(

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I deposited a little too late, but I got $5 out of take 2.

beardyian

beardyian

Scary Clown
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Managed all 10 days so a great boost to my FT BR :)

TPC

TPC

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Managed all 10 days so a great boost to my FT BR :)

I just started Playing on FTP and missed the first two days of the "Take 2" So I only got five bucks, but hey I'll take five bucks for free!!! I'm running well on 10nl there!!! I wish I could do as good on PS!!!

I attacted a graph of my first 8 days, while I was playing the "Take 2" The graph says 9 days cause my session went past midnight.

Attachments

• Graph.jpg
    Graph.jpg
    65.8 KB · Views: 19
Deltafrost

Deltafrost

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just posting to say hi guys. been swamped with school and when i wasnt busy i tried to get some hands in.

Found out last month one day that my roommate drunkenly tilted off all but 77 in my acct, then i paid off a prop bet and had 27 to grind.

this is what happened to it :joyman:
April
all 5nl and 10nl...figured I've beaten both stakes for over 30k hands each i could play on 10BI. basically rolled for 10nl legitly now!

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question for you guys:

How often do you think aggression at these levels represents draws being played aggressively, and how often is this a made hand, say two pair or better?

I'm thinking the default should be to give up with anything less than 2 pair or good draw. The players with high post-flop aggression usually show themselves pretty quickly, and the ones that overvalue top pair/no kicker usually don't take too long to show either.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Question for you guys:

How often do you think aggression at these levels represents draws being played aggressively, and how often is this a made hand, say two pair or better?

I'm thinking the default should be to give up with anything less than 2 pair or good draw. The players with high post-flop aggression usually show themselves pretty quickly, and the ones that overvalue top pair/no kicker usually don't take too long to show either.

IMO, I dont think people bet draws I think they prefer to check them until they actually hit it and then show aggression. Therefore if a person is showing aggression it means they usually have something but its villian dependent what they have. Some will play sets the same way others will play TPTK.

Also another point is that people love to limp call small PP's so watch out if they play back at you hard, thats just a little thing I have picked up.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Depends on the villain obv. I've had a fish yesterday check call my flop cbet. Bet turn and bet river w/ a nutflush draw on flop that never hit.
Generally from a TAG I'd just give respect without a very good hand just for getting out of marginal spots...

I've started in Professional No-Limit Holdem, the book.
Would there be any interest in me doing a summary of an interesting topic or something ?

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I see the same thing all the time, enty. I'm at 5NL right now and consistently see people show up with a 56s on a 78JJKQ board with no flush possible. And the only time I see this is when I'm holding AK and give up when the Q falls or something like that. Otherwise, when I bet the river, they usually toss.

But I would definitely say that Jurn is closer to the truth at 25NL and up. If they are still overplaying draws at those limits you need to buddy list them.