Chips
Or move up the limits and stay a poker pro imo :D

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah sure switch, sorry mate I wasnt disagreeing if you thought that lol I was just getting owned and 3bet to shite by one of the regs cant remember his name but he has like a street fighter avatar!

xxdanimalxx with the x's i think his name is. He's pretty much the best reg i've run into, i just generally sit on his left, that way you can 3bet him nearly all the time he raises from button or co, since he raises there close to 100%, and folds super often, easy money.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
thats the badger, yeah he seemed like the best reg so far. Yeah that was my plan exactly after i had come across him and found it to work out ok.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im done with 50NL already - 5BI's in 5.7k hands.
See you guys at 25NL later.

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Im done with 50NL already - 5BI's in 5.7k hands.

Sounds a lot like my first attempt... :eek: fwiw, it took me 2.5 months to complete the transition from 25nl to 50nl, between my first attempt until i finally didn't need to move back down. But you play more volume, so i suspect you'll move up faster than that.

If you have time, you could try making a video of one of your 50nl sessions using a hand replayer and explaining your decisions. Would probably be the best way to get proper feedback.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, don't worry about it Jake I've been trying to move up to 100nl successfully since December.

Jagsti

Jagsti

I'm sweet enough!
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sounds a lot like my first attempt... :eek: fwiw, it took me 2.5 months to complete the transition from 25nl to 50nl, between my first attempt until i finally didn't need to move back down. But you play more volume, so i suspect you'll move up faster than that.

If you have time, you could try making a video of one of your 50nl sessions using a hand replayer and explaining your decisions. Would probably be the best way to get proper feedback.

Yeah, do this Jake. You'll get some great feedback dude.

Usual problems when taking shots is FPS, or just variance. 5 buy ins is nothing, but go back to 25nl to get some feel/confidence ready for your next shot.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Iv sent two of my sessions which is 3k's worth of hands.

I think I didnt run goot but shit bags set mining in 3bet pots vs my AA/KK and me stacking flop when they flop sets. Dont know if this is bad or what but iv posted all shitty hands in the HA forum.

Also Alapachi falls at beachers brook RIGGED !!
Shit day, I feel frustrated because I felt as though I could actually win some proper $$ at 50NL and think I had a rough start due to some shitty luck and some bad play but we shall see what zach and WV say.

1st lifetime poker kick in the balls, time to rebuild, refocus and put it behind me.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
sigh, up 1 buy in first session back to 25NL, wish I could play this well at 50NL NVM! I will be back 50NL in 14 more buy ins !!!

Going to chill out watch some TV and then going to grind so hard tonight. 8 - 3am will be grinding (obvs with breaks) ship in another 3k hands IMO.

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
how many tables do you play jake? 9?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
going to play 10 or 12 this evening, played 8 at 50NL though

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
....Also Alapachi falls at beachers brook RIGGED !!

:D I had comply or die.... at a whole £1 each way lol, need scunthorpe to win the johnstones paint trophy tomorrow to get me some cash back on 2 of my coupons, could do with everton drawing as well for a nice pay out!

GL at the saturday donkaments tonight, i might go on in a bit but saturdays is normally a no-no for me b/c of afternoon drinking w/ coupon in hand watching soccer saturday in the pub lol

I just had a kfc and feel like im sobering up a touch tho so who knows, blog update tomorrow as well peeps, had a very swongy and tiltish week, resulting in me being back at 10nl FR lol crazy

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
OMG where the hell have u been ajrobin?
Glad your back mate :).

It has been a while! Been sorting out finances and university stuff for the last 6 months or so and after withdrawing all my cash for debts and my car (Peugot 206 btw) I lost the will to regrind the micros again. But my shits back in order and ive got the itch again, so im back! Weeee

NineLions

NineLions

Advanced beginner
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
April is the cruelest month

3 sessions in April, all down, down a total of 7+ buyins. :(

I'm overrolled for $25nl so that's not a problem, but man it tries the patience. So much that I went back to $10nl, opened up twice as many tables, just to finally have a winning session this month.

IveGot0uts

IveGot0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Introductions and Inquisitions

I just started my first attempt at the move up from .02/.05FRNLHE to .1/.25FRNLHE. I'm bypassing the .05/.1 because I felt it was useless except maybe as an adjustment from not being deep stacked any longer.
Previously I tried going to .1/.25 on the 6 max tables and was quickly told I had no business there.

So far the attempt goes well, breaking the threads boundaries a bit since I started on March 31, but up 6.3 BI in 5.2k hands over 4 sessions. About to start session 5, will be a relativley short one as I have to get up early. I've been playing around 5 hours at a run for a bit over 1k hands a night on between 3 and 6 tables dependent on distractions and quality of table availability.

Since installing HEM before i started rebuilding I had a win rate in .02/.05FRNLHE of 18BigBets/100h over 8.6k hands, and in the inital run where I built up my roll I was running PT3 and I had a winrate of 13.6BigBets/100h over 25.2k hands. (been too lazy to combine the databases) I would say the rise in winrate comes from the addition of a HUD with HEM.

Is this large a drop in winrate fairly standard for people moving up to this level? or am I still acclimating? or do I suck a bit harder at this limit than I did at the last? or is this a result of no longer being short stacked, and thereby limiting the bonus BB I was picking up from fishies?

Sorry for being long winded, but as this is my first post in this thread, and I'm planning on being a bit more regualr I figured I'd give some backstory. I'm going through and reading the linked threads that have been posted in this thread, and if anyone would like to PM me, or post in here a suggested reading list of posts/articles about 25FRNLHE play it would be greatly appreciated.

Also a final question, has a consensus been reached as to the standard way to say "Big Bets per 100 hands" vs "Big Blinds per 100 hands." I have the impression that it's BB/100h and bb/100h respectivly, but it's a large difference if I misconstrue my meaning.

See you at the tables, my apologies if you turn out to be one of the people I tell to die in a fire during a tiltrage:)

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well your samples are too small to put much significance in the pre/post hud stats although I'm sure that helps. I also ran at 12+ BB/100 at 5nl over a larger sample, only 6.5BB/100 through 12k hands at 10nl. Pretty sure I can do a little better in the long run, but winrates do tend to drop rather drastically at these lowest stakes when moving up. Wouldn't be that unusual to make the same $/hr at 25nl as 10nl or 10nl as 5nl.

Last edited:
eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Skipping limits is generally not a good idea. You might see it as the same because at 5nl you had the possibilty to buy in deep for 200bb with $10 but it's still a different limit with different play. At 10nl $5 and smaller are considered shortstacks and thus you change ur play against them accordingly. At 5nl $5 are normal stacks.

I'd advise you to play some 10nl, even if you are rolled for 25nl, even if it's just for 10k hands. For one, it seems you could benefit from adding on more tables. 3/4 tables is generally considered low for FR and your sample size is thus very small. You don't know anything for 4k hands.

The general consensus is BB/100 and not bb/100. So whenever you post a winrate it should be best to say it in BB/100.

Edit: hmm dwil, don't you mean you're BB/100 will drop but your $/hr will go up, in stead of $/hr staying the same, as you said, cause if it stays the same why do we even move up ?

IveGot0uts

IveGot0uts

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Wow you guys are quick

I didn't bypass the 10nl entirely, just faster than I felt warranted a mention. Before the first time I tried moving up I put in around 3k hands(I know it's short) to acclimate to the stack sizes, but once I felt I had that under control I moved up.

In my style of play in the 5nl games I more or less avoided 5 dollar stacks as though they were short stacks, looking to maximize donkey pillaging profits. My plan was to put in my time properly at 10nl if I failed at this run at 25nl, which so far, despite what I realize are still small samples, doesn't look to be the case. Particularly since I already know a lot of specifics areas I can improve that game.

I do hate the short stackers that seem to plague my tables intermittently. I think the SPR info will help me to get a more concrete basis for understanding how to handle them, as now i'm probably too tight with them since I seem to eat them every time I call or shove them. And that just can't be optimal, I'm being too conservative. I just ordered PNL in the PS store, and have been reading the SPR post linked earlier in this thread. Any advice on dealing with short stackers beyond the running away I do when they infest a table would be appreciated too. At the lower levels I really just ignored them, as long as there weren't too many, and tried to gut the deep stacks.

I standardly look to play 6 tables at a time, because this is all I can tile on my lappy monitor, though I'm trying to come up with a convenient way to set up my extra monitor that will allow me to play 9 on it alone. I find that I can't make good reads if I can't keep my tables tiled in the same positions. I can keep the players sorted and make player dependent reads much better than by hud alone when I can do that. I did the 12+ tables thing at 5nl but I'm trying to start out with fewer tables at this level till I gain more confidence/experience. Also to make sure I don't burn my roll too bad in some sort of donkey-tilt-tastic rage, not that I do that, but I sure would hate to. Also I'm hoping that I can work up the mental flexibility to make the solid reads running 9 tables on external monitor and 6 on lappy, but that seems a bit ambitious. Once I feel comfortable and can kill it well on 6 tables the larger multi-tabling will definitly be the next goal before stepping up to 50nl.

Sadly still haven't gotten to start that 5th session. Girlfriends distract from poker big time. Hopefully I can get some in tonight. Poker that is. Online. Forget it.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Well, welcome to the thread. :) Nice posts, I play 6max so I don't have to deal with the shortstackers much.

I'm willing to entertain the girlfriends while you try to get some hands in. ;)

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I'm willing to entertain the girlfriends while you try to get some hands in. ;)

Don't worry, I'vegotouts. All this means is D'wilius will be dancing the Robot and wearing his cleanest polo shirts more often.:p

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I just started my first attempt at the move up from .02/.05FRNLHE to .1/.25FRNLHE. I'm bypassing the .05/.1 because I felt it was useless except maybe as an adjustment from not being deep stacked any longer.
Previously I tried going to .1/.25 on the 6 max tables and was quickly told I had no business there.

So far the attempt goes well, breaking the threads boundaries a bit since I started on March 31, but up 6.3 BI in 5.2k hands over 4 sessions. About to start session 5, will be a relativley short one as I have to get up early. I've been playing around 5 hours at a run for a bit over 1k hands a night on between 3 and 6 tables dependent on distractions and quality of table availability.

Since installing HEM before i started rebuilding I had a win rate in .02/.05FRNLHE of 18BigBets/100h over 8.6k hands, and in the inital run where I built up my roll I was running PT3 and I had a winrate of 13.6BigBets/100h over 25.2k hands. (been too lazy to combine the databases) I would say the rise in winrate comes from the addition of a HUD with HEM.

Is this large a drop in winrate fairly standard for people moving up to this level? or am I still acclimating? or do I suck a bit harder at this limit than I did at the last? or is this a result of no longer being short stacked, and thereby limiting the bonus BB I was picking up from fishies?

Sorry for being long winded, but as this is my first post in this thread, and I'm planning on being a bit more regualr I figured I'd give some backstory. I'm going through and reading the linked threads that have been posted in this thread, and if anyone would like to PM me, or post in here a suggested reading list of posts/articles about 25FRNLHE play it would be greatly appreciated.

Also a final question, has a consensus been reached as to the standard way to say "Big Bets per 100 hands" vs "Big Blinds per 100 hands." I have the impression that it's BB/100h and bb/100h respectivly, but it's a large difference if I misconstrue my meaning.

See you at the tables, my apologies if you turn out to be one of the people I tell to die in a fire during a tiltrage:)

welcome dude, im abit confused about your winrate stuff. Are you winning at 13PTBB/100 so far @ 25NL?

ajrobin

ajrobin

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ugh im having to rein myself in massivley atm. Getting really impatient of nut peddling the 2nl tables and already planning my reemergence to 25nl (lol) with my BR not even 10% of what i set myself. I find taking breaks and playing the occasional SnG helps with this. Food is a must :). *Sigh*...patience is everything!

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going to re tune my game + hopefully will see improvements from today. Will update when re tuning is set in stone!

Villa 2 - 1 up vs the Scum!! Gabby scored aswell which is an unusual sight !

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Going to re tune my game + hopefully will see improvements from today. Will update when re tuning is set in stone!

Villa 2 - 1 up vs the Scum!! Gabby scored aswell which is an unusual sight !
()/&(/%)=)%#$%"==Ö=(=Ö/!()!)(!=&!()!!!!!
****!.
Damm u Man UTD scoring injury time winners every single time.
Villa where the better side for 85min but the scum had to win.
/vent.

Gonna put in a megaseason now*

*Just to include something poker releated:D