** April's Micro Grinder Thread 2NL - 25NL **

spore

spore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At some point this month (in the next week or so probably). I'm going to venture back into the world of micros (well technically before I was playing nano). I'm thinking about making the switch to 10NL 6-max. Anyone have links to articles or general information on adjustments to make from FR to 6-max? I've seen people (like ChuckTs) playing 6-max at higher levels playing like 33/17. What do you guys think?

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
The last two weeks in March have been the most profitable for me in months, mostly since I haven't had time to play nearly at all since about October. So hopefully April will be even better than March. Good luck to everyone else as well.

Melkor

Melkor

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
At some point this month (in the next week or so probably). I'm going to venture back into the world of micros (well technically before I was playing nano). I'm thinking about making the switch to 10NL 6-max. Anyone have links to articles or general information on adjustments to make from FR to 6-max? I've seen people (like ChuckTs) playing 6-max at higher levels playing like 33/17. What do you guys think?

33/17 wouldn't be usual, bit too loos passive. I play about 21/18 something like that and anything up to 33/30 is pretty regular and can be successful. I would check out C9s required reading in the cash forum and read all the 6-max articles.

spore

spore

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
33/17 wouldn't be usual, bit too loos passive. I play about 21/18 something like that and anything up to 33/30 is pretty regular and can be successful. I would check out C9s required reading in the cash forum and read all the 6-max articles.

Thanks, i figured those stats would not be typical at lower limits.. there must be some justification at 200NL. I will check out the articles you speak of :)

edit: err, could someone post me a link to C9's required reading?

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I'm moving up to 4 tables of 25NL this month. I've always been jealous of the volume some of you guys put in. I've got a long hours job and two kids, so I only get to play for an hour or so 3 or 4 nights a week. Made the jump to 3 tables pretty smoothly, and now I will start 4. I will be happy if I clear 5,000 hands this month. I know for some of you, that's only a couple of sessions! I have a 17" monitor and I have to tile tables, so I don't know if I'll ever be able to add more without it being too cramped on my screen. One step at a time, I guess.

Good luck in April, everyone!

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
Gunslinger, you could cascade the tiles. That is what I used to do with my laptop and played more than 4 tables. You won't be able to see all of them at once, but you can definitely still play.

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gunslinger, you could cascade the tiles. That is what I used to do with my laptop and played more than 4 tables. You won't be able to see all of them at once, but you can definitely still play.
You mean tile 4 tables, and then put 1 table on top of each one, in four stacks of 2?

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Gunslinger, I play 6 tables laid out as the pic below, when i ever want to play 8 i just shrink the tables a little and i can fit in another 2, by sitting in the right hand corner of the table you can just about see when you are being dealt cards on a table, if your not in a hand, and pre-fold if u have trash or w/e makes it a lot easier i think. Other than that, table ninjas definetly the way forward, i dont know if you use it but if you dont its an awesome App.

Attachments

• my layout.JPG
    my layout.JPG
    208.7 KB · Views: 62
RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You mean tile 4 tables, and then put 1 table on top of each one, in four stacks of 2?

Let me chime in. That works, too. But I still prefer stacking them full-size. It's easy to do 10 that way (or more, but not as easily).

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can easily tile 9 tables fwiw gunslinger.

O

orangepeeleo

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Sorry, that was a bit of a big picture lol shoud've really thought about shrinking it tbh

I play on a laptop screen as well so its not like ive got a big monitor to do that, i've never tried the 4 stacks of 2 idea before, might try that.

GunslingerZ

GunslingerZ

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You can easily tile 9 tables fwiw gunslinger.
On a 17" monitor? I've done it with 5 or 6 observed tables on my screen to see what it would be like, and maybe I could follow the action, but my HUD becomes completely unreadable.

Orange, I play on Full Tilt, and ninja is for Stars only, right?

Like I said, I'm just moving up to 4 for now. I definitely prefer tiling so I can follow any one table at any time. I guess I'll feel ready to add more tables when I'm more comfortable making an decision somewhere and then not being to see that table until it's time for my next one. Right now I just want to see if I can play more volume this way and keep my modest 3 PTBB/100 winrate. Plus rakeback!! I <3 <3 <3 <3 my rakeback.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I got a 17" inch monitor too and it works fine.
It has some overlap, but if you tile 6 you get minimal overlap imo.
Don't really know tilt well, but I assume you can tile them just the same as on stars.

Ninja doesnt work on stars I think, but there is such a thing called Full Tilt Shortcuts that work in a similar way as autohotkey I think.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Full Tilt Shortcuts is great. It's $35 and well worth it.

FWIW there is an option on FT to cascade and it runs the tables the opposite way Orange showed above. This is how I play. You will definitely miss some action this way but for my old eyes I just can't tile more than 4 tables, with cascade I can play up to 13 on my laptop.

OzExorcist

OzExorcist

Broomcorn's uncle
Bronze Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
OK, I'm saddling up for today's exciting $2NL session - wish me luck, damage report later :p

absoluthamm

absoluthamm

<==Poker Face
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I have done the stacking and cascading the windows. They both work about the same for me, neither one better than the other, but sometimes, depending on the site you are using, they might have an option in the window bar for cascading all of your windows, so you dont have to manually go through and do it yourself(because it is SOOOO hard, right? lol)

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I prefer to tile since i find it easyer to keep track of hands im not involved in to get a better feel for how villains are playing.

dg1267

dg1267

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I cascade on UB, Tilt, Stars and tile on Walker, Carbon. I hate tiling! You can't play more than about 6 tables and it's a lot harder to tell when one of your tables needs attention.

fwiw, HEM is a great way to tell how villains are playing. If you are playing more than 4 tables, it's tough to pay much attention to any given villain anyway.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I cascade on UB, Tilt, Stars and tile on Walker, Carbon. I hate tiling! You can't play more than about 6 tables and it's a lot harder to tell when one of your tables needs attention.

fwiw, HEM is a great way to tell how villains are playing. If you are playing more than 4 tables, it's tough to pay much attention to any given villain anyway.
I tile 4-6 tables and use PT3 but PT3 still doesnt give my some of the info on villains i can pick up by tilling and paying attention.
If a min bet is strong or weak, if he over bets bluffs,size of value bets and even if i dont put to much faith on it even timing tells ect.
Litle things i just cant pick up on while cascading.

RogueRivered

RogueRivered

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I tile 4-6 tables and use PT3 but PT3 still doesnt give my some of the info on villains i can pick up by tilling and paying attention.
If a min bet is strong or weak, if he over bets bluffs,size of value bets and even if i dont put to much faith on it even timing tells ect.
Litle things i just cant pick up on while cascading.

I think as I progress this sort of thing will be more important, but right now I believe playing 10+ tables and getting in a lot of hands is more important and profitable. I usually only play 50-70 hands at any one table at a sitting. If certain players need to be watched more carefully, the hand replayer can give you a quick review.

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone else not upgrade to the latest version of HEM yet? I know it's supposed to be good and all but it's still a Beta version isn't it? Plus I hear you have to create a new database and all this mess that I don't feel like doing. Is it worth the upgrade or can I just stay a lazy bastard?

icemonkey9

icemonkey9

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
You guys should also try the free RobinP's Full Tilt Tools. I tried it out, it's an AHK script that has everything you really "have to have" but not all the bells and whistles of FTShortcuts.

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone else not upgrade to the latest version of HEM yet? I know it's supposed to be good and all but it's still a Beta version isn't it? Plus I hear you have to create a new database and all this mess that I don't feel like doing. Is it worth the upgrade or can I just stay a lazy bastard?

Yeah I upgraded mine today, I didnt have to create a new database though. They added support for omaha, and the table scanner. The table scanner looks like it could be pretty nice. I didn't really get into it too much but looks like a souped up version of telescope, afaik you have to purchase it eventually but is free trial until april 15th.

C

cAPSLOCK

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ooh. It includes 02nl this month! :)