** April's Micro Grinder Thread 2NL - 25NL **

ericgarner118

ericgarner118

Rock Star
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
I didn't get to involved with last months discussion, read alot of it but 1400 posts was a bit to catch up with. I did learn a lot about my micro game just by reading through a good bit of it. I definitely will get more involved this month.

About how many hands in a session to you guys get against particular villains? I'm like roguerivered, and only get like 50-75 hands a session and usually less. I know this is no where near enough to put a good bit of their stats to use. Which stats should I even be caring about and how much stock should I put into them? I know VPIP can be pretty usefull even with this few of hands, especially when it's about 80, but what about 3bet, fold to cbet, etc?

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first proper session of 50NL, 800 hands 8 tabling! some really tough spots for me! Posted a few in the HA section,

some common spots well happend like 4/5 times were QQ/JJ in UTG+1/MP1 and being 3bet from HJ/CO me flatting check/calling low boards then checking turn low cards then villians firing again and im suddenly in half stack pots with an overpair thinking hmm do I really have the best hand here. Just kept thinking of WV's motto of position + aggro = $$

Anyway will fire up again in 30 mins after an incredibly swingy 1st session

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
first proper session of 50NL, 800 hands 8 tabling! some really tough spots for me! Posted a few in the HA section,

some common spots well happend like 4/5 times were QQ/JJ in UTG+1/MP1 and being 3bet from HJ/CO me flatting check/calling low boards then checking turn low cards then villians firing again and im suddenly in half stack pots with an overpair thinking hmm do I really have the best hand here. Just kept thinking of WV's motto of position + aggro = $$

Anyway will fire up again in 30 mins after an incredibly swingy 1st session

What types of villains? Flatting JJ/QQ OOP usually sucks.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
standard LAGs and TAGs, some unknowns.

Could you not use it as a sort of set mining with premiums or is it better to do so when your IP?

S

switch0723

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
omg i saw you today jake. But the table broke like the moment i sat down :(.

as far as playing jj/qq to 3bets. Its so hard to do, I'm generally folding 80% of the time against solid players, since i'm pretty nitty in early position so 3betting me light isn't great, since im only folding like half my range. But in general, i think calling 3bets in that spot is the worst possible play, i think you should be folding or 4betting/getting it in against the laggiest players

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok guys thanks for the advice, I always want to improve my game so thanks for helping me out.

Just finished my second session which was a 3 hour marathon, finished a little over +2.5BI's which after my -1BI session earlier gives me a +1.5 BI day.

I am really pleased with the way I played in the second session. More aggressive, more pots IP, more solid plays and my table awareness was good. Some of the best poker in my life I have just played I think, I watched a few DC vids yesterday and they really helped with todays second session, in some similar spots. Attempted some 3bet bluffs only 2 lol so dont worry im no maniac, they were postflop aswell.

Also 50NL I think you can earn some nice $$$ aswell, hope I can make the move smoothly. I feel ok there just hope I run along well and make some serious FPP's. Tomorrow = GRIND! 4k hands 8 tabling, its going to be a long day but hopefully some nice monies at the end!

GL All micro guys and post some updates you lazy mo fo's!

The Shrog

The Shrog

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
gl this month to all micro grinders. Play your best!

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
standard LAGs and TAGs, some unknowns.

Could you not use it as a sort of set mining with premiums or is it better to do so when your IP?

Set mining pretty much anything OOP sucks. Set mining pretty much anything in a 3bet pot sucks. Set mining pretty much anything OOP in a 3bet pot ****ing blows!

But if you are calling just to set mine ch/calling a flop bet when the board comes all unders will cost you a TON of $$.

slycbnew

slycbnew

Cardschat Elite
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
GL to us all in April...

THE BAD: Had to drop down to 10NL after some tilt inducing suckouts at 25NL, immediately followed by tilted super-bad play on my part.

THE GOOD: Running at 12 BB/100 over my last 3K hands at 10NL. Either I'm getting really lucky in table selection, or there are differences between 10NL and 25NL players that I'd forgotten. Seems like everyone at 10NL is calling down with 4outers, or shoving with TPTK - it happens at 25NL, but I can't count on it.

THE BEST: Dsvw's posts on exploiting opponents. Great posts, really looking forward to posts on super-LAG's (say, 50+/35+/5) - these are the guys I have the hardest time with - of course, I'm an idiot and start playing back at them when I probably shouldn't.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys FT is giving away $$ with a Promo called Take 2.

Basically you have to play on 2 cash tables long enough to earn 1 ftp each day for 10 days to earn $25. That's it. But you MUST register for it.

Full details here: http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/take-2

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
GL All micro guys and post some updates you lazy mo fo's!

3k hands +1 buyin so far this month. Trying to put in the hands, but think I need to concentrate a little more on quality than quantity. Also, need to work on being more aggro preflop/c-bets.

S93

S93

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3K hands at 25nl done this month and im 70$ up.
Pretty good since the last few days of March where horible and i was fearing i would have to move back down but doing better know.
+250$ in a live rebuy make me even more happy :)

kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Guys FT is giving away $$ with a Promo called Take 2.

Basically you have to play on 2 cash tables long enough to earn 1 ftp each day for 10 days to earn $25. That's it. But you MUST register for it.

Full details here: http://www.fulltiltpoker.com/take-2

Thanks, WV. I've got a small roll on FT and this should give me a little boost there. Plus, seeing as how 25nl wants to kick my ass at Stars, I could just take a lil' break from there whenever I need it and grind at FT instead.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Yeah, even with a small roll, you should be able to just sit and fold at the micro tables for a few hands until you get 1 point and make out really well. It's not much but there are certainly people in this thread with a lot more that started with less.

Dwilius

Dwilius

CardsChat Regular
Silver Level
Total posts
Awards
Chips
I prefer to tile since i find it easyer to keep track of hands im not involved in to get a better feel for how villains are playing.

Same here. Think I might have a better $/hr playing 4 tables than 6 6max because of the occasional soulreads I might otherwise miss as I'm still a little hurried playing six. Definitely like to be able to choose which action/plyrs to pay attn to.

Thanks, wvh. $25 is more than I have on FTP, so I'm going for that one...only problem got invalid page when I followed instructions and clicked on promotions, but sent email to support.

WVHillbilly

WVHillbilly

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Same here. Think I might have a better $/hr playing 4 tables than 6 6max because of the occasional soulreads I might otherwise miss as I'm still a little hurried playing six. Definitely like to be able to choose which action/plyrs to pay attn to.

Thanks, wvh. $25 is more than I have on FTP, so I'm going for that one...only problem got invalid page when I followed instructions and clicked on promotions, but sent email to support.

Hell, you never know you may even here from them before the promotion ends. :) :( (cause it's true)

Richyl2008

Richyl2008

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Ok guys thanks for the advice, I always want to improve my game so thanks for helping me out. GL All micro guys and post some updates you lazy mo fo's!

Just started 50nl fr myself this month. So far so good, only played about 1700 hands so far, but am up a couple buyins. Been playing 9-12 tables, but have to swap them out a lot, keep ending up sandwiched between regs and shortstackers.

Anyone play the pot limit tables? I have been kind of avoiding those, don't have a lot of experience with them. Wasn't sure what kind of adjustments need to be made or if they are more/less profitable than nl.

Last edited:
kleitches

kleitches

Visionary
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
3K hands at 25nl done this month and im 70$ up.
Pretty good since the last few days of March where horible and i was fearing i would have to move back down but doing better know.
+250$ in a live rebuy make me even more happy :)

I started out the month great, winning 4+ buy-ins on the first day of grinding out 25nl, but after a few sessions I'm now only at 21 buy-ins. Not sure what my limit is for moving down, but I definitely don't want to go back to 10nl. 25nl is fun. You play 6-max, Sindri?

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Anyone play the pot limit tables? I have been kind of avoiding those, don't have a lot of experience with them. Wasn't sure what kind of adjustments need to be made or if they are more/less profitable than nl.

If they are juicy I'll definitely join them. They don't play much different tbh. You still wait for hands and try to get it in. It does seem like a bit easier to do so since the general play is a bit looser, especially preflop you'll see 4-5 limps and some limp/calls after you ISO a lot more than at NL.

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Just started 50nl fr myself this month. So far so good, only played about 1700 hands so far, but am up a couple buyins. Been playing 9-12 tables, but have to swap them out a lot, keep ending up sandwiched between regs and shortstackers.

Awesome, who are the regs you have spotted? I havent spotted many yet but theres a few supernovas who are just pure nits that Iv found.

Set mining pretty much anything OOP sucks. Set mining pretty much anything in a 3bet pot sucks. Set mining pretty much anything OOP in a 3bet pot ****ing blows!

But if you are calling just to set mine ch/calling a flop bet when the board comes all unders will cost you a TON of $$.

This sucks, and it did! I am going to play QQ, JJ the way I play the rest of my PP. However I will be happier to stack QQ vs aggro maniacs.

Also glad to see everybody off to a nice start with +2,3,4 BI's. Keep it up guys. I can see a smallish group of 5/6 of us at 25NL and me and richy just starting out at 50NL. Hope we all make the smooth transition and are all at 100/200NL by the end of the year that would be great to look back on and see we have come from the micros together. Also saw a guy at the tables today who I have been grinding with from 2NL, 5NL, 10NL, 25NL and now 50NL we have made the same progress in same amount of time its weird.

Last edited:
BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Awesome, who are the regs you have spotted? I havent spotted many yet but theres a few supernovas who are just pure nits that Iv found.

A 50nl supernova reg can only be a very mediocre player, tbh. Playing that many hands without moving up is just awful.

eNTy

eNTy

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
A 50nl supernova reg can only be a very mediocre player, tbh. Playing that many hands without moving up is just awful.

What about some of the supernovas i see on 25nl ?
Dropping down having fun or actually grinding. There's one of them with like 10/7 stats over 500 hands so far and another with a TAG style :\

Jurn8

Jurn8

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips
Dropping down having fun or actually grinding. There's one of them with like 10/7 stats over 500 hands so far and another with a TAG style :\

There is one grinder, I will try and find him at the tables to tell you his name!

BelgoSuisse

BelgoSuisse

Legend
Silver Level
Total posts
Chips

you can always PTR them to know more. When PS and FTP are closed, of course. Some people got tempo banned for using in while in sessions, it seems.